ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Third Official Patch Released! @ 02-26-11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Titor2036
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some more gameplay videos I recorded.

Giants vs Midgets match(all bots set to Elite, obvious which team won this one hehe)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zu2WUggvLg

Team Janus vs James Bond & Natalya Simonova
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RscdW0zvik

007 & 006 vs The Scientist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3HHdismkNg

Enjoy =)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clever videos! Enjoyed thanks

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just some updates...

Weapon mirroring:
00action identified the flag that makes your left-handed weapon mirror. By disabling it, the weapons better match their GoldenEye originals. Only hand-held pistols remain mirrored, as they also are in GE.

Grenade & Mines:
My previous attempts at hiding the first-person models for these weapons didn't work out too well, which is why they remained. But it still seemed a bit strange seeing the PD version on-screen, yet the GE equivalent being tossed. I decided to try it another way and figured it out. This also better replicates how they appeared in GoldenEye.

Swinging Doors:
Simulants don't react very well to swinging doors in Combat Simulator (Virtual Reality), which is probably why Rare only had them in one of the CS levels. I had noticed in both videos users put on YouTube, as well as in my own matches, that Sims would often get stuck on certain doors in both Facility and Archives. I've since tried to adjust them, and some of the path network, to deal with the problem. The Archives seems to be much better, but it is still possible for Sims to get stuck (especially if two are on opposite sides of a door that is trying to open). The outer Facility bathroom door now opens up on the opposite side (just like Rare decided to do with Felicity - no doubt to avoid them same problem GE:X was faced with), so that helps reduce the risk of Sims getting trapped on the balcony. There is still one area where they have a good chance of jogging into an open door, but the odds in both levels are now much slimmer.

More Characters:
I've been porting more bodies and heads since the last release, and there's not many left to go. Believe it or not, there's just eight bodies remaining. Of those, many are female, and only available in multiplayer.

Extra Level:
The only GoldenEye original left is Caverns. It's currently in the works, and Sims perform fairly well. There's only a few places where they have a bit of trouble, but we hope to get that sorted out. We'll need to adjust the path network a little, and also sort out the weapons and armours, but it's coming along.

GE:X Videos:
I really enjoy watching these when I have the time, so please keep recording your matches and uploading them to YouTube! Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is true that the sims have problems with some doors, I do not know if what I will tell you this may influence the problem. I have seen (perhaps many of you too) that some doors only open in one direction, ie a sim is stuck in a room if you try to leave it, I think it's because every time the door is open This door is open to inside the room.
a good way to know what I mean is to play the file level in goldeneye and you will see that most of the gates at this level can be opened in both directions, inward and outward.
and certainly less important, I would like to know what could be drawn form the Maze level, I loved it and I do not know what we can expect surprises in the future. its creator is thinking about some project called "TWINE - X"?.
that good progress has your work, so please continue.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Facility doors originally did swing away from the person opening it, but the Archives doors did not. I've since changed them to open away, which does seem to help quite a bit. The door leading into Bond's interrogation room has also been turned around, so it opens toward the far wall instead. This should prevent Sims from getting stuck on it, after they've run into the room to collect some ammunition. I didn't notice any of the Simulants getting trapped up against a door during my most recent test matches, so the chances of it occurring are less likely. It may still happen if two Sims are on the opposite sides of the same door, but there isn't much I can do about that.

The Labyrinth map from TWINE was ported to GoldenEye by Zoinkity. He's the only one who is currently capable of porting levels from that game. I'm not sure if we can expect to see any more, but it's possible.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck anyway, I'm wrong with the file level, it is a single door which has an opening wrong, that door is located in front of the interrogation room, the other doors in this level as open exactaente in Goldeneye. on the other hand perhaps it is beneficial to players sims and the doors can be opened in both directions. and thanks for removing my double post.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some new updates...

Characters: the entire roster has been ported. Every character that was available in the original, as well as the three leftover civilians, and the additional Bond tuxedos, are available in Virtual Reality mode. I still need to work on the neck section of the Bond (Arctic) model, as the hood is split into multiple parts on the body. Otherwise, the rest should be good.

Automatic Shotgun: I've started on this, but it's been giving me weird microcode errors. It's like I'm exceeding the file size or something. I can get the base weapon (not including the ammunition holder and shells) displaying fine, but once you start adding more stuff in, it gets messed up. I'll keep playing with it, though I'm not sure what's causing the crashing.

Library: the AI Path Network has been constructed and fine-tuned. I just need to combine it with the setup file to do final testing.

koiiii
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello. I´m new here!
I really liked how this is going on!
I must really say this is one really good mod. Great work!
Now i have a question:
Is it normal that in Goldeneye X are strange textures in Singleplayer levels or in the Carrington Institute? Sorry, when this question is allready answered, but i´m new here!
Also i hope for more porting levels from TWINE! Just think about Istanbul or the Skyrail level! Smile

thanks so much for your help!

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to continue seeing more TWINE levels, the problem is that have nothing to do with goldeneye, even so the level is fantastic maze of TWINE. in my opinion I think it demonstrates that other levels that do not belong to goldeneye can operate in "Goldeneye X", I mean I hope that when you complete this Goldeneye X can make a new project.
I have a general question for "shootersforever" because it serves in this forum only goldeneye and perfect dark? I do not think they are the only shooters that N64 has, I always come this curiosity about the forum

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any remaining PD maps will, no doubt, feature some incorrect textures. This is because we need to replace images from Perfect Dark with those from GoldenEye. In the end, everything will be GE, so these kinds of issues won't pop up later on.

I'm certainly open to maps from other games, so long as they play well and feel suitable. It's quite a tedious task for Zoinkity to port levels from TWINE to GE, so I'm not sure if - or when - we'll see another one.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just some more info...

After discussing it with SubDrag, I did decide to include the Basement and Stack versions of Library. Basement is nearly complete, with only the Flag Bases left to go. Stack will be next, and shouldn't take too long. It might be tricky trying to incorporate drops for the Sims, but Sub and I sorted most of that stuff out nearly two months back. So not only will Library be updated and support Sims, but the two smaller variations of the level will also be included.

I redid the clipping for Caverns VR, and Sims perform very well. There is still one doorway where they seem to get stuck sometimes, but I hope to work that out. I'll also be shifting the weapons and armour around, to better suit the new weapon handling in PD, and get some ammo crates out of the fuel barrels.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Basement: This one is complete. It has seen a lot of updating over the original, to make up for the greater number of players that can participate in a match. It now features twelve respawn points (original had five), eight weapon sets (original had six), and one armour set (same as original). I've tried to keep things balanced, but given the small size of the map, you'll find some weapons to be within close proximity of others. There's also the new Hills and Flag Bases, for King of the Hill and Capture the Flag modes. Those of you familiar with this map in GoldenEye may also notice some architectural modifications...

Stack: This is nearly complete. I've also decided to update this map a fair amount, as the original wouldn't work as well as a straight port. It has twelve respawn points (used to have five), eight weapon sets (used to be ten), and two armour sets (same as before). Arrangement and placement has been altered to make better use of the map. I may still adjust that further. Hills and Flag Bases are also in place. The AI Path Network seems to need small tweaks, but works quite well throughout most of the level. Drops from the upper catwalks still need working out. As in Basement, those who know this level well may find some changes to the architecture...

Citadel: Yes, that's right. Citadel is in progress. A nice portion of the clipping is complete, and I've begun noting where the AI Path Network will be placed. There was an issue where you'd drop out of the map when attempting to climb to the top of the spiral ramp, but I believe I have fixed it (I think it was the same thing that caused players to fall out of the map in Complex when running down the one steep ramp too quickly, but since I can't replicate the results of TH126, I don't know if I've fixed that, as well). Anyway, I do have Zoinkity's newest setup file, so I'll be converting it over and seeing what needs changing for PD's handling.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Citadel: Yes, that's right. Citadel is in progress. A nice portion of the clipping is complete, and I've begun noting where the AI Path Network will be placed. There was an issue where you'd drop out of the map when attempting to climb to the top of the spiral ramp, but I believe I have fixed it (I think it was the same thing that caused players to fall out of the map in Complex when running down the one steep ramp too quickly, but since I can't replicate the results of TH126, I don't know if I've fixed that, as well). Anyway, I do have Zoinkity's newest setup file, so I'll be converting it over and seeing what needs changing for PD's handling.

YES!!!

I just love the Citadel map.

It was huge and it had all kind of thing in it.

Ill just love to kill the player/bots on this map over and over.

If you can soon maybe show some pic of this map in PD when ever you can Wreck?

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is great, so dose this mean there will be 4 new VR maps in release 4, basement, stack, caverns and ciadel?
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Basement, Stack and Caverns should certainly be in the upcoming release, as will the addition of Simulant support in Library. The Citadel is going to need quite a bit of work done to it, so I can't promise that it'll make it in. If it does, there is a chance that it won't have an AI Path Network. You'd still be able to play it against humans, but Sims won't be able to move. We'll just have to see what all I can get accomplished in the next few weeks.

There isn't really much of Citadel to show off. I've just got the background and clipping in, so it's pretty uninteresting. I'll get some pics up when there's more to see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: