ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sogun's Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing progress on the Jet Force Gemini background porting, guys! It is a great thing that AC67 kept banging away at his JFG editor, since this sort of project may have either taken far longer to begin taking shape, been less accurate, or perhaps not even took off at all. Really looking forward to what's to come down the road on this venture. Smile

Very cool work getting those character models into GE, Sogun. Princess Toadstool (or "Peach" as they have been saying for years now) shouldn't even need body armour in multiplayer matches. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Amazing progress on the Jet Force Gemini background porting, guys! It is a great thing that AC67 kept banging away at his JFG editor, since this sort of project may have either taken far longer to begin taking shape, been less accurate, or perhaps not even took off at all. Really looking forward to what's to come down the road on this venture. Smile

Very cool work getting those character models into GE, Sogun. Princess Toadstool (or "Peach" as they have been saying for years now) shouldn't even need body armour in multiplayer matches. Razz

I am so uber excited that acceptable got back on this. I am beyond words how cool this is. Cool Very Happy

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm stunned...literally stunned. This is the N64 equivalent of digging up the last holy grail.

You know I look at this stuff and my jaw just drops - we've got so many crazy smart people around here!

acceptable67 - you ROCK!!!

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I am starting to pick the editor back up again, regarding the porting and mapping of the JFG level to GE, all the work really goes to Sub. He mostly supplies the documentation and I implement it! I'm transitioning his supplied C++ code to C# so I can implement the background->obj file in editor -- but it's barely working as-is and it's going to take a long, long time before I get full support for it.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
While I am starting to pick the editor back up again, regarding the porting and mapping of the JFG level to GE, all the work really goes to Sub. He mostly supplies the documentation and I implement it! I'm transitioning his supplied C++ code to C# so I can implement the background->obj file in editor -- but it's barely working as-is and it's going to take a long, long time before I get full support for it.

That's okay buddy. We waited YEARS for the editor. We can wait more. Think everyone will appreciate it more once it's done! Once I start school and understand programming more I may be able to join the team too. Wink Should be starting in July.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's been a while since last time I updated my projects, and gues what...

More is coming sooner than expected !!!

The ideal release date for this was July 7th, so I returned on this on late June. But Blue Resort took a lot of tests until it finally worked and the date was skipped.
Since it was more than a year since last release I thought having two new maps would be great. August 1st became the new goal, then August 7th, then August 14th... but now I'm pleased to announce that the new patches are going to de available sometime tomorrow. Very Happy

I'm releasing two patches. One console oriented (which is alredy finished) and another one for emulators (they allow more drwing distance and better framerate). But the second patch still lacks Holiday Island, so that's what I'm finishing tomorrow.

It was expected to be a summer release. Embarassed

Many thanks to SubDrag for helping me splitting Blue Resort and coding new features in Editor so I can do it myself with Holiday Island and more awesome stuff (also for his patience since I neglected GF64 in the meantime). Also thanks to radorn because the idea of Holiday Island in GE was his (there's no way I would have thought it was possible).

Both patches will also feature previous my maps (Kakariko, Peach's Castle and Forest Temple) with some improvements. You'll also be able to free roam them in 1P mode. Wink

Oh, and, hehe, I would recommend to play Holiday Island with turbo mode on because that level is BIG!

Rey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow!! Look at them plains hahahaah. Looking great.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:

Looking fantastic as ever Sogun. I do have to ask though, how many polygons is on that map? Looks like there a ton of them.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's available now!

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=278

There are two patches: one console oriented and another emulator oriented. This is because levels can perform better on emulators than on console (better framerate and more drawing distance).

If someone wonders why Holiday Island's sky is black in multi, that's because the level is too big vertically and it glitches the sky. The only way to fix it is by removing the clouds, and if you do so in a multi level then the sky turns black and not the primary color (fog turns primary color and looks bad).

EternallyAries
Blue Resort has 4,409 tris in the one-room version not counting the trees as props (then it's 4,489). This is the version you can play as solo and multi in the emulator patch and on console in solo mission mode.
Holiday Island has 12,704 in the one-room version where all objects are part of the background (emulator version in solo and multi). The splited version for console is around 13,500 tris counting props.

Both levels have a lot of tris and are very open. I won't be making more like these because they are a lot of work, hehe.

I have writen some articles as usual, but they are only in Spanish right now. I'll translate them tomorrow and post the links here.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun, I know you're busy, but would you consider adding "Port these maps to Perfect Dark" to your to-do list? These maps look fantastic, but I can't play them since my friends won't play on something as old as the N64, but if the maps were in PD then of course the sims would play on the maps whenever I liked.

Please consider this, as it would open the maps up to many more people than is presently possible.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I second that.. I think PD maybe more suited ?

I gave the two new levels a whirl on the 64drive and it's stills per second horrid framerate

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

I also want these maps to be ported to Perfect Dark, but I don't have time to keep all the proyects alive. Right now I should be focusing on Goldfinger 64, and I spent the last month and a half working exclusively on these two maps.

I don't have someone to play this maps against either, so playing with sims would be nice. I also preffer PD multi over GE because of all the customizables, new guns, new scenarios... there are so many possibilities.

Perfect Dark will help the console version too. Not only because the graphic engine is superior, but also because you can play as one player and that helps a lot. You only have to play the Solo missions to see it yourself.

When Goldfinger 64 is available I'll start working on the PD ports. Maybe I'll do a new map first for GE, but I'll try to do both releases in a short time.

mistamontiel
I know the framerate in Blue Resort for 2 players isn't very good (I think it's similar to Kakariko), but I didn't want to reduce drawing distance because that would make the tower useless. 3P plays smoother but you can't see very far.
But was Holiday Island framerate that bad? Maybe it's not as smooth as Peach's Castle, Forest Temple or the original GE maps, but I think it's very playable.

I have to agree these kind of maps so big and with so many open areas aren't fit for GE. The N64 can't keep with them, sadly. I won't probably try more of these.

Here are the making of articles for both maps:
Blue Resort -> http://sogunstudio.blogspot.com.es/2014/08/blue-resort-in-goldeneye.html
Holiday Island -> http://sogunstudio.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/holiday-island-in-goldeneye.html
There are some comments about polycounts but I didn't remember the numbers exactly, so I'll correct them after I check again.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Hi guys,

I also want these maps to be ported to Perfect Dark, but I don't have time to keep all the proyects alive. Right now I should be focusing on Goldfinger 64, and I spent the last month and a half working exclusively on these two maps.

Yes, I agree, and I suspect everyone would also agree, that Goldfinger 64 should take priority over everythng else. I really do want to play these new maps against sims, but I'd much rather wait for these and see Goldfinger 64 released first, especially if you can release it in the golden anniversary (fifty years) of the movie's release.

Quote:

I don't have someone to play this maps against either, so playing with sims would be nice. I also preffer PD multi over GE because of all the customizables, new guns, new scenarios... there are so many possibilities.

Perfect Dark will help the console version too. Not only because the graphic engine is superior, but also because you can play as one player and that helps a lot. You only have to play the Solo missions to see it yourself.

Yes, I'll only be playing those levels against sims, so one screen only. I am looking forward to having some large, open levels, but as you say below, they are very demanding both of the N64 and of your (you, as the person who makes/ports the maps) time and effort, so if in future you concentrate on more N64-frendly maps then fair enough. Just being able to play on Holiday Island (I love Pilotwings 64) will be amazing!

By the way, I've never been able to play your Rainforest level (same reason as for every other GE level, my friends have no taste!), even though I'd love to since it looks fantastic - would that be possible to be ported to Perfect Dark? I know it's not strictly appropriate for the pack since it's not a Nintendo map as such, but it would be a great bonus I think, especially since a moody, naturally-themed level would be such a contrast to the other maps.

Quote:

When Goldfinger 64 is available I'll start working on the PD ports. Maybe I'll do a new map first for GE,

If you're willing to then bring that map that you create to Perfect Dark, then please please PLEASE consider the Forest multiplayer level from The World is Not Enough (N64), as (in my opinion),

a) it's a very good multiplayer map,

b) it's very moody and foreboading, which is unusual for Goldeneye or Perfect Dark's multiplayer maps and so will make a good and unusual change (though if you included this map and your own Rainforest level, then they would complement one another superbly),

c) it would be great to have a natural and realistic map in GE/PD,

and

d) in my opinion, The World Is Not Enough isn't a great multiplayer game, but I'd really love to play this first class map in a first class game, and Perfect Dark would be perfect to play the game in. And this and Rainforest both playable in Perfect Dark would be brilliant. I know I'm asking a lot, for two such similar-ish games to be ported to Perfect Dark, but please consider this, as they'd make some players (especially me) very happy!

Quote:
but I'll try to do both releases in a short time.

That is *brilliant*!!!!!! Thanks, mate. But we don't mind waiting, of course - we know that quality work takes time, so don't make yourself sick from hurrying Wink

Quote:

Here are the making of articles for both maps:
Blue Resort -> http://sogunstudio.blogspot.com.es/2014/08/blue-resort-in-goldeneye.html
Holiday Island -> http://sogunstudio.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/holiday-island-in-goldeneye.html
There are some comments about polycounts but I didn't remember the numbers exactly, so I'll correct them after I check again.

Thanks for those, mate, and for converting them to English.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm alive and kicking! Cool

It's been two years with low activity from my part, but I'm really happy to announce that new maps are available for multiplayer.
They have been in the works for quite some time and I was finishing them really slowly.

Download link:
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=278

I already posted an early image from Big Boo's Haunt many years ago. That was the Super Mario 64 conversion I wanted to do the most. I think it fits as a multi map a lot.
You could say the map was ready on March 2015, but I wanted to add a couple of things that really pushed my patience to the limit. Those additions don't work as I wanted but still are good details. Maybe I can improve them in future releases.

Bob-Omb Battlefield was a quick experiment. I found the files (didn't extracted the map myself) and since it was low poly I thought it could work as is. It mostly did but it had issues with 4 players on console so I had to spend a little time fixing.
Console 2P plays fine but more than that it really lags. Emulator is a lot better.

I think people wishes for a Perfect Dark conversion better than more maps. I also want to do it but I don't have much free time now. There's also Goldfinger 64... I'll manage somehow but I don't know much it will take.

For now enjoy! Wink

I'll write some articles in my forgotten blog as usual. I'll post the link when I'm done.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very glad to hear it! I'll definitely be checking out this newest patch. I think Big Boo's Haunt could be really good. Is it split into rooms? In PD, you might even be able to have the spinning wheel in the basement - and an elevator to access between floors. And people love having Simulants, of course. Obviously more time and effort, but gives more playability. Anyway, great work with these!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 20 of 26

Jump to: