ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sogun's Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck

Big Boo's Haunt is nicely split into rooms. That makes the level run supersmooth on console. The outside of the mansion is one room, but the polycount isn't too high. I wonder how that will behave with lots of simulants.

Having the spinning wheel in the basement would be amazing. Same with elevators instead of the climbable grids that I made.

As promised, the two articles depicting the process:
Big Boo's Haunt -> http://sogunstudio.blogspot.com.es/2011/07/big-boos-haunt-in-goldeneye.html
Bob-Omb Battlefield -> http://sogunstudio.blogspot.com.es/2011/07/bob-omb-battlefield-in-goldeneye.html

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude , this is INCREDIBLE ! I remember when it was a wee three map pack

I'd like to say Island is wicked huge and Resort is a slideshow .. in Temple the water is so lush !!! And the new Battlefield and Haunt House were silky smooth

A new song played even but that was lots of luck .. wonder what song that is lol

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ENGLISH:

an incredibly great job as always shogun. I hope someday make a survey that levels of N64 (or any other possible platform, such as PS1, PS2 or PC) you will like to users who were at GE, PD or even Diddy Kon Racing or Mickey's Speedway USA hehe. Here dire favorite of mine:

GE and PD:
- Castlevania 64: Villa (especially inside the building) level (I think it is the third level of the game)
- Duke Nukem 64: The first level (I think it's called Hollywood Hollocaust)
- Mario Kart 64: Yoshi's Valley. it would be great to go and climb the bottom and even take a tour of the bottom apart is a good level labyrinth for ambushes.

to DKR and Mickey Speedway USA:
(Hehe may not have experience with these games, I do not.)
- Mario Kart 64: I would like that levels were Wario and Yoshi's Valley Stadium.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

I have nothing more to say to these patches "Nintendo Classics Maps" missing ambientarlos you a little with music, although it has to be done with instruments GE, especially with the sound of "Canticle" ringing in Surface 2 (very similar to PD sound when the N logo is changing the logo Rare). You can thanks to these sounds the music of Big Boo's Haunt and Forest Temple sound much more sinister than in the original game, with propieos instruments Ge and at the same time I think it would be fantastic to hear so.

Bomb Omb Battlefield in Castle Peach and can not imagine how it would sound the cover music, and Blue Resort I would make a kind of music Retro NES and SNES remembering.

Big Boo's Haunt is the level that I liked most of which have been launched lately. PD I guess this level will be hell for the King of the Hill. each of the rooms of the building have a gateway and an output luckily, even so there is not much for which to escape. for future versions if you plan to add alternative routes, to the more spacious or new routes to escape the ambushes level would be great. DP perhaps this level is more likely because it is possible to fall from some parts of the level.

SPANISH:
un increible y gran trabajo como siempre Sogun. espero que algun dia haga una encuesta sobre que niveles de N64 ( o de alguna otra plataforma posible, como PS1, PS2 o PC ) le gustarian a los usuarios que estuvieran en GE, PD o incluso en Diddy Kon Racing o Mickey Speedway USA jeje. a continuacion te dire los mios favoritos:

para GE y PD:
- Castlevania 64: el nivel Villa ( sobre todo el interior del edificio) ( creo que es el tercer nivel del juego)
- Duke Nukem 64: el Primer nivel ( creo que se llama Hollywood Hollocaust)
- Mario Kart 64 : Yoshi's Valley. seria genial poder recorrer y escalar la parte de abajo e incluso hacer un recorrido por la parte baja, aparte es un buen nivel como laberinto para emboscadas.

para DKR y Mickey Speedway USA:
(jeje tal vez no tengas experiencia con estos juegos, no lo se.)
- Mario kart 64: me gustaria que estuvieran los niveles Wario Stadium y Yoshi's Valley.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nada mas tengo que decir que a estos parches "Nintendo Classics Maps" le faltan ambientarlos un poco con musica ,aunque tenga que hacerse con instrumentos de GE, sobre todo con el sonido del "Cantico" que suena en Surface 2 ( es muy parecido al sonido de PD cuando el logo de N va cambiando a al logo de Rare ) . puede que gracias a estos sonidos la musica de Big Boo's Haunt y Forest Temple suenen mucho mas siniestro que en el juego original, con los instrumentos propieos de Ge y la misma vez pienso que seria fantastico escucharlo asi.

en Bomb Omb Battlefield y el Castillo de Peach no me imagino como sonaria la musica portada, y en Blue Resort yo haria una especie de musica Retro recordando a NES y SNES.

Big Boo's Haunt es el nivel que mas me ha gustado de los que se han lanzado ultimamente. en PD supongo que este nivel sera un infierno para el Rey de la Colina. cada una de la habitaciones del edificio tienen una puerta de entrada y otra de salida por suerte, aun asi no hay mucho sitio por el que poder escapar. si para futuras versiones tienes pensado añadir rutas alternativas, para hacer el nivel mas espacioso o con nuevas rutas para escapar de las emboscadas seria genial. en PD tal vez este nivel tenga mas posibilidades debido a que es posible caerse desde algunos lugares del nivel.

gracias y hasta pronto.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
ENGLISH:

an incredibly great job as always shogun. I hope someday make a survey that levels of N64 (or any other possible platform, such as PS1, PS2 or PC) you will like to users who were at GE, PD or even Diddy Kon Racing or Mickey's Speedway USA hehe. Here dire favorite of mine:

GE and PD:
- Castlevania 64: Villa (especially inside the building) level (I think it is the third level of the game)
- Duke Nukem 64: The first level (I think it's called Hollywood Hollocaust)
- Mario Kart 64: Yoshi's Valley. it would be great to go and climb the bottom and even take a tour of the bottom apart is a good level labyrinth for ambushes.

to DKR and Mickey Speedway USA:
(Hehe may not have experience with these games, I do not.)
- Mario Kart 64: I would like that levels were Wario and Yoshi's Valley Stadium.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

I have nothing more to say to these patches "Nintendo Classics Maps" missing ambientarlos you a little with music, although it has to be done with instruments GE, especially with the sound of "Canticle" ringing in Surface 2 (very similar to PD sound when the N logo is changing the logo Rare). You can thanks to these sounds the music of Big Boo's Haunt and Forest Temple sound much more sinister than in the original game, with propieos instruments Ge and at the same time I think it would be fantastic to hear so.

Bomb Omb Battlefield in Castle Peach and can not imagine how it would sound the cover music, and Blue Resort I would make a kind of music Retro NES and SNES remembering.

Big Boo's Haunt is the level that I liked most of which have been launched lately. PD I guess this level will be hell for the King of the Hill. each of the rooms of the building have a gateway and an output luckily, even so there is not much for which to escape. for future versions if you plan to add alternative routes, to the more spacious or new routes to escape the ambushes level would be great. DP perhaps this level is more likely because it is possible to fall from some parts of the level.

SPANISH:

un increible y gran trabajo como siempre Sogun. espero que algun dia haga una encuesta sobre que niveles de N64 ( o de alguna otra plataforma posible, como PS1, PS2 o PC ) le gustarian a los usuarios que estuvieran en GE, PD o incluso en Diddy Kon Racing o Mickey Speedway USA jeje. a continuacion te dire los mios favoritos:

para GE y PD:
- Castlevania 64: el nivel Villa ( sobre todo el interior del edificio) ( creo que es el tercer nivel del juego)
- Duke Nukem 64: el Primer nivel ( creo que se llama Hollywood Hollocaust)
- Mario Kart 64 : Yoshi's Valley. seria genial poder recorrer y escalar la parte de abajo e incluso hacer un recorrido por la parte baja, aparte es un buen nivel como laberinto para emboscadas.

para DKR y Mickey Speedway USA:
(jeje tal vez no tengas experiencia con estos juegos, no lo se.)
- Mario kart 64: me gustaria que estuvieran los niveles Wario Stadium y Yoshi's Valley.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nada mas tengo que decir que a estos parches "Nintendo Classics Maps" le faltan ambientarlos un poco con musica ,aunque tenga que hacerse con instrumentos de GE, sobre todo con el sonido del "Cantico" que suena en Surface 2 ( es muy parecido al sonido de PD cuando el logo de N va cambiando a al logo de Rare ) . puede que gracias a estos sonidos la musica de Big Boo's Haunt y Forest Temple suenen mucho mas siniestro que en el juego original, con los instrumentos propieos de Ge y la misma vez pienso que seria fantastico escucharlo asi.

en Bomb Omb Battlefield y el Castillo de Peach no me imagino como sonaria la musica portada, y en Blue Resort yo haria una especie de musica Retro recordando a NES y SNES.

Big Boo's Haunt es el nivel que mas me ha gustado de los que se han lanzado ultimamente. en PD supongo que este nivel sera un infierno para el Rey de la Colina. cada una de la habitaciones del edificio tienen una puerta de entrada y otra de salida por suerte, aun asi no hay mucho sitio por el que poder escapar. si para futuras versiones tienes pensado añadir rutas alternativas, para hacer el nivel mas espacioso o con nuevas rutas para escapar de las emboscadas seria genial. en PD tal vez este nivel tenga mas posibilidades debido a que es posible caerse desde algunos lugares del nivel.

gracias y hasta pronto.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really enjoyed Big Boo's Haunt. I almost hate saying it, but it's becoming more present in my thoughts, that Perfect Dark would likely benefit some maps. Being able to utilize drops more easily, incorporating lifts or moving / rotating platforms, playing against computer opponents, additional game modes, etc. Don't get me wrong, my heart belongs to GoldenEye, but my mind has been leaning toward PD for the advancements it has over GE.

For the moving bookshelf, could you not use the flag that prevents doors from moving past their frame? GE does this fairly often. That way it could open in the opposite direction, without moving into the other walkway. You'd need to mess around with movement speed for it, as that's a bit tricky.

Edit: Sent you a PM.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I almost hate saying it, but it's becoming more present in my thoughts, that Perfect Dark would likely benefit some maps.

I wasn't going to say it, as I'd be risking repeating myself, but as someone who almost never finds anyone to play GE against (most of my mates won't play such an 'outdated' Twisted Evil game) I'd really, really like to play these maps in PD, so I could play against the sims. Plus I also prefer the Perfect Dark weapons to Goldeneye's (yes, such people exist!), so I'd be doubly happy!

I can hope!

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ENGLISH:

As I've tried the patch and played I've come across some minor flaws, some of them are old now, I suppose, but I can not imagine they've been overlooked for so long.

Big Boo's Haunt:
- the large window on the first floor that communicates a room with the Library, when firing with penetrating weapons like the Cougar Magnum, it is not possible that penetrate the shot towards the other room. Another problem with this window is that it only has bullet holes in some areas only, especially in the central area of ​​the glass, and the rest does not seem to have any effect.

Kakariko Village:
- I think that the wheel of the mill should be turned slightly since it hides one of the windows of the mill and that prevents the player who is in the part to see the bottom of the level to shoot from there.

Peach Castle:
- the shots to the pictures do not leave a bullet hole and they cross them, including those of the grenade launcher and rocket launchers.

For levels, Big Boo's Haunt, Forest Temple, and Peach Castle:
- the flames of the torches do not move and leave a stain on Big Boo'sHaunt, sometimes you can see this spot by the superiror part of the doors and look like cobwebs). Can I suggest changing them for the candles or candlesticks that exist Forest Temple? Or even for some cobwebs? To see that you like more.

ESPAÑOL:

a medida que he probado el parche y jugado me he encontrado con algunos pequeños defectos, algunos de ellos ya son viejos supongo, pero no puedo inmaginar que los haya pasado por alto tanto tiempo.

Big Boo's Haunt:
- la gran ventana de la primera planta que comunica una habitacion con la Biblioteca, al disparar con armas penetrantes como el Cougar Magnum, no se consigue que penetre el disparo hacia la otra habitacion. otro de los problemas con esta ventana es que solo le salen los agujeros de bala en algunas zonas solamente, especialemtne en la zona central del cristal, y en el resto no parece tener ningun efecto.

Kakariko Village:
- pienso que se deberia girar la rueda del molino un poco ya que oculta una de la ventanas del molino y eso impide al jugador que esta en la parte de arriba ver la parte de abajo del nivel para disparar desde alli.

Peach Castle:
- los disparos a los cuadros no dejan agujero de bala y los atraviesan, incloso los del lanzagrandas y lanzacohetes.

Para los niveles, Big Boo's Haunt, Forest Temple, y Peach Castle:
- las llamas de las antorchas no se mueven y dejan una mancha en Big Boo'sHaunt, a veces se puede ver esta mancha por la parte superiror de las puertas y parecen telarañas ). puedo sugerir cambiarlas por las velas o candelabros que existen Forest Temple? o incluso por algunas telarañas ?. a ver que te gusta mas.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I joined this community almost 6 years ago ( Shocked ) my biggest interest was Perfect Dark. I considered it a far superior game than GoldenEye in every aspect. I still do. I thought that if I were to create something I would focus in PD and ignore GE.

I did Kakariko in GE first because it was the simplier game (so it was easier to learn) and I knew that porting things to PD was relatively fast (I learned that from my first project).
There are two big differences: clipping and simulants.
Clipping is even easier than GE since you don't have to worry about tiles connecting perfectly. It's hard to have clipping bugs like in GE, which are a pain to fix sometimes. You can even make clipping in a minute thanks to Editor (although a handmade clipping can give you better results).
But sims are another matter. I learned from my port to Kakariko that there's a lot of trial an error setting the pads and tags for them. This is very time consuming, especially if you have places where they can kneel, climb or fall.

That's why I left aside Perfect Dark ports for the moment. Also because since the amount of custom textures and custom objects is getting bigger and bigger, porting them to PD and fix the IDs so they work as well as in GE will take a while too.

I think the most obscure part of my work is transforming the levels from a different game to the GE/PD engine. Once that's done it's somehow easy but time consuming to port the maps to the PD rom. I was hoping someone would already be interested in doing it. Razz

But as Wreck said, there are some very good additions that can be done to levels when ported to PD. For example, in Kakariko Village the windmill blades rotate and can be used as protection when sniping (this was already done thanks to Wreck). In Forest Temple we can have the elevator that takes you to the basement (those rooms are already in the map). In Big Boo's Haunt maybe we can have the rotating merry-go-round too. We can have bikes for Holiday Island...

There are four maps left to complete the GE multi (5 if I replace the Random spot). I don't have ideas for all 5, though. I have more maps in mind that will be more suited for PD because of the size.

But I don't want to replace just maps. It would be nice to have custom music too. There's already the Kakariko Village theme that was rearranged by Omegacop_jp. But I want something a little different. Not just ports of the original music from those maps, but other themes that would suit multiplayer action (maybe even remixes, hehe). Like Gerudo Valley or some Jet Force Gemini Tunes.
I have to make a list of themes I would like to include (but they should be N64) and find a way to put them in, hehe.

I also considered costumes. The idea was to release this patch with some of them but I didn't have time to try them. I wanted to modify some of the developers characters with custom textures so they were dressed like Nintendo characters. Imagine Mario Hollis, Link Ellis or Wario Lobb. Laughing
But I don't know how feasible it might be. I would prefer to expand options rather than replacing things.

And the last crazy idea was replacing weapons.
I once tried to use the Master Sword as a knife, but since the model was like 1400 tris or so it didn't work. I removed most of the sword and left just the blade and it did! But I never returned to that project.
My idea is having 'The man with the Golden Gun' with the Master Sword instead of the golden gun and make it one hit kill too (but now close combat and unlimited slashes, hehe Cool ).
Although I know a lot of people will think it isn't a good idea. I'll keep the craziest stuff for the last patch (whenever that is).

And I'll be renaming my map compilation to Golden Nintendo Maps (I plan on making a logo and modifying the intro screens) so it will be easier to differenciate from the PD patch which will be named Perfect Nintendo Maps. I think those are cooler names.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that having custom weapons, based on other Nintendo games, would be great. The Master Sword is a good idea, for sure. DK64 had some special weapons for each character. Like Diddy's peanut shooters, or the mango grenades. Depends on what games you're thinking of including under the Nintendo umbrella.

Extra characters would also be fun. I had considered it for GE-X, but I'd like to avoid using as much other licensed content as possible. For your packs, that shouldn't be an issue, though. It's clearly meant as a celebration of Nintendo, after all.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having Link and Mario as playable characters would be a neat novelty. It wouldn't be too difficult to port over the characters to the ge rig.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
When I joined this community almost 6 years ago ( Shocked ) my biggest interest was Perfect Dark. I considered it a far superior game than GoldenEye in every aspect. I still do. I thought that if I were to create something I would focus in PD and ignore GE.

I think PD is better than GE, too, but most people here prefer GE (they are my two favorite games ever).

Anyway, thanks for the detailed post, it's very interesting, and great to know that you do plan to convert the maps to PD (which will be fantastic!). I didn't know that the sims would require so much effort to get to work right.

Also, I know you must be sick of map requests, but if I can just suggest one, the War: Colours level from Conker's Bad Fur Day would be good, especially for capture the flag and sniping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoobfXkfN2U

(how do you link to videos from this forum?)

But if you don't like the level then fair enough. Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing your levels in Perfect Dark, I know it might be a long time yet, but it will be well worth it when that day comes!

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My top priority is adding more maps to the list.

I'll work in custom music, costumes and weapons once those are finished and ported to Perfect Dark.
Someone else working in the music while I find time to port new levels will be appreciated. Same with someone else porting the maps to Perfect Dark even if I was planning to do some changes in a couple of them. Smile

Kerr Avon. Unfortunately I can't rip Conker's maps properly with the plugin I'm using. I wanted to do Count Batula's Mansion and all I was able to rip was a background full of missing triangles and lots of untextured polygons.
Maybe I can find a way around, but first I'm going to try other more feasible maps.

I'm open to suggestions. There are 5 spots left and I'm running out of ideas. Here's the status of some maps that I have in mind:

-Bottom of the Well from Zelda - Ocarina of Time. This one was suggested by a youtube user and I think it will be a nice multi map. Especially in Perfect Dark where players will be able to fall from fake floors like in the original game.

-ClockTown from Zelda - Majora's Mask. I wanted to do as in Kakariko where you can enter all the houses but this time that won't work for ClockTown. The interiors are too big and will glitch the map with bullets hitting invisible walls (that's why I had to redo the Kakariko potion shop). The exterior area alone isn't enough, in my opinion. I would need to redo most of the interior areas and that will take a lot of time. So if I ever come back to this map it will be at the very end.

-Sekhmet from Jet Force Gemini. I would love to port this map but it's very big and high poly. It will probably not work any good in GoldenEye. Perfect Dark is more suitable with floating platforms and up to 8 simulants. I don't even know if all the areas will fit perfectly. This map also goes at the end of the list.

-Tawfret ruins and catacombs from Jet Force Gemini. Both areas would work as separate multi maps (well, the catacombs may be too small) but I think it's a nice concept of a two floor map, with open areas above and a labyrinth underneath. Maybe some changes need to be done here and there in order to merge both areas properly. Maybe some interiors like the temple need to be redone too.

-Hollywood Holocaust from Duke Nukem 3D. I already had this one in mind before SATURN_81 suggested it because I like the level design a lot. It isn't very Nintendish and I would try to port the PC version instead of the N64 one. Not sure how I will do it and if people will expect a map like this in the compilation.

-Wreck already suggested some Banjo Tooie and Donkey Kong 64 multi maps. I'm not familiar at all with these games. I beated Dk64 but never played multi. He wants me to take a look to Targitzan's Temple, Ordnance Storage and Clanker's Cavern.
That reminds me that Wreck already ported Icicle Pyramid from Diddy kong Racing to GE even if it was as an experiment and there's still work to do. I didn't thought of it, but it seems it will work as a multi very well.

I don't know when I'll retake this project. But throw as many ideas and suggestions as you want. Wink

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Colors would be a awesome map! I was able to successfully rip bar boys From coolers bad fur day and port it to banjo kazooie if you would like that file I could send it to you. I could try getting colors for you but you would likely need to deleted some extra geometry but i can clean it up as much as I Can

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jhirmer614 wrote:
Colors would be a awesome map! I was able to successfully rip bar boys From coolers bad fur day and port it to banjo kazooie if you would like that file I could send it to you. I could try getting colors for you but you would likely need to deleted some extra geometry but i can clean it up as much as I Can

I don't know which level is "Bar boys" but it wouldn't hurt to have the files and take a look. I'll need the OBJ with the MTL and the textures in BMP or PNG format.
If you can rip Colours that would be fantastic! I'm very interested in the method and programs you use to do it. If you can explain it to me maybe I can rip maps from other games that the Nemu plugin doesn't work with.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My guess is that you will probably need to rip the map directly from rom rather than from emulation.

Its also intersting that it had untextured triangles, similar to what factor5 did with Naboo to increase draw distances, perhaps you can use a similar technique. with areas you can see but never go simply shaded (since textures would probably be at TileMax anyway)

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 21 of 26

Jump to: