ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

MAME question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: MAME question Reply with quote Back to top

In case yous don't know, I think MAME stands for multiple arcade machine emulator, yes, this is a great emulator that lets you play all those arcade games from the 80's and upwards. So yea my new pc will be quad-core 4gb ram modern day raedon gfx card and all that...what I want to know is, will my pc be able to handle the racing games, ones such as daytona usa, and scud racer? I've heard people have had to overclock their cpu big time to get this game to run smooth. What do yous think?

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know, but what CPU's did the other guys have?

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well if you think about those massive arcade machines that are there for the steering wheel, drivers seat and so on, it must be one hell of a powerful machine, I'm talking about racing games from the 90's, I'd think I MIGHT be fine playing this on my new pc with quad-core, just thought I would ask you guys because maybe some of yous have experience with other emulators, how they work and how much they require to run some of the more demanding games. I think I remember someone saying that he had a dual core and had to overclock them, I should be fine, dunno really though lol

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Modern PC's now a-days can handle anything on en emulator.

Of course Wink

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope PC multiplayer gaming is also much better than xbox live/PSN crap.
Was just playing gran turismo 5 on PSN, my ping is rated B on that pingtest website, and what do I get on GT5, cars warping about EVERYWHERE, and in that game thats the only thing my bandwidth was being used for. My driving is fine, its just the other cars really. I also have a strict NAT which may be the problem to this.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there are 2 types of lag, FPS and Internet.

the GT5 one is Internet (obviously)
For PC games you'd probably have internet but maybe not FPS (if you have a nice GFX card)

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster wrote:
Well, there are 2 types of lag, FPS and Internet.

the GT5 one is Internet (obviously)
For PC games you'd probably have internet but maybe not FPS (if you have a nice GFX card)

You will only get internet lag on games if you play multiplayer, or are connected to another peer.

As you mentioned, the graphics card. Graphics card lag will be very noticible, even if you have a bad graphics card, because all I can say is: Enjoy your slide show. Theres quite a difference between the 2. Internet lag mostly skips.. It can get very annoying especially if your trying to play a game with your friend.

Consoles use graphic chips that would be able to handle the games at a very High FPS. (For example, the Xbox 360 uses ATi Radeon Graphics) But for computers it's different, you would have to watch what you buy, or else you will be stuck with a graphics card/chip that wont be able to run pretty much anything.

So theres a large difference between these things. PC games use FPS [Graphics cards] [Multiplayer: Internet and Graphics cards]. Consoles use FPS [In a different way][Graphics chips] [Multiplayer: Internet and Graphic chips.] You will always get difference performance and visual quality, just because of the video card.

I think I covered most of that.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any decent video card can blow consoles out of the water, though. Most console games are limited to around 30 fps, which hasn't been considered an acceptable framerate for a PC game in years.

Also, don't confuse lag and framerate. Lag really only refers to your latency in games online, and has nothing to do with your framerate.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your right Dragon about the console FPS, I try to play f1 2010 and it lags so badly, more irritating than unplayable, and I've heard the people who play this on PC runs 60fps + and has many many bugs, like it does on the consoles.

I'd say the game performs the worst on Monaco Practice/Qualifying, whenever you go round the last corners you are facing the pits and also many AI cars. It's the same whenever you are configuring stuff in your pit lane Wink.

It would be a great game on PS3/XBOX360 if they sorted out the sloppy frames per second and dealt with the many bugs it has.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Any decent video card can blow consoles out of the water.
Pretty much summed up what I was trying to say shorter.

Exactly my point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: