ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Advanced Tactics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D.J Cat
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Advanced Tactics Reply with quote Back to top

As far as multiplayer Goldeneye goes what do you consider advanced tactics?

All I can think of is the diagonal run thing that speeds you up about 50%.
I guess you could say shooting people on the run without using R to aim is there, but its something that you should definatly be doing.

I have played Super Samsh Bros Melee and thought playing the way I did would be alright for me, but when I versed some good opponents I found it was no where near enough to do the job.

I wonder if this would be the same in this game, I get the feeling I would still lose to some of you guys, but there is no hidden things to learn, its just the basics really advanced (accuracy and dodging) that its all about.

Possibly knowing the starting locations is another one.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have version 1.2 of goldeneye(The Better Graphics One) that I bought offline. It lags for runs on Player 2 so I have 50% run speed to find him most of the time he is hding in a coner waiting for me,

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

whoa... wait.

theres a 1.2?

as far as tactics go... playing without auto aim is one

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised? Thats because there is no such thing as a version 1.2 of Goldeneye, in fact there was no 1.1. There was just a 1.1 for Perfect Dark. Gotta be careful what you say techno, you wouldn't want people to believe anything that isnt true Wink.

No auto aim is definetly a good tactic for making the game harder. Hmmm, another one is using stealth and melee (melee is hitting with your sniper rifle or slapping). I cant think of any others right now tho.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, as far as I've ever heard from anyone who's investigated deep into the many twists and turns that GoldenEye has see throughout the past nine years it has been available to the public, and the time spent designing the game, there's only one finalized copy. Rare didn't release or create any other versions afterwards. Unless this is a modified ROM that features higher resolution textures you're talking about. Selling them online is illegal and punishable by law. Who ever this person is that sold it to you, could be in serious trouble if the right people were to find out. That's only if he did just fiddle with the game and replace graphic stuff. Well, it doesn't matter. I'd be interested in checking out this ROM sometime to see the improvements. I'm always intrigued by anything to do with GoldenEye in general. Smile

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

technoPP7 wrote:
I have version 1.2 of goldeneye(The Better Graphics One) that I bought offline. It lags for runs on Player 2 so I have 50% run speed to find him most of the time he is hding in a coner waiting for me,

actully it is a ****** version of goldeneye that we made, we ****** around with the the goldeneye chip and made it 1.2 with horrbile graphics and lagging problems..Bad idea...now we have to geta new goldeneye cart.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What the heck did you guys do to mess up the game? Were you actually fooling around with the circuit board? That's no good. Now you'll have to go and grab another one. Hopefully you're able to locate a used copy from a local video game store or pawn shop. I'm guessing they'd run for under ten bucks. Get hunting! Smile

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a pawn shop reight down the street..spitti is buying one right know.>>HERE HE IS!!

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What exactly did you mess with? Im guessing you did some circuiting to the CIC chip CIC-NUS-6102, or did you directly modify the ROM chip NUS-NGEE-0 at graphic output points?

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah....it is really hard to log on now, it's taking for ever join

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well... maybe someone knows how to properly use the de/compressor? but anyways, techno, tell us your secret!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I messed with The CIC chip and the other stuff that KCGhost said.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So you guys probably did something to burnout out the graphic procession relay chip. I once read about a guy on GSCentral.com who was toying with his copy of Perfect Dark, thinking he could get it to run off of the normal jumper pak alone. All he ended up doing was cause the game to crash after the certification page. Did you touch the LRP-T connections? You have to becareful when attempting to modify electronics. It takes a lot of precision and knowledge. Wink

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we didn't mess with the LTP stuff, we just burned out a graphics chip I had to take apart my (Stardard) N64 , jst to play it, I took out the Jumper Pak, and re-placed it with the Expanison Pak, and it almost went on fire! Then you know that little battery that comes with the N64? We tried that. it worked!
The goldeneye chip started to smoke and caught fire! WE threw it in the sink when it went on fire,so we have our 2 new goldeneyes for us to mess around with,

There is A Version 1.1

Version 1.0

Goldeneye 007 (Console)

Version 1.1

Goldeneye 007 (Emulation)

Version 1.2

The Flamble Goldeneye game (Console)

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The game is hot isn't it.

Advanced tactics sounds something like sneaky multiplayer tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: