ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sogun's Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now the clipping is right and all ramps work (that catwalk will remain the same as I don't have a clue of what is happening).
One thing I forgot to tell was that I can't drop from a ramp (actually, only near the vertex), but in other PD maps (like Skedar) dropping from a ramp is possible. How do I fix that?

I started the setup. Put weapons and start points without problem. But I noticed that there are no sims on the level (the radar points the center of the map but I can't find anything there).
When I fire a gun against the floor or a wall, the bullet hole is black, without texture. Is there a way to select the type of hole the bullet would do on any surface?

I also added case bases and hills and I noticed that won't work with the map been one room. It seems that I need to do an specific room for every coloured area. I know that means to remodel background and clipping separating them in different rooms (I've already done it, only some fixes to do) but would I be able to reuse the setup? I'd like to solve the not appearing sims issue and make their paths, but if that can't be used with the new map then it will be a waste.

I thought I almost had it. Sad

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, I forgot about the hills. You're right, alas you'll have to split up to support base coloring. At least it'll give you experience in it. The setup file works no matter if it's one or many rooms, so it'll transfer.

As for the drop, it seems to be similar in most levels, although there's a drop below usually, sometimes a short wall tile though. I looked a little deeper, there's some kind of massive sideways tile to the left of that I think is make you hit your head and be stuck or something like that. The drop is just by having a wall or no tile which you have. It's one of the side tris. Working on it.

You can edit bullet hole type in Tools->Image Tools, an right click on image, choose your ROM, edit, and save, yours should be at the end.

Last edited by SubDrag on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fixed the clipping:
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/priv/subdrag/clippingNoPlaceCanDrop.bin

Don't think I ruined any other part. I'm not sure exactly which one, but something about a wall/ceiling tile set that makes it unwalkable. I basically deleted all the ones around them, then put em back what was needed to block you but not unnecessary and make sure still can walk.

Of course, when you redo rooms you'll need to redo the clipping file!

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks SubDrag! So basically I needed to redo the clipping in that part of the level with the Setup Editor, right?

Redoing the map with multiple rooms was something I wanted to do after finishing this. It's just the portal thing didn't go well the first attempt and I'm a bit lazy about that. Embarassed

I'm still interested completing the map with all possible multiplayer Scenarios and then release a PD beta. 'Capture the case' and 'King of the Hill' won't be possible but I don't know how to do 'Hold the Briefcase' and 'Hacker central'. The lack of sims is also a problem.

I uploaded my newest project files (with your catwalk fix and the other ramps fixed), tell me what I'm lacking for the sims not appearing in the level.
http://www.mediafire.com/?y5ezevz8oz1qnzz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the info on weapon sets...

GE = PD

F0 = F0
F1 = F5
F2 = F1
F3 = F6
F4 = F2
F5 = F7
F6 = F3
F7 = F8

Shield = F4
Shield = F9

So whatever you set for your weapons in the GE version, just switch the FX ID to match the corresponding PD version.

-----------------------------

Also, not sure what all was clipped for this map in Perfect Dark, but the ceilings aren't necessary. In fact, they could cause some movement issues. It's mostly just walls, floors, ramps, stairs, railings, and some other things here and there that really need clipping.

----------------------------

You'll also need this to initialize Simulants in the map...

Action Block 100X

0005FD0000

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck! I have sims standing there. Now I have to do their paths.

I clipped the floor, railings, almost all of the walls (those wich are unreachable aren't clipped) and the ceilings from the catwalks to avoid traspasing (except in the ramp-catwalks because if they are clipped I can go down on them).
As I said before, I can't drop from a ramp and I don't know what is causing it.

Only things to do are sims path, and 'Hold the Briefcase' and 'Hacker central' scenarios.

The map with 8 sims is soooo laggy in my computer. Like 5-10 FPS seriously. I hope making it in multiple rooms would fix that. Other maps run full speed (or near it) almost all the time.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Hold the Briefcase and Hacker Central scenarios should be handled automatically by the game. I believe it chooses a pad at random (usually one used by an ammo crate, but can also be others) and puts the corresponding object(s) on it. The briefcase in one, and both a computer terminal and data uplink in another.

Strange that you can't drop from a ramp. I'd either have to see some screenshots of the area, also with clipping shown, or check out the files sometime.

It looks like a rather large stage, so I can imagine that the gameplay might slow down with more players and Sims loaded. Having it chopped up into many rooms would probably help a good deal. Looks like you could easily have 20+, judging by your overhead map.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been frustrated many times (as has Wreck). It almost always has to do with tiles and hitting your head. The best way is to delete all the tiles in the area around walls and ceiling, and then make sure you can walk down/fall, then put them back slowly by selecting them and hitting F in room positions mode.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hold the Briefcase and Hacker Central scenarios are handled by the game as Wreck said. I just checked it and works fine.

I took two screnshots from he ramps I can't drop. Green circles are the spots where the player can drop (near the vertex) and red lines indicate players can't drop (like there's an invisible wall).
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/rampdrop1.jpg?t=1302823319
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/rampdrop2.jpg?t=1302823319

The stage is large indeed. I modeled 1E rooms (that's 30 rooms if I'm not mistaken) but I grouped some areas and with hills added the number could rise to 35-40. Wreck, you can take a look at the level if you want, the files where uploaded by me in a previous post (the only thing missing is the action block for the sims):
http://www.mediafire.com/?y5ezevz8oz1qnzz

Before I start doing the sims path, is there something special/silly I need to know? Like linking the path to a start point or if I want the sims to go through a catwalk or drop from an edge.

Thank you.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Building a path network is fairly straight-forward, but sometimes you need to set certain flags on the pads in PD for Sims to behave correctly. You have to "tell them" that the area is a vent, or if they must stick to a path without any wiggle-room (pretty much following the link between two points directly with no deviation). Drops are another aspect I have yet to figure out. I can get them to use them, but they also seem to believe that they can climb back up them.

I recently made one for the Library map from GoldenEye for the GE:X mod. Here's an image of what it looks like in the Basement for reference...

http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/pd/geproject/images/library_basement_network.jpg

I did have a similar issue with falling off the side of a ramp in Caves. Make sure that the clipping isn't poking up above the floor at all, as that could obstruct your movement. I might have to check it out myself, if it keeps up.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually wasn't aware of those pad flags, how do they work? We should add a tutorial about it when it's well known.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It wasn't until working on Library that I figured out how to keep Sims to a specified path on the network. When running up the ramps to the upper section to get you, they would often fall off the side and have to try again... and again. By setting a certain flag on the pads themselves, they are forced onto a "track" of sorts. They'll still move around when shot or closely encountered, but it keeps them from freely moving off the edges when running toward you (or the next pad).

There's a bunch of flags that I've written down from other levels, but only two have been successful for me in my attempts. I still really want to figure out how to get them using drops properly (without thinking they can climb back up them from the bottom), but it's been a real pain in the butt.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's the flag location? I don't remember any part of pad being unknown.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Making the paths is driving me crazy. I did part of the level yesterday and tested it. It worked fine. The sim walked up/down the ramps as that was my biggest concern.

I continued last night and then problems began. First, when I linked two presets, and additional link connected one of the presets with the coord origin (no clue why). I undid the link and continued from the next preset.

Today I noticed that part of the paths joins I did first were deleted. Some of the presets had additional links again, but now to a start point path. I deleted the start point and made another present on the same spot to redo the links but then, automatically, the previous links returned.

I think I'm going to start the level with multiple rooms unless this has an easy solution.
I'm going to retexture the level with PD textures, is there a way to convert the level without adding textures and use a normal PD rom as base?

Thanks.

PS: the lagy performance of my level with simulants seems to be a PD graphic engine issue. Project64 still runs 60 fps but the game clearly isn't. The speed ingame is similar with 1 or 8 sims. This doesn't happen in original PD multi maps even with 8 sims, when the fps only drop in certain areas (more likely room transitions).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The lagginess is due to path presets, well not having them. It should be fine making them in the editor, hmm?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 4 of 26

Jump to: