ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

A theory of a technologically daft individual.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: A theory of a technologically daft individual. Reply with quote Back to top

So basically I'm thinking of letting the n64 have a rest after at least 13 years of use, in favour of an emulator. Online play, region-specific mods and such. However, I'm not entirely sure on how to get this on my TV.

I want to know if this idea will actually work, because it seem like it should.

Laptop. N64 USB controller plug. Cable for TV left/right/audio input cable to display laptop screen on TV.

Yes? And if yes, what kind of cable would this be? I have an average Toshiba laptop with the right specs to play the emulators fine, and this would get rid of the whole 'Ryani has to use EU compatible mods.'

radorn

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

first of all. if you intend to stop using your n64, this section of the forum is not for you. this is not for emulators (unless for emulators that run ON the n64) but for actual console hardware.

anyway what you want to do is doable, given that you have a way to connect your pc to your tv, which depends on what kind of tv you have and the outputs your laptop has (there are many possible combinations nowadays).

not sure what you are talking about "eu compatible mods" either.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I realised that after I posted it. Sorry.

And you're american, aren't you? Or at least have a N64 that is compatible with Gameshark. Down here, down under, everything is incompatible. There are no Action Replay codes floating around anymore, and all these mods use American roms, or gamesharks. It's quite frustrating.

However, if I figure out this method, I can use American roms, meaning I can use american codes, and americans mods, etc.

And regardless, the Equalisers don't have a PC plugin like AR Pro and Gamesharks do.

So I guess I'm off to find out what TV I have.

EDIT: Hope that doesn't sound too bitter. It's been a long time since GS codes became mostly redundant anyway xD

radorn

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL I've never been to that side of the atlantic ocean, my friend.
I guess you haven't noticed what's there in my user info just under my avatar picture.

anyway, while this doesn't help you much, action replays and gamesharks are actually pretty much the same crap with just a different logo and video mode. You can load a GS on a PAL console and an AR on an NTSC console as long as the game is from the same region as the console.
codes are not "for gameshark or for action replay", they actually are for an specific rom. That's the actual difference.
You can use an action replay with an NTSC game and console as long as you use NTSC codes. PAL console and PAL game + gameshark works too.
heck, you can even use PAL console, gameshark or action replay and NTSC console as long as you manage to put a PAL CIC on the cart connector's CIC line.
if you get a flashcart, you can play NTSC ROMs on your PAL console as long as you supply a PAL CIC chip for booting (lockout chip). some roms have extra region protection, but they can be patched most of the time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: