ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Anybody using the wiimote to play?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davjac84
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Anybody using the wiimote to play? Reply with quote Back to top

I just recently started to play Perfect Dark and Goldeneye on an emulator for the PC. I'm using Wii Classic Controller, in conjunction with GlovePIE and PPJoy, working like a charm.
I would like to test playing with the nunchuck and wiimote (with the IR), I tried a script i found on the net but didn't manage to get it going.
The script i tried (for GlovePIE) was this: http://www.freewebs.com/kunalkunal2/n64fpsir.htm

I coldn't figure it out why it wouldn't work, anybody on these boards playing those games with the wiimote who can help me out?

Tomorrow I and my friends gonna play these FANTASTIC games for the first time in years, it's gonna be a blast!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool man. Keep us posted on how that goes. Somewhere on the main site you can see where we had a GE on PC multi session and there were....cables everywhere. Kind of a funny photo if you can see it. I hooked up the pc to the TV for that one. Good luck with it.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Goldeneye Master.

I remember a pic you took on the Goldeneye Forever with all but one screen block and using a ton of cables to put it on other TV.

Yup the good old day of trying to find out how to play multi with out others trying to screen watch lol.

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pretty cool

i can tell you that you are going to have to set up Joystick look.
some know it by the "Turok" style.

Then you map the wiimote to work as the joystick.

If you want the nunchuck to work as analogue , not as c buttons or keyboard keys, then you have to choose the dual controller schemes in perfect dark and GE -

the bad thing is, no 4 player in this way , 2 players tops.

so in dual analogue - nunchuck has to be forward backpedal, strafe for one of the controllers.
Wiimote has to be Look -aim joystick in other controller.

davjac84
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What a let down, didn't play any goldeneye/perfect dark Sad My brother brought with him a wired xbox 360 controller, but forgot the adapter to be able to hook it up to the pc, so with only 3 classic controllers we couldn't play. Instead we played goldeneye 007 wii version all evening, the game is actually a bit fun in MP, but of course no where near the old game in quality (what I like most about it is being able to play with the wiimote, love it).
We'll give it another try next week, must play those games SOON! That mod, Goldeneye: X looks sick, gonna be a blast to try that out!

Quote:
pretty cool

i can tell you that you are going to have to set up Joystick look.
some know it by the "Turok" style.

Then you map the wiimote to work as the joystick.

If you want the nunchuck to work as analogue , not as c buttons or keyboard keys, then you have to choose the dual controller schemes in perfect dark and GE -

the bad thing is, no 4 player in this way , 2 players tops.

so in dual analogue - nunchuck has to be forward backpedal, strafe for one of the controllers.
Wiimote has to be Look -aim joystick in other controller.

I figured this much out, playing with one controller you use the 1.2 Solitare control method (the nunchuck will then work as digital, but I don't mind).
Then u make a virtual joystick/gamepad with PPjoy and with the help of glovePIE could write yourself a script.
But I'm not that good writing scripts, not that complicated ones anyway, if I really tried I guess I would manage but I would rather spend that time playing instead Razz
I can't really follow all the steps in the linked script i posted so I don't know if there's anything wrong with it or if it's just me Smile
I may e-post the guy who made it and ask him if he can help me out...

BTW, got another wondering: I found a mod that lets you play all the MP maps in 4 player in goldeneye (and with no bodyarmor, yay), but that mod also turns of the music in matches', I DON'T like that at all. Anyone know a solution to this?

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With respect, the solution is to find propellerheads album titled decksanddrumsandrockandroll. Sorry, I was the one removing the music heh.

davjac84
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me like me some goldeneye music while playing, I guess you don't Razz
Other than that, awsome mod dude, thx!

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since nobody else has said it and I'm already used to point out this kind of stuff... I think this thread pertains to the emulation forum instead of the PD one, since it has no direct relation to PD unless it's through the use of an emulator.
The emulation forum is where input methods for emulators should be discussed. And since PD and GE have almost identical controls, this should work with GE too, so having it on a PD forum is "improper" xD

Otherwise, thanks for the info, it's always good to have all kinds of input methods Wink

davjac84
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Since nobody else has said it and I'm already used to point out this kind of stuff... I think this thread pertains to the emulation forum instead of the PD one, since it has no direct relation to PD unless it's through the use of an emulator.
The emulation forum is where input methods for emulators should be discussed. And since PD and GE have almost identical controls, this should work with GE too, so having it on a PD forum is "improper" xD

Otherwise, thanks for the info, it's always good to have all kinds of input methods

Yeah, guess you are right about that, didn't even know there was such a forum, but now I do! Will post stuff like these there in the future.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're wellcome! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: