ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE Runway [FUTURE] improvements?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: GE Runway [FUTURE] improvements? Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it will see many changes -

So far:
VEhicle changes & character changes:
WRECK: "I'd like to have the Biker in the Runway, as I'd also prefer using the motorbike over the tank. The tank was great fun and all, but having another vehicle - the same type as Bond used in the film - would be better. If you're going to steal a bike from somebody, they're probably going to be a biker."

Weather:
I think Rain was mentioned - it would make sense to explain why the Bike moves a bit weird - rain plus snow makes icy floor.

Weapons:
I think there should be at least 3 "tear gas grenades" - (mod N -bombs)
we are at a chemicals facility anyway.
small box at conveyor belt contains them (hidden where conveyor belt ends, aluminum chute begins)

Exploding barrel grab? you know the exploding hover crate?
Bond grabs barrel and throws to enemies , shoots it to explode.

The Key objective
No - no randomness - but the key maybe for the motorbike?

Plane Boarding
How about Making a stunt-man jump for the plane using the motorbike?
plane takes off near the edges or edge of cliff there is a Ramp rock formation - cinema from far away shows plane flying away , motorbike falls no bond on

Plane take off time - there should be enough time for the destroy turret objective to be accomplished.

I remember there where some doors that can't be opened - any plans to make some inside spaces for those?

Last edited by oldyz on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is what I find fascinating...

People wonder if there will be architecture modifications, or if new rooms will be included behind fake doors, such as those in Runway and Silo. But, a small change to the chutes in Egyptian - done in an attempt to fix problems with people and Simulants falling through the floor and dying - is disliked? How can big modifications to mission stages, including both geometry and objectives, be discussed seriously, while a barely noticeable adjustment to Egypt is looked at with questioning eyes? It doesn't make any sense.

Anyways, I don't know where rain was ever brought up for Runway, but I don't think that would be used. If anything, it would be snow. But since Surface is immediately after Runway, the snow would better benefit that.

Would I like to include a new area behind the locked door? Absolutely. I already know what I want in it, but it may change the way the objectives (at least one) are accomplished. Some would like it, some would hate it. But I really don't care to go into it, at this time.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha

the area behind the door thing-
i have feelings that i have a clue of what it is.

ON the subject of "Negative changes" Vs "Positive changes"
(there has to be a better way to describe)
Negatives:
are when something has to be removed in comparison to the Original Game.
examples the removal of walls or areas, like maybe No island in dam, no tank and reductions in level sizes.
The reasons mostly for technical issues.

The egyptian walls is a perfect opportunity for me to practice with the editor if i get it running.

Positive changes -
anything added , new areas, objectives, enemies, gadgets , guns, Removing walls to make new areas Like the depot entrance solution for streets, or Trevor's surface paths.

Wreck, As long as long as anything you cook up is additions, you have full support and cheers from Oldyz and his 5 partners.

I will not miss the Tank in this level since it will now match the movie more.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For a GE:X Revamped maybe. But GE:X original will be authentic! Then we can have fun

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats What I thought.

I know your trying to help oldies but you realy are barking up the wrong project, at least the stage of the project.

It does however keep making me think again and now I wish I hadnt suggested some stuff again... Im sorry wreck...

Oh, this does get wierder and wierder... I always had a dream of something behind those doors...
The first, the brown blast door next to the turret... well, in my dream, ... Oh, I drew a picture in fact - aaagggeeeessss ago...

The next, the grey door next to tank, this was a... Multi-Story Car Park (for want of a better word) except with tanks jeeps, guards and moterbikes. The 'bendy ramp', as I imagend it as, went up to the top of Dam in the end.
There was also another road the went to the second gun station at end of runway.

These were my dreams and in no way am I currently suggesting their use.

Trev

P.S.
behind door one: http://fgfc.dyndns-free.com/runwaydronegun.bmp

Bonus image (made at same time)Smile http://fgfc.dyndns-free.com/musiclevel.bmp

Last edited by Trevor on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The image is close to what we imagined too, since about 2000

For multiplayer purposes and for the possible multiplayer map patch of the conker bad fur day fortresses , it would be nice to have control of those big drone guns-

I think the key to making a drone gun weapon will depend if we
ever have success in re-creating the tank.

I will not miss the tank in runway at all the bike is the better option.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can only say this, and I feel very strongly about it...

If we include the motorbike in the mission, and you don't have access to a tank, than it is incredibly important that a rocket launcher be available to the player. There is no way, and I mean zero chance, that you'd be able to destroy the heavy gun emplacements at the end of the runway without it. If you tried to get in close with a timed mine, you'd be killed instantly. With the temporary invulnerability that was available in GoldenEye gone, drone guns can be absolute hell to deal with. So, I would like to replace the timed mines or hand grenades with a rocket launcher, plus some additional shells. No rocket launcher = no success. Seems like a fair substitute.

My other idea was to have a control console that disabled the guns inside the new area behind the fake door halfway down the strip. That's really pushing it, though, and would be better suited in a follow-up release that has more drastic changes. You could either destroy them, or shut them down. Totally up to the player.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ha yes -

we like to kill those guns with grenades timed to explode at the exact moment.

but you are correct - PD drone guns are tougher -
the bike does add speed but i don't know how much speed will protect.

Don't replace the grenades + timed mines ,
there might be some insane macho men who might still will give them a shot

Just add the Rocket launcher somewhere,
(randomize it?)
or better yet, have one guard control it so you can kill him for it.
maybe the "rolling barrel "/ exploding chemicals crate with wheels- in a future version serves this very purpose, to indirectly defeat rocket launcher Guard
Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you mention to randomize something one more time, I'm going to slap you. The location of the helicopter black box, as well as Dr. Doak's whereabouts, are about as many random placement events as there are going to be (unless I've missed any).

Those "insane macho men" can try all they like with grenades and timed mines, but I would bet money on it that those guns would tear them to shreds before they had a chance to destroy them. Even if you managed to blow up one of them, you've got the other already blasting at you from the opposite side. I don't know if zipping around on the motorbike would be enough to keep you somewhat safe.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry - but please control the anger
about random events, jumps and swim -

I don't mind- most of you who have replied already made
very clear about dislikes and that this
Improvements and changes are not to be the Official thing.

I still think especial editions of the stages with random events will be beneficial to Cooperative play -

In that case there will probably be 3 versions of GE X stages

ONe as you guys envision -
One combining ideas here "extreme edition"- with no random
One extreme edition with random things meant for cooperative play.

If eventually no one wants to hack the levels this way i may do 1 or 2
and they don't even have to go to the vault if you feel they contaminate the other works-
well just put them up at Ñ's channel for challenging players.

Same thing for The Dizziness effects, if they never make it back,
i have the intention to restore them for the small minority that liked them. (then that would make 6 editions)

SO remember - random things for OLdy/coop/champion/extreme editions.

About that rocket launcher:

I hope its not easy to get.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I'm am going to try be not mean about this but.

Pls stop with the [FUTURE] improvements topic.

You are making way to much of them and some of the level are not even been started yet.

I mean some ideas are very good wile some are bad.

But Wreck is trying his best to port the game 100% into PD and make very fill in hansonments.

And i agree with Wreck about the random. Goldeneye has a nuff so its fine so pls stop with the random stuff ok.

And the other thing i find this strange to is that Wrecks make a very small change to a level and a lot of people don't even like it wile You give out big ideas to change the level a lot.

I mean let Wreck be and let him get this project done.

And if you do have idea just post in the suggest topic that Sonadow made.

I know I'm not a mod but i got tire of all these topics.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if I want to reply to this now after what has been said... but...

Wreck did you see my picture?
"My other idea was to have a control console that disabled the guns inside the new area behind the fake door halfway down the strip. That's really pushing it, though, and would be better suited in a follow-up release that has more drastic changes. You could either destroy them, or shut them down. Totally up to the player."

Either that was one coinsedance or mayber theres something about this we should be... worrieing about...
How could we have possibly all thought about 'roughly' the same thing?

On when I made the image;
Created: 29 March 2005, 23:52:35
Modified: 08 March 2006, 11:32:02

Trev

P.S. Oh dam it, Ive replied now anyway...
"And if you do have idea just post in the suggest topic that Sonadow made"
Err, No, I must dissagree.
As you may (or may not be) awayre these topics do actualy get quite involved so having them all in someone elses thread (of which is for GEX anyway) is not a good idea. Where would a suggestion for GEX end and a suggestion for GE2(Using GEX) Start?
Maybe if these were combined into their own single thread it would clear up the GEX forum list.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Anyways, I don't know where rain was ever brought up for Runway, but I don't think that would be used. If anything, it would be snow. But since Surface is immediately after Runway, the snow would better benefit that.

Actually, I disagree. Compare the skies: Runway has a darker, stormy looking sky, especially when you compare it to Dam. Surface has a brighter sunrise/set sky. I think snow works for Runway, but it doesn't for Surface. (Surface 2 is a different story, and should definitely have snow.)

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could it be possible to activate conveyer belt with a button to make it bring you those grenades? Make it moving.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I always hoped that there would be more things to crush with the tank here.

Maybe just some empty barrels or something, maybe crash through a wooden fence or window.

The tank should be guarded more heavily, maybe get a "tank key" before making it possible to operate it.

Or is the tank out for sure already?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The more I think about it, having snow in Runway would probably add a really nice touch to the map. Perhaps the snow would better benefit Surface ii, and may not be in Surface i. We'll have to see when we get to that point, but I do want to test it out in Runway sometime soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: