ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Milking a Past Success...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Milking a Past Success... Reply with quote Back to top

I'm growing incredibly tired of the way Golden Eye 007 for the Wii is being promoted. Everything hints back to the original N64 game, which this has almost nothing to do with. The newest television commercial shows a "musuem" of sorts, showcasing classic GE64 history. There is even a framed piece of artwork, which depicts a group of friends sitting around playing the Nintendo 64, while the winner of the multiplayer match stands up in excitement. We're constantly being told that "GoldenEye is back", but are also frequently reminded that this is a re-imagining of the 1997 blockbuster. You can't have it both ways. They're simply riding on the coat-tails of GoldenEye's success, and trying to lure people into buying this one with false promises. Even film remakes don't do this so blatantly (or only in extremely rare circumstances), and it's really starting to get under my skin.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah it's gettin annoying

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree too Wreck this thing keeps on saying goldeneye returns but ya rite Rolling Eyes

Im still wonder what the minsons are going to be like.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't agree more, Wreck.

This makes me cringe:

"A new GoldenEye has arrived... so what are you going to do?... Multiplayer of course!"

They (Activision) really aren't doing themselves any favours by harping back to a classic piece of gaming history. Hell, they are even packaging a special edition gold controller for an extra cost (sound familiar, right?) They should have just released Bloodstone, and canned this atrocious GoldenEye remake.

After a couple of months of deciding, I have come to the conclusion that this game will not be a part of my gaming collection!

This is NOT GoldenEye!

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with everyone. This is just a pitiful reminder of how activision loves money.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no news, I knew it was going to be like this since the first trailer...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: