ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How to flash or upgrade a Gameshark version?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: How to flash or upgrade a Gameshark version? Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard about this, don't know what software or what to do exactly. Seems easy in theory. I have 2 sharks that I would at least like to try and bring back to life. Figure it's worth a shot.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I really have to try this, myself.
One of the two Sharks I got on eBay are already messed up.
I have atleast two other cheat devices that could use some CPR.

All I know is that you need Windows 98, since the upgrading tools are not compatible with XP. You put two Sharks together with a game on top, then flash the ROM to it. When all's said and done, you'll wind up with either two working cheating devices, the same thing you started with, or two duds. It's another one of those "try it at your own risk" deals.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
You put two Sharks together with a game on top, then flash the ROM to it.

What do you mean by flash the ROM?

I have now four GSes. Today, I've got a new Gameshark but its version is a 3.20. What I must do?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some people have said that if you stack two GameShark's on top of each other, than upload (flash) the GS ROM to the working cheating device, it should correct the non-working one. However, it isn't highly recommended by anyone. I've never tried it, but mainly because the tool for upgrading is used on the Windows 98 operating system. I think there was an old tutorial on GSCentral.com, which may now be on GSCentral.org. It may be worth a check, if you have Windows 98 on a computer you can access.

I believe GE Master has a zip file for the utilites on GoldenEye Forever, under the GameShark Codes section. Try looking there for the NTSC GameShark 3.3 official tools.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But can I do without a computer? Maybe I could stand a chance with my GS 3.2 on the bottom and the 3.3 on the top, or vice versa because my GSes 3.3 dosen't start (likely deffective).

Also can you give a link to the tutorial please.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'll need a computer in order to flash your cheating device. You can put two GameShark's together and play a game, but it's only running through the good one on the bottom. This doesn't effect the one on top, so it doesn't fix it. Which is a shame, because it'd be very easy.

I'm not sure where the tutorial is. It looks as though it's no longer available. I'm not even sure if that was where it used to be, or if someone had posted it on the old message boards. There are a few helpful documents up for grabs, which you can find here...

http://www.gscentral.org/tools.php

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And about the upgrade, what software I should have? Is it possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: