ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Bunker ii - February 14th, 2011
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: [Map] Bunker ii - February 14th, 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Two more shots of the level in action.

Some Sims trying to defend their Flag from being taken...

The additional weapons, which are Body Armour by default...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Here's a little sneak-peek at the Bunker ii in VR...

Pretty much all of the clipping has been completed, and the Sims perform quite well. I only noticed one particular area where they had trouble, so I'll be concentrating on fixing that up. All of the doors have been brought in, but I'm not sure what will happen with the television ceiling racks in the main viewing room. They may be missing for awhile, or at least until we figure out how / if they work in PD. I'll add more pics as I take them.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:09 am; edited 2 times in total

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dang it there goes my last clean underwear.Looks good Wreck.1 question: where those shadows there before?

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, the lighting is a bit odd, Im refering to the shadows too.
I know its a straight port from GE... Embarassed

The lights are actualy in the hall (Though switched off? I always found this odd, for a guard to be guarding in the dark...) Yet the 'source' comes from the upper-far-left (facing the cells) of each cell?

I wouldnt think thered be anything in the cell in case of escape/suicide attempts (Though looking at the state of the cell and the bullet holes in the wall I guess there not to bothered about what you get up to in there...)

I say a decision needs to be made on it, its got a good atmosphere being dingy however as I say, it needs to be fixed somehow one way or the other.

On the case of the shadow, the top of the bars would be heavy shaded too since the light is being blocked by the ceiling/Wall/overhang...sill... Oh well whatever its called. Again, decide on a direction. The other alternative would be to extend the shadow accross the floor to the wall (either) if pollies are a problem.

Trev

P.S. An Idea just occured to me, or at least to ask it, Are 'moving' shadows possible in PD?
I.E. The cell doors cast a bared shadow on the floor, as it slides open can the shadow slide too? (Im guessing this would be easyer to mimic if its not possible by default than a swing door)

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! Fantastic work wreck this looks great, im realy looking forward to release 3 Very Happy
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now thats looks like a perfect port from Goldeneye.

Good job Wreck can't wait to see more pics of it. Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I imagine there are some subtle, and also some more noticeable, RGB issues in this current port (as there are in other maps). Handling the RGB in the background is different (as it is with other model types, too) in Perfect Dark, and it isn't being ported perfectly at this time. With it being this way, it can grab the wrong colours (as well as opacity) and apply them at the incorrect places. We just need to devise a better scheme in order to fix this.

Originally, there were overhead lights in the cells. I think they were just the sprite type images, and were later removed. The same RGB values remain, which light up the holding cells.

The only moving shadows are those that follow characters around at their feet. You could probably place two cell doors horizontally on the floor, which would appear like shadows, and link them to their proper "parent". When you open a cell, the floor version also moves. I don't know if you can turn off collisions of door objects, though. The bars are also angled, so the default door wouldn't match those shadows.

I really don't think anything needs to be done to the lighting and shadows of the cell area. Other than there being no apparent light source inside the cells, it looks just fine.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've made some more progress on the VR setup. The original five respawn points have been extended to twelve, one of the two additional weapon sets (from armours) is in place, and three Flag Bases are now setup. It shouldn't take much longer to finish this up. I'll be moving onto characters and weapons after this - as well as Cradle - are in acceptable form.

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is wonderful, stuff Wreck!
May I ask you have you defined which places will be the hills to hold yet? Let's say the outside area could be one hell of a zone to defend. Smile

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANK YOU so much for this work wreck

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't determined where the Hills will be for Bunker ii, but I should get around to that today. I imagine there will be five or six, since it is a larger map. The outside helipad area may be a good one. It's a very large section, with a single entrance. Not sure if that'd make defending it easier, since you can just take aim at the doorway and blast anything that tries to enter. Still, it'd make use of the exterior, as nothing else is back there. If I get more accomplished, I'll post a pic or two.

Glad you guys are getting excited for it. Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I setup the final Flag Base, and also plotted six Hills throughout the level. There are still some adjustments that need to be made to the doors, as well as one part of the AI Path Network that seems to confuse the Sims, but - other than that - it's pretty much finished. Hopefully I can work out the remaining kinks and have this ready for the third release.

Check the first post for two new images. Wink

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ohh nice(y) keep it up

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic work wreck i love that flag picture, realy looking forward to trying this one out Very Happy
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got some awesome news for everybody regarding Bunker ii...

The issues I had noticed with Simulants getting confused in two different areas (yes, it turns out that it was two, not just one), have been fixed. I took quite a few different approaches at this, mainly concentrating on the pads and the path network itself. After numerous failures, I turned my attention elsewhere; to the clipping. It turns out that certain wall tiles, which were directly below / in between the walking area, were messing them up. As soon as they crossed over the tiles, it's as if they stepped in stupid. With the tiles adjusted, the Simulants have no more problems. Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if it's possible, but if you have pictures of before/after I think it'll help everyone in their clipping messes. That's great news!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: