ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Jungle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: [Map] Jungle Reply with quote Back to top

Jungle for GoldenEye: X

There is a lot still to do but here we have Jungle with all the trees and bushes ect.
The ladder for the guard tower is featured with permission from Zoinkity, i used his mod from goldeneye and converted it over, the reasson i havnt posted a picture of it yet is because it has a couple of visual problems, wreck is currently having a look at this for me, lets hope he can fix it.
The BG file is about 98% complete with just a few extra visibility entrys and the guard tower to fix.
The Clipping is still being worked on.
The pictures above are from mission mode, when i creat a VR there will be a few less trees and bushes.

Hope you Like!
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Last edited by 00action on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking great, 00action! Smile
I'll have to download the files you uploaded for me and see what might be going on with that one room. I have some ideas, but I won't know for sure until I give it a good look.

Edit: Pretty sure I figured out the problem. I've sent you a PM with some instructions on how to avoid this kind of thing from possibly happening again in the future, so hopefully that helps. Also tested out the method myself and everything seems to be displaying correctly again.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what goes on with this map, especially in VR! (which, if it turns out really well, I may even end up generating an optimized BG file for) Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nice job. My hopes keeps getting better and better for this game(they were already sky high Smile )

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the new images of the jungle, I love to play the mission mode at this level.
00Action on the level in VR mode, I think it would be good to remove trees and shrubs, as this level without them would be turned into a very open, in fact I like to hide behind the trees.
my personal opinion on VR levels, is that the more objects, stairs, hidden rooms and passageways for the level will have more gameplay.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The more objects you have inside the map, the slower the framerate is going to be. There will need to be a good number of plants and trees removed in order for a VR level to play decently. I'd say close to half of the total amount would need deletion. It'll still fill out the area and give cover for players, while not bogging down the performance. I'm sure it'll go through a few stages before deciding on the right balance. I really hope it turns out well, as it has a great deal of possibility.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx for the comments guys.

Wreck sent me a pm with some info on how to fix the visual problems i was having with the new guard tower and im happy to say its now fixed, i will post a picture of it at some point.

SATURN_81: I realy don't want to take any trees or bushes out but as wreck said we gona have to find a balance or we will end up with a realy laggy VR setup for jungle.

Level Progress: Clipping at 50%

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright. Very nice Wink

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Theres some bad news for VR setup, wreck did some testing for me to see how it would run in VR and it wasnt good, it runs to slow even with all the trees taken out so im affraid its not going to be finished, i will still continue with the clipping and Mission Setup tho. Sad

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, even after removing the caves section of the stage, and editing out the crashed plane entirely, the level just doesn't hold up very well with 3 and 4-Players. Like 00action said, that's with no trees in the setup, just the shrubs and other plants. And the sky data was set to match that of the original, which is heavily foggy, but it made no difference. So, unfortunately, a VR version of this stage just isn't going to happen.

However, let's not forget that you will be able to play it in both Co-op and Counter-op modes, where the framerate does hold up better.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh that is very unlucky....

what would be needed to make these levels run?

a nintendo 64 with 2 times the cpu speed and a 2 times bigger expansion pack (i remember they sold those , it think pelican or something claimed such thing)

The emulators can probably have such trick , but do the roms have to be reprogrammed to work with a faster n64?

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently if you overclock GoldenEye then it runs EVERYTHING faster by however much its overclocked... Sad
I don't know about PD?

Ive always thought about a 16Mb pak but its fictional... (or just requires the whole game(s) to be reprogrammed to use it (just like only some games support the extra 4 provided by the expansion pak))

If anyone went down the route of changing hardware then the first thing Id suggest changing is the 4KB limit of texture cache.

Trev

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ive done loads of Jungle clipping today its at about 85-90% done.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very good to hear. Smile
I think the only object missing from the Jungle mission setup is the tan ammo crate? It's on my newest list of props to port. If anything else is missing, just let me know.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats great, il let you know. I would like some of your updated lists like Character heads and bodies, weapon ids, object list and the jungle texture.txt if possible only because im not sure what you have changed since GE:X v3 rom.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think most of it remains the same, but I'll try to get everything to you in a PM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: