ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Third Official Patch Released! @ 02-26-11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need to have your input be an unflipped 1.1 PD ROM US

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The perfect dark rom I had, I had to unrar it so I was left with the .z64 file, so it works now.
**EDIT**. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but when I try to record with fraps, as soon as the game starts, it freezes and the windows error pops up and I'm forced to close it via task manager or otherwise. I'd just really like to lash out some videos on youtube Razz.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying the mod. I'll try to respond to some of the questions and concerns posted earlier on.

VR crashing when attempting to start level...
This happens to me even on an unmodified Perfect Dark ROM. I really don't know what causes it to happen, but it can become quite annoying. I do the same as 00action suggested. Once you've got your settings all finished up, save a copy to your controller pak. If the game ends up crashing on you, just restart the ROM, select your recent save, and it should work.

Weapon ID slots...
Most of the stats can be set within the weapon block itself, but there are a few things that are setup outside of them, which haven't been located. Things like damage, penetration, sound, rate of fire, and loudness to guards, are all adjustable at this time. I tried to fix up as many of them as I could before the release, but I imagine it's possible that certain weapons may have something slightly off at this time.

Facility and Archives locked doors...
Hehe, you're using GS codes for GoldenEye: X? I had actually removed the entire back section of the Archives from the background file to reduce the amount of time it takes to load the level in VR. It took about eight or more seconds with the full stage, but is closer to five with just the playing area. Facility loads up quickly enough as it is, so nothing was taken out from that level.

Area 51 based missions crashing on load...
Yes, none of these stages are playable in patch 3a. The background and clipping were both replaced with much smaller files, since the originals were very large and I needed some extra space in the ROM at one point. Infiltration, Rescue, Escape and Maian SOS will not load.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the way you decreased the damage, if you did that is, or its just me xD, makes the game seem a lot more competitive and fun, thats a thing I disliked on perfect dark, pretty overpowered weapons in combat simulator.
Wreck, im willing to contribute to this goldeneye x project to help. Is there anything you could set me to help you on?

Zodiac
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Spyster, 00Action, and Wreck. I have tried this and there seemed to be a bit of progress. Now, I see the word combat at the bottom left corner of the screen but the rest it just a bluish colour. I can see the outline of an object in the distant flicker too. I've tried a dozen times now but I'll try a few more. Thanks again for all of the help.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When the product certification page appears as the game first starts up, does it say "N64 Expansion Pak Found" or "Not Found"? If it isn't being found, than you're playing in Lo-Res mode. It should say "OHMSS Directory - Inactive" on the main menu header if this is so. You also won't be able to select any missions, either.

Our most recent tests with Lo-Resolution mode haven't gone so well. The levels will not load properly on emulators. Sometimes the game just crashes while attempting to start the level, and other times you start out in an empty void - which ends up freezing shortly after. The same thing goes for Perfect Dark itself, not just GE:X.

But if you are in Hi-Res mode, than something else is going on.

Zodiac
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck, what you said has worked for me. I have been playing for the last two hours or so and it has been a blast. I've really enjoyed it and I'm sure everyone else is. Thanks for the help so much, I'm glad to have it working. I have a question, there is a strip on the bottom of the screen that appears when I start the match that is a repeat of what was there when you start the level. When I enter full screen mode it turns black and stays that way. When I end the match it goes away. So it only appears when the match is going and I can't get rid of it. It's not a big deal and I can live with it but I was just wondering if there was a simple solution or if anyone knew why. Thanks. This really is awesome, though. I'm really excited about the solo missions coming out in the future.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very glad to hear that you're able to play the mod, now. There's so many little things that need to be just right in order for this (and other GE / PD mods) to be played, that some people just give up. Good to see that you weren't one of those people. Smile

As for the strip at the bottom of the screen, I also get that. I think most people do, actually. It could be something to do with the graphics plugin, or even the settings it uses. I haven't tried tweaking them, so I don't know if this can be fixed or not. I've learned to ignore it, and crop it out of my screenshots when grabbing new images.

Zodiac
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, it is definitely worth the work to get it running. I've been enjoying it a lot. Oh ok, that's alright. I figured it was something like that. How did the GoldeneyeX idea get started?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, that's probably another story for another thread.
If I can dig up some of the old screenshots, you may just get to read it. Wink

Zodiac
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, I'll be looking for it if it comes out:) I'm interested, it's really is the greatest Goldeneye/Perfect Dark project to date.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks very much Wreck for this mod, been great fun, played spy already on mupen Cool

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nice the patch is very good subdrag

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
below these are my settings:
*Advanced tab:

style of CPU core - Recompiled
method of working code - check cache
RAM size - 4MB
advanced blocks bound - if (yes)

* Configuration of the rom:
style of CPU core - Default
method of working code - none
memory size - 8MB
advanced blocks bound - no
tipo de bateria - 16kbit Eeprom
counter factor - 2

the following boxes are marked:

largest compilation buffer
Register cache
TLB use.

I was having the same problem with Combat Simulator not loading - would play music but would not load deathmatch. I tried the above settings and it now works perfectly!! Thanks!

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nyx, you mean that my configuration has been used to fix problems of emulation? If this is so, I am pleased to have helped. anyway I made with this setup Project64 1.6, and not as might work with other plugins and emulators. I have about an emulation oponion I'd rather stable emulation emulation based on graphic improvements.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: