ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Question about controller dead zone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Question about controller dead zone Reply with quote Back to top

I'm assuming the dead zone of a controller is how the buttons/analog reacts to the slight movement of an analog stick- to as far as it can go?

I've done some configurations on the racing game GTR2 and noticed when I set the deadzone to 100% it is accurate when you are steering and a slight nudge of the analog will ever so slightly steer your car, so if I set it to like 10, will the movements be very sharp?

Just wanted to clarify this Smile

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dead zone is how much of the range from the center position of the stick is ignored.
this is done to prevent loose sticks or very small movements to affect the game. the greater the dead zone, the farther you have to move the stick to actually start to register movement.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Deadzone prevents "twitching". The Power Glove could have benefitted from this as well.

It should also be noted most games presume "100%" is a bit less than actually having your stick 100% in any given direction. From the beginning it was presumed the sticks weren't exactly calibrated, and later when the plastic started to wear and a stick couldn't physically move the lever enough to register full movement happily many games still worked adequately.

Emulators cheat controller play a lot, out of necessity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: