ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Weather Element Testing...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There will only be a handful of mission levels were the weather effects (snow and rain) will be present. They just don't fit many of them, and we wouldn't want to overdo it. Runway and Surface (as well as the exterior and ventilation shaft of Bunker) will feature snow, and rain seems to add a nice touch to Jungle.

I personally don't have the proper recording software or editing program to make a video demonstrating the effects, but we will have something put together up on our YouTube channel one of these days. There will be a post added here when that happens.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

sumbodyshero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much for sharing this. This is a great addition to any game and I can't wait to see it in GE.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Old thread, but this is the best place to add this...

That's a new custom sky for Bunker i. For some reason, the level didn't have its own sky block in GoldenEye. It ended up using the default single player blue sky, as did Silo. I've done pretty much the same as what Rare did for Bunker ii (basing it on the partnering Surface), and the results are far more pleasant to look at. And yes, it is snowing outside.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I personally don't have the proper recording software or editing program to make a video demonstrating the effects, but we will have something put together up on our YouTube channel one of these days. There will be a post added here when that happens.

Olllllo here -
cross your fingers that i may have great success -
this project might not mean as much to me and Oldyz as it used to, but i can't think of a better way to show our appreciation for it than making high quality 3d videos featuring it's levels and such.

In a related note concerning the Skyrim/goldeneye thing - about a few months ago Oldyz described to me that he wanted to make videos machinimas -, Using GoldeneyeX , where levels that are "connected" (like dam, facility and runway) would be played and "runned" as if they are a giant seamless level - it would take, of course, video editing magic and level editing magic - have to run for now - i will write more later --

Later, at the hall of justice

Back again folks, well , as i was writing -
Once those 3 levels - Dam , Facility, and runway are completed - or hell, even nearly completed -
using rom editing - texture editing, video editing, video effects -
we can push beyond the n64's limitations and show the gaming community what a level could have been if it did not have such boundaries back then (and now) -

think of it this way - if i want to show the world what Goldeneye would be like in cell shaded mode - the best and fastest way to do so is for me to hire 10 to 15 rotoscope artists to render every frame to my particular style -

Same thing with simulating what it would look like to play Goldeneye with updated graphics and in 3D - i take gameplay footage and 3d data using open GL -
and a talented team of 3d animators can render the whole thing with rich textures , facial expressions, light effects - etc, etc.

this 2 things have to have this vital ingredient as the foundation.
The GEX ROM , carefully orchestrated gamesave data, map modellers and rom editors.

from what Oldyz and i worked with a while ago , we found that a save state (the foundation for the Mupen real-time movie format) usually works fine in an edited rom and the original Rom it was saved with -

so in the case of streets - depot - train -
the end of streets would end up with Bond entering Depot by crashing trough the gate with the tank (game-play footage actually doing this) and using editing and state save data, continues seamlessly through the Depot level (during gameplay bond checks his watch for objectives) -
technical difficulties? like the sky not looking right ?
we make a greenscreen sky and add one with video editing effects -
same thing with a weather effect, in real time it is cloudy and rainy while Bond drives the tank for a portion of the stage - the sky clears up and puddles remain for the other portion.
In the video it will seem seamless, in reality its 4 or 5 ROM patches.

this video would be used to showcase GEX - its potential - and eventually the data made to use it would serve to simulate it with better visual elements later on.
Again to show what could be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: