ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sogun's Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The auto-portal uses clipping and the room numbers in clipping (intersections), so it must not be clipped with rooms properly?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love the level pic so far its insane lol.

But the tectures need to be resizes wich is a easy fix if you know how.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad you like the level.

Autoportal didn't work because I dind't load the clipping when I tried it at first (I though it wasn't necessary). A second try with the clipping on didn't work, it only created 2 portals in random positions.

Because editing portals for 1C rooms would take a lot of time, I merged all the level into one room and see of the Editor could handle it. And I had no problems at all.

I imported the new .obj file for the clipping and clipped the ladders. Then I followed the multi tutorial to add start points for multiplayer, weapons and creates. The flags weren't covered in that tutorial but the editor warned me that there were none. I put in a Flag token.

After saving as Save Setup Uncompressed is when I have more doubts:
When I have to Add Uncompressed File to a ROM, the Input and Output Rom must the the same rom with the added textures, right?
Also, what files do I have to add? I added RoomIndices01.bin, RoomIndices201.bin, RoomVertices01.bin and UsetuprunZ.bin.

Well, after doing that I loaded the rom on Project64 and when I run Runway the screen goes black and the FPS rise like crazy.

I though that the reason for that could be changing my level for a solo level. So I started again but following the solo to multiplayer tutorial but the result is the same black screen when I select Archives in Multiplayer.

It is all because the level is one too big room or did I do something wrong?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you only have one room you don't need portals, in fact you can't use portals. Assuming it doesn't lag in-game, one room is ok.

You need to use Save Project, save setup won't work as it doesn't include bgfile and clipping. Since you did rooms from scratch, you should also maybe use save project + rooms if you changed lighting or anything. Then inject project in order to test. Whatever level you had chosen is the one it will pick. Try GE first, then PD, as its simpler.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, SubDrag. Now I can play the level.

I have replaced Runway just to test the 'Inject Project' feature and this is the result. It's Weird because Bond is kneeled (you can tell by the speed he moves) and I can only walk through a limited area. Everything else is fine. Can I change mist distance and colour, and drawing distance? Because Bond is kneeled I can't tell if the scale of the map is right or a little big.

See this picture: http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/GEPath01.jpg?t=1300749161
That is the wireframe of that part of the level's clipping. I can only walk around the polys with the green line.
I've checked the clipping of that part and it's normal.

Any idea of what is happening?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, when you do File->New, set your scale to 1.0, otherwise it scales. Runways would make the level huge!

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL, so Bond wasn't kneeled but was the size of an ant! Laughing
I think I'm getting used to this. Here's the level played in Multiplayer.

Scale 1.0 is a bit little, but I think something about 150%-200% the size would do. That should be scale 0.666666-0.5 right?

I can't walk too far from the start point. The second player of that pic only moves by two polys or so. This clipping issue is the big deal, the level is almost done in GE.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't figure out what's happening with the clipping. I tried to "Redo Clipping Connections" but that didn't fix it.

Also, I tried to replace Library since it can be played up to 4 players but I got a black screen when I load the level. For now I have replaced Archives but it can only be played up to 3 players. Any idea of how to replace Library or make Archives up to 4 players?

I'm uploading the files so you can see the level directly. The package contains the Project folder, the .obj (room and clipping) files, the texture.txt, the .bmp textures and the DeleD files. Tell me if something is missing. Dowload them from here.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may need to Stan Convert, then redo clipping connections, but GE clipping is pretty awful (PDs is way better). There's a tutorial on the vault but not sure how much it helps.

As for the crashing 4P, there are memory allocations in 21990, which you may need to increase a little in order to let your level work. Each level has different allocations so that could explain he difference.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks SubDrag.

Now I think I'll be able to fix it. I missed that tutorial, it helped me a lot. I did "Stan Convertor Current" and then "Redo Clipping Conectons". Then I was able to walk through some parts of the level I couldn't before, but not the entire level.
I think it has something to do with triangles that doesn't share vertex even if they are next to each other (one of the sides of the triangle is longer than the side of the conected triangle).
I can edit the clipping triangles to fix the conections (already fixed some) but that would take too long and I'm afraid some parts would be almost impossible to fix because they are too narrow for the camera to navigate. So I'm going to look at the clipping mesh and triangulate it correctly even if that increases the number of polys. Changing the level mesh shouldn't be necessary.

Now I have one doubt about ladders. They didn't work in my previous attemp but that's probably because there wasn't any conection with the floor. My doubt is: is it mandatory for the ladder polys to be next to the wall behind them or can they be a little separated? I may not have explained it very well, this image should make up for that.

I tried the PD Seetup Editor but when I do "Convert -> Convert Obj to GoldenEye Level (and add texture filess)" a warning message appears: "Trying to add too many images". EternallyAries mentioned that there's a way to make place for the images by erasing something but he didn't rememberd.

Finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They don't have to exactly touch in terms of background file, but clippingwise there can be no holes, everything must touch exactly, and all tris must exactly match all edges (Stan Convert attempts to correct those that don't, but they must touch).

To add room for images delete debug data in 21990 and use that rom as basis.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm ready to share the first beta of my map. There are some things that I have to change/fix but the important part is mostly done. Don't be scared of some twisted textures and traversable ceildings/walls.Twisted Evil As the map was planned for PD, weapons sets are a bit weird.

Dowload the ips patch from here. Feed back, suggestions and comments are appreciated. Very Happy

I need help with some issues as well:

Ladders are tricky. I had to change the clipping triangles to "ladder+kneel" because "ladder" didn't seem to do anything.
There is still a problem with ladders: while a player is climbing one, the others players just see the character on the bottom of the ladder, and when the first player reaches the top, it teleports to the other players. Same happens when dropping from a ledge. The big problem is that players can shoot and harm the immovable and defendless first player.
Here's an image of what I'm saying. Natalya is actually almost at the top of the ladder.

Here's another image with two things that need help.
I want to let the players drop from a ledge but not allowing climbing back even if the ledge isn't too high (bottom half of the image). I tried doing so by editing the clipping triangles, letting conections in one way but not the other. The result was that I couldn't drop if I couldn't climb, but was able to drop if climbing was allowed.
I also want to make some textures semi-transparent (top half of the image), to able players to see their opponents in some spots. It would be awesome to shoot trough the catwalks with powerful weapons, like the magnum does with doors, but I don't know how to do it.

Next weekend I'll try porting the map to Perfect Dark.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am very much looking forward to it!! Smile Yeah, that ladder thing is a known limitation of GE, but won't affect you in PD. It's a shame, and no GE levels use ladders. I guess you need to turn it into a ramp, no ladder clipping will work in multi properly.

Very cool map!

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well done on the map Sogun.

It makes me happy to know that your still contenuing the level. Smile

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The PD Setup Editor crashes after choosing the output rom to add the textures.

I did 'Delete Debug Data (and J text)' in the 39850 PD Setp Editor and used that rom as a base to import the map, then 'Convert .obj to GoldenEye level (and add textures file)', selected 'textures.bmp', then the input rom with no debug data and finally the output rom. Then the editor crashes without creating any files.
I also tried with the last beta editor updated by BetaGrabberTool with the same effect.

I've uploaded the files so someone could check if everything is OK. They worked well in GE Setup Editor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: