ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sogun's Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure why, but PD sometimes the texture files infinite loop the game. If that happens, try rearranging, and sometimes adding an extra texture.

Barandilla.bmp
Pared32.bmp
system.bmp
Techo32.bmp
Suelo32.bmp
vent32.bmp
vent32.bmp

That file (including two vents) will incorporate into ROM and run the ROM.
Edit: Works fine, I forgot to delete lighting and portals, make sure you do it before convert!

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't work for me. Sad
Once I was able to make the new rom but it crashed after selecting the .obj file.
I rearranged the textures in different orders and added different duplicates at the end but none of those combinations worked. Maybe it's something else that is failing?

I run the Setup Editor on Windows XP. The PD rom with no debug data was created based on a .v64 rom (as a based on a PD.z64 rom exists the Setup Editor without giving a Windows error message). Both new roms crash the Setup Editor at the same step.
I tried replacing Fortress, Carpark and Ravine.

I did erase portals and lighting before converting. Even 'make level bare-bones' and delete clipping in different attemps but the same error happens.

Could you upload a patch of the working PD rom with the level to see if I can continue from there?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it crashing at the add texture part or the obj conversion?

Here's all my files, apply xdelta, then use bgfile, clipping, make yourself a start point, save project, inject.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Is it crashing at the add texture part or the obj conversion?

Here's all my files, apply xdelta, then use bgfile, clipping, make yourself a start point, save project, inject.

I click on 'Convert .obj to GE level (and add texture files)', then a window pops up looking for the texture.txt, then for a normal PD rom, and finally for the output rom. After selecting the output rom the editor crashes (with the typical windows message to send/don't send an error report).

I canĀ“t see the link to your files, you forgot to add it. Question

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How odd. I'm assuming doing add textures to end of ROM same thing? And using ROM you 39850'd to delete debug data. Weird.

Oops sorry!

http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/priv/subdrag/NoPlace.rar

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Subdrag.

"Add textures in the end of the rom" crashes the same way. I select textures.txt (either yours or mine), then input rom, then output rom and then the editor crashes with the windows message about sending/not sending an error report.

Your files didn't contain a xdelta patch or a ips one!
I was able to load the level geometry and then add some PD textures to walls and ladders/railings (but not to floor and ceiling). But I don't know how to set a Start Point, it's not like in GE. I can't even "go to start point" in any PD map, multi or solo.

I have noticed that there's no level scale now, or at least not the same way like in GE. Would I be able to change the size of the map in the editor or that has to be done while modelling?

I was also wondering... What's the difference between a xdelta and a ips patch?

Thanks.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Must've been off last night, here ya go:
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/priv/subdrag/perfect_darknoplace.xdelta

Start points are same in GE/PD, set a pad, then right click and say set start point.

As a note, PD you must clip all walls too, or else you fall out of stage. GE was only floors. Also yes pd scale is always 1.0 so you need to edit in modeller.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks again Subdrag.

I was able to run my level in PD but I had trouble again.

When I imported the bg.bin file, the room had the wrong coordinates and didn't match the clipping. See image.
With the editor I was able to move the room to match pretty close the clipping (although not exactly). Is there a better/automatical way to do it by selecting two vertex or something? It's weird because I can see the coords origin inside the clipping mesh where it is supposed to be, and the room has coords 0,0,0.
This happens with the bg.bin and when I export the background with the RoomPositions.txt you uploaded.

While playing my level on PD I noticed that I couldn't go up ramps (it's like there's and invisible wall at the beginning of the ramp), and when I go down the ramps it's like there's and invisible horizontal floor until the end of the ramp, then I fall to the bottom floor. I though it could fix it changing the clipping type but there wasn't an option for ramps or similar. Maybe it's because clipping and geometry didn't match exactly? That doesn't make sense but I don't know what is causing it.

I also noticed that in horizontal floors some triangles seem to be a little bit up from others, so when you walk through them the view moves a little up or down. Not really a big deal but I don't remember anything similar in the original game. Maybe it is also related with the clipping and level not matching exactly but I want to fix it if is possible.

I have to correct the scale (just double it) and the clipping (that will take longer). I was planning to retexture the level to give it more variety but that will have to wait until the setup is completed.

See ya.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh ! That was my bad. Change the center to 00000000 00000000 00000000 in Roompositions.bin and reexport the file . You could also move it manually as you said.

When you make a ramp, make sure it's set as walkable (yellow) and not red, if it's red it means a wall and stops you.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you have the map loading in the GE Editor Visual, than you could always just rescale it (as well as portals and clipping), and save it to a new folder. That's what we have to do for the GoldenEye map ports. You can right-click in Edit Room Positions mode and select the rescale and recenter rooms options. Whatever scale you've been using for it in GE (you said double the original size, so 0.5 should work), is what you'll type in there. You then choose where on your computer you want the updated files. Also do the same in Edit Portals mode, and export them to a .txt file (unless is just one single room, then you don't need to worry about it). Same thing goes for your clipping. Rescale by the same amount, and then export to .obj file.

Close everything and switch to PD mode. Select a new level, something small like Complex, and go into Visual. Change to Edit Portals mode, and choose to delete all portal info. Import yours, if necessary. Switch to Edit Room Positions mode, and right-click to bring up the Export Full Background option. Choose your RoomPositions.txt (or whatever it was called by the Editor), and save as a new file. Your background should load in at the new scale. Switch to Edit Clipping and import .obj as clipping. Choose to select clipping of room (it's pretty simple if just one room), set all types to Walkable, set the sound to Stone (you can adjust certain sections later on, for metal or dirt, etc.), and export as your new clippingfloors.bin file. You'll be able to add in walls and railings afterward as wall type.

As for changing the textures, that can really be done after everything else. I'd concentrate on the clipping, setup, and pads. PD is a bit more complicated than GE, but it's not so bad once you get used of it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this all comes together in Perfect Dark. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have followed Wreck's advice step by step and some weird things happened.

This happened when I exported the background to PD. Creepy. I was able to fix it with the editor, but the texturing is not as good as the original. Image.

Clipping is where I have most trouble. If I do 'Select clipping of room', not all the clipping is selected (the level only has one room).Image. I can select individually the rest of the triangles, though.
If I click on 'Set tile as walkable' the clipping triangles remain grey (it should change to yellow right?). Nothing seems to change. There's no 'check' or something in 'set tile as walkable'.
Adding a sound to the clipping worked well.

What is happening to the clipping?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The textures are different so wrecks methods less ideal than scaling original and reexporting using rom with textures I added. You can't select all tiles in room because buffer size for selection is limited. One room in pd is harder to work with I guess due to amount of tiles needed but prob need to do one by one.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The textures you used for the original GE version probably aren't all in PD, so they'd need to either be put in, or new textures selected in replacement. Export Full BG with Texture Replacement is the correct choice, but I was more worried about just getting the BG in for now, so you could work on clipping and setup. The BG could be fixed and swapped out at any time, really.

texturereplacement.txt Example...

00E7 0672
0118 0456
0354 078E

GE textures on left, new PD textures on right.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys.

I've the clipping almost finished, but I have problems with some (four) ramps and a catwalk (I don't know if this is the correct word, I mean those little corridors where you need to be kneeled) I can't drop down.

For two of the ramps, the clipping triangles didn't import from the .obj mesh. By converting background to clipping I managed to make one of the two triangles of the ramp to work properly, the other is unaffected (I can't go up the ramp and when I go down the player levitates).
The other ramps that don't work are catwalks-ramps. The clipping is good but I can't go down the ramps and going up is a bit weird. I think it has something to do with the ceiling being so close in that part of the map.

For the catwalk I have no idea what is going on. It has nothing special and I can drop from any other catwalk in the map.

I was going to start the setup and I have some doubts:

Weapons - I've notice there are 0E weapon pick ups. In PD you can select up to 6 weapons/devices in Combat Simulator. Should I use the first six pick ups (00 to 05) or some of them are duplicated?

Sim paths - I haven't tried this and I haven't found any tutorial in the Vault. The Making path presets tutorial is the closest thing I know. Would this work or should I use other documentation?

Lighting - This feature wasn't in GE and the map without lights looks too plain in PD. Again, there's nothing in the vault about this. Where can I find any info? It's the last thing to do.

I think I'm not forgeting anything.
Here are the files of the current project and the .obj for the clipping if someone wants to look at it. Here's an image with the location of the ramps (marked in red) and the catwalk (pointed by a red arrow) that don't work. At the bottom of the area inside the red square are the two catwalk-ramps I talked before.
For the base PD rom, you should use the patch SubDrag linked some days ago.

Thank you.

EDIT: the scale and the textures on the map are now perfect (well, like in the GE beta I uploaded).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Took a look, your left clipping is off by one X unit. You can right click and say Open Tile Dialog, then go to 12B1 and 20C7, they're off by one unit, fix one of them, then click Apply Changes, I adjusted it and it fixed in-game. I've left it to you to do so you learn it Smile But let me know if have any issue.

The second one, to make a fall, I can't figure out why it's not working. Sometimes walls next to it can cause weirdness if space isn't big enough. We'll have to research it/try stuff/examine rare's levels.

Lighting - heh, I must admit we don't know much about it. Wreck had a partial info but here's all the levels, if you want to play:
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/priv/subdrag/lightinginlevels.txt

I believe you want to use all the PD FX weapons, they duplicate, I forget what's equal to what though, hope Wreck comes on.

Yep, follow the path tutorial, it's needed for PD Sims to move around. GE didn't need that. PD does.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26

Jump to: