ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sogun's Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is absolutely WICKED SICK cool bro Cool I'm glad you are this into GE for real bro You take the game and make it better Laughing So very cool what you are doing for it I really need to catch you when you have more time so we can discuss teaming up for a JFG project? Wink MultiplayerX

**NOTE** Have you ever pmed Wreck to see if he needs help remodelling some levels that won't work right in GEX? He said Jungle and Streets had all sorts of issues. I came up with a concept on that though. Someone like you has the knowledge to go into a level and smooth out polygon count at weld points in mesh Wink If we could find someone obsessed enough to do this I think that would be the key to expanding GEX to it's full amazing potential. Poor Wreck is working so hard he needs a bigger crew to get around these issues. Just curious if he or you ever thought about teaming up on harder issues.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun, those models look superb. Very smooth and unlike the blocky models in GE and PD.
¡Trabajo bueno!

Post note: SubDrag is handling the mapping of the background file format for JFG, though it is not on his priority list. If you wish to see advancements in it, I recommend contacting him to give some incentive to continue.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
Sogun, those models look superb. Very smooth and unlike the blocky models in GE and PD.
¡Trabajo bueno!

Post note: SubDrag is handling the mapping of the background file format for JFG, though it is not on his priority list. If you wish to see advancements in it, I recommend contacting him to give some incentive to continue.

Really!!?? Very Happy I did not know this. I hope he is looking into getting some maps over

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the compliments guys.

These models aren't mine. Someone else ripped them from the games (Link is from Super Smash Bros Melee) and I found the files and ported them to Goldeneye Editor. The only work I had to do was reducing textures to N64 format and add lighting to the model in Editor.
I wanted to port Solid Snake from Super Smash Brawl too (+11,000 tris) but the textures in that model are all merged in one image and that means a lot of work (split the image to separated textures and remap all the model).

I don't need JFG backgrounds yet. I have other 4 maps in mind so SubDrag can take his time, hehe.

As for GoldenEye: X, Wreck has contacted me to help him in things like the Citadel makeover.
I also offered my help with the Streets level, but he thinks he or SubDrag can find a solution for that.
I think there's a group of people helping Wreck converting the solo missions, or at least they were in the past.
If he needs my help for other matters he knows I'll do it. Wink

-------------------------

After porting these hi-poly models I realized that emulation is crazy and makes no sense, hehe.

If those +7,000 tris from the Link prop were used in the background, the level would lag almost just like on console. But for some reason it runs at 60 fps as a prop.
But if you have a lot of low-poly props in a level, even if the total amount of tris is low, framerate will drop a lot.

I noticed this in my Kakariko map (it works better on emu with no doors and shutters than with them), and also noticed yesterday when I was replacing the fishes in the Peach's Castle aquarium with props (you can kill them with explosions now, hehehe).
Peach's Castle drops from 55-60 fps in 2P to 35-40 fps with the same amount of fishes, although the difference was only about 2 fps in 4P.

It probably depends of emulator and plugins used, but I think a lot of people uses Project 64 1.6 and Glide64 as I do.
That's why I'll do two patches like in last release. One more console oriented and the other fitting for emulators.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet bro. Well whatever they are sure they'll be as neat as Ocarina. Sware I walked around in the forest temple for about 20 minutes admiring the clipping accuracy. Sweet textures on that map and the design is just so cool. Great hiding places for some neat matches. Graphics are sooooooo overrated. Laughing

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Forest Temple took a lot of work with clipping. It was the thing that delayed the map the most. It took more than a week until all ladders and wines worked correctly. Even ripping and joining the rooms or lighting didn't take that long.
I model the clipping in Autocad with the actual geometry as template, so I can make it as accurate as I want. But once in Editor, clipping connections are a different matter and ladders can be a big headache, hehe.

---------------------

After the last Mario Kart 8 announcements I did a new model. Nothing very different in this one except it's envmapped!

It looks gorgeous on emu, and doesn't lag that much on console (a little less than 5,000 tris). Visit Bunker 2 and enter the first room to the right.
I have removed collisions in the models, so now you can get closer. But they are still destroyable, hehe.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ib1bxs2b9voot85

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: awesome So! Reply with quote Back to top

Yea I hear you. I've been working hard at Frigate Top Zone. The level looks so sweet. I'm very excited I was able to get this beastie running. I've worked all day trying to maximize visibilty issues with the background. May need your help Wink. If you're interested that is. I figure it would be an easy fix on your end by just tagging the clipping better and fixing room id error tags. The rooms in the middle with the pipes vanish if player 2 looks opposite of player one at the opposite end of the level. Other than that if they stay running towards the middle at all times or just keep looking at eachother towards the middle it looks really nice Smile I changed the object for the floor to better match Frigates other decks. Let me know if you'd be willing to tweak this monster. Wink

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to derail Sogun's thread, but couldn't find a more appropriate place. I've been (albeit very slowly, as a side project to Goldfinger 64), helping Acceptable67 with his Jet Force Gemini editor. In the process, looks like may end up having a suitable way eventually to import JFG maps into GE (eventually, but not yet). I don't know which map Sogun intended to port, I think he likes to merge different sections hehe, so it's more advanced than pure port.

Last edited by SubDrag on Sun May 04, 2014 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OMG Sub that is such a beautiful screenie. I knew the game would be so amazing in GE. Don't quit this and it will happen. Very excited about it! Cool Very Happy

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That JFG pic looks fantastic! Even the vertex shading is ported. Good job Acceptable67 and SubDrag! Surprised

I had a couple of maps in mind from JFG as I said in the past:

-Sekhmet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBM6hNxvn0
This one is my favourite regarding level design. There are three issues I see in this map that would make it a challenge to port to GE.
First, the level is too big (even bigger than Forest Temple) and I don't know if the different parts will merge together. I'm trusting Rare in this one, hehe.
Secondly, there are a few areas with moving platforms or designed with the jetpack in mind. I will need to think very carefully the changes that are going to be needed.
Related to that point there are a few areas that are kind of isolated from the rest (like the spiral ramp at the end of the level). I'll probably include them but just as a bonus, like the outside garden in Peach's Castle. That means no guns or spawn points there.
Sekhmet would benefit a lot in Perfect Dark since I can add floating platforms and the addition of sims will rise the action.

-Tawfret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1bW7XMJeQg
At first I was thinking of doing the Castle that follows this area, but when I replayed JFG in order to have a save state after finishing the first half of the game I realized that this fits a lot better as a multi.
There's the exterior with big open areas and a few obstacles, and the catacombs with a labyrinthine layout, so it's like having two maps in one. There are a few spots where both areas are connected but I can add more if needed.
The only thing I still don't know is if everything will merge perfectly. But I have faith in Rare, hehehe.
Tawfret having rain in PD would look amazing. It seems the exterior has lower poly-count than Kakariko so I think performance will be ok.

With all that said, there are other maps with higher priority in my list. But it's good to know that the JFG Editor will help in the future.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

schweet Very Happy Cool

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sub that is fantastic...! Wow!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
That JFG pic looks fantastic! Even the vertex shading is ported. Good job Acceptable67 and SubDrag! Surprised

I had a couple of maps in mind from JFG as I said in the past:

-Sekhmet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBM6hNxvn0
This one is my favourite regarding level design. There are three issues I see in this map that would make it a challenge to port to GE.
First, the level is too big (even bigger than Forest Temple) and I don't know if the different parts will merge together. I'm trusting Rare in this one, hehe.
Secondly, there are a few areas with moving platforms or designed with the jetpack in mind. I will need to think very carefully the changes that are going to be needed.
Related to that point there are a few areas that are kind of isolated from the rest (like the spiral ramp at the end of the level). I'll probably include them but just as a bonus, like the outside garden in Peach's Castle. That means no guns or spawn points there.
Sekhmet would benefit a lot in Perfect Dark since I can add floating platforms and the addition of sims will rise the action.

-Tawfret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1bW7XMJeQg
At first I was thinking of doing the Castle that follows this area, but when I replayed JFG in order to have a save state after finishing the first half of the game I realized that this fits a lot better as a multi.
There's the exterior with big open areas and a few obstacles, and the catacombs with a labyrinthine layout, so it's like having two maps in one. There are a few spots where both areas are connected but I can add more if needed.
The only thing I still don't know is if everything will merge perfectly. But I have faith in Rare, hehehe.
Tawfret having rain in PD would look amazing. It seems the exterior has lower poly-count than Kakariko so I think performance will be ok.

With all that said, there are other maps with higher priority in my list. But it's good to know that the JFG Editor will help in the future.

Watched those video links OMG *SO* that space cruiser level would be EPIC if you could get everything together those transparent hallways are so awesome! can't wait!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JFG levels in GE!!!

Wow.

Just wow!

Please don't give up on this.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
JFG levels in GE!!!

Wow.

Just wow!

Please don't give up on this.

I'm TOTALLY with KERR on this. To have all of Jet Force Gemini in GE would be an EPIC FEAT and open up GE to new heights of excitement!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 19 of 26

Jump to: