ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sogun's Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I went back to the files I ripped from CBFD and realized that this games handles backgrounds very different from other games (or at least the plugin does).
It doesn't render chuncks of backgrounds like rooms in PD/GE and Zelda or full levels like Mario 64, but it discards the triangles you don't see. It isn't perfect since there are some triangles that are there that you shouldn't see, but you get the idea.
So the polygon mesh with lots of missing triangles is actually ripping what's on screen and more. In order to rip the full level I need to move to every corner and look in every direction, then merge all of it and remove redundant polygons. The big question is if I'll need to reorient all the different rips I'll do or if they'll keep the same coord axis.

Batula's Mansion looks like a lot of work. Really a nightmare:

Colors seems more straight forward:

Polygonwise Colors will be tricky. The exterior seems pretty simple but the total amount of polygons is higher than Kakariko Village. It would be cool to have no fog but I'm not sure if it's possible. Depends on how I do portals and the amount of polygons that are actually outside.

So it looks the Nemu plugin works with Conker. Very Happy

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like they are doing a load cull rather than a render cull.

Interesting way of doing things, saves memory but increases ROM access.

Does conker need and expansion pak? If not maybe this is the reason. If it had accepted the expansion pak then they could have loaded the level into memory and just used the render cull.

Though, it really would be interesting to see the difference between the 2 methods.

Trev

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ENGLISH:

My experience with NEMU and MeshLab:

2 years ago was the last time (I did not do it again due to problems with the PC) I did this with the Nemu plugin:

- I extract part of the geometry and then open MeshLab, so that I can see (for example a room that has been extracted from a game), partially a part of the extracted.
- to continue extracting, I try not to move too far from the area of ​​the last extraction and continue to extract or tear another part of the geometry of the level.
- I open again the last extraction in MeshLab and you should see the last extraction coinciding geometrically with the penultimate extraction.

I think that is how a correct extraction works, what I mean is that extraction takes the order of geometry. The problem is with some games like Doom, Nightmare Creatures, where the geometry of the first extraction is mixed or remains mounted on the geometry of the second extraction. Other problems of the Nemu plugin are that they do not load some games, among them all the games of Turok N64.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------

Do you want your maps to be those of Nintendo's official games? Well there are games that are not specially produced by nintendo but if they are exclusive to the nintendo 64 console. There are also games from other platforms that have exclusive levels only for N64. I think that some unofficial nintendo games have also influenced the N64, some of them adapted to the console, really unique and that left nostalgia, I will mention some of them (I quote those that I think have fantastic levels and can adapt to The GE and PD games):

-Castlevania 64: is the only game in 3d of the saga and was produced for this console
-Doom
-Duke Nukem
-Nightmare Creatures
-Quake 1 and 2
- all Turok games.
-TWINE.

If you say you run out of ideas I can suggest the map of Zelda OOT, Gerudo's Fortress along with the dungeon Thives Hideout. This level looks like a labyrinthine zone and would be great for players looking for other players who enter and exit inwards and outwards and see where they are lost. I suppose that joining the dungeons of this level can be a work similar to performing the interiors of the houses for Kakariko Village.

SPANISH:

Mi experiencia con NEMU y MeshLab:

hace 2 años fue la ultima vez( no he vuelto a hacerlo debido problemas con el PC) que hice esto con el plugin Nemu:

- extraigo parte de la geometria y luego abro MeshLab , de forma que puedo ver ( por ejemplo una habitacion que haya extraido de un juego ), parcialmente una parte de lo extraido.
- para seguir extrayendo , procuro no alejarme demasiado de la zona de la ultima extracion y continuacion vuelvo a extraer o rasgar otra parte de la geometria del nivel.
- abro de nuevo la ultima extraccion en MeshLab y se deberia de ver la ultima extraccion coincidiendo geometricamente con la penultima extraccion.

pienso que es asi como funciona una correcta extraccion, lo que quiero decir es que esa extraccion mantenga el orden de geometria. el problema es con algunos juegos como Doom, Nightmare Creatures, donde la geometria de la primera extraccion se mezcla o se queda montada sobre la geometria de la segunda extraccion. otros problemas del plugin Nemu son que no cargan algunos juegos, entre ellos todos los juegos de Turok N64.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quieres que tus mapas sean los de los juegos ofciales de Nintendo? bueno hay juegos que no son especialmente producidos por nintendo pero si son exlusivos para la consola nintendo 64. tambien estan los juegos de otras plataformas que tienen niveles exclusivos sola para N64. pienso que algunos juegos no oficiales de nintendo tambien han influido en N64, algunos de ellos adaptados a la consola, realmente unicos y que dejaron nostalgia, voy a citar algunos de ellos (cito los que pienso que tienen niveles fantasticos y que se pueden adaptar a los juegos GE y PD):

-Castlevania 64: es el unico juego en 3d de la saga y fue producido para esta consola
-Doom
-Duke Nukem
-Nightmare Creatures
-Quake 1 y 2
- todos los juegos de Turok.
-TWINE.

si dices que te quedas sin ideas yo le puedo sugerir el mapa de Zelda OOT, Gerudo's Fortress junto con la mazmorra Thives Hideout. este nivel parece por dentro una zona laberintica y estaria muy bien para jugadores que buscan a otros jugadores que entran y salen hacia el interior y el exterior y ver por donde se pierden. supongo que unir las mazmorras de este nivel puede ser un trabajo parecido a realizar los interiores de las casas para Kakariko Village.

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey sogun i sent you the files for Barn Boys in a message you should have.

When i ripped the map all i used was the 1964 program with the obj dump and took snapshots from each side of the map, then cleaned out all the overlapping geometry in blender until it was good to go. it was a pain in the ass but this is what i got out of it in the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5luj-gzC88

it seems like you are doing the same things with the other maps. with colors id recommend doing that, but thats up to you if you want get colors into the mod. it would be a neat map with bots Razz

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jhirmer614 wrote:
Hey sogun i sent you the files for Barn Boys in a message you should have.

When i ripped the map all i used was the 1964 program with the obj dump and took snapshots from each side of the map, then cleaned out all the overlapping geometry in blender until it was good to go. it was a pain in the ass but this is what i got out of it in the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5luj-gzC88

it seems like you are doing the same things with the other maps. with colors id recommend doing that, but thats up to you if you want get colors into the mod. it would be a neat map with bots Razz

Thanks for the files!

Now I know what level you meant. Unfortunately I don't see it working as a multiplayer level. It's too vertical and open and I don't think GE/PD splitscreen will handle it too well. I already had a lot of issues with Kakariko, Blue Resort and Holiday Island. But I'll keep the files just in case.

I see that you are into Banjo Kazooie hacks. I've seen some of your videos and they are amazing! I didn't know Banjo hacks worked on real hardware. That Kokiri Forest reimagine looks and plays really good.

@SATURN_81

The original idea is having levels from other Nintendo 64 games converted as multiplayer levels for GE and PD. They don't need to be exclusive, but that adds to the charm. It would be good that they are also popular.
That's why I'm hesitating with the Duke Nukem 3D level, because it's classic but it isn't a Nintendo exclusive and it isn't as popular as others.
But my real concern is that the map plays well for multi.

I thought of Gerudo Fortress plus Thieves Hideout too, but I think the inside doesn't match the outside areas. I'll have to check. I'm not sure how high poly is the exterior.
For now I'll try to avoid maps that need a lot of custom background. Kakariko interiors were already done. I only had to texture them and remake the potion shop.

-----------

La idea original es convertir niveles de otros juegos de Nintendo 64 a mapas multijugador de GE y PD. No es necesario que sean exclusivos, pero eso le añade encanto. También sería bueno que fuesen populares.
Por eso me lo estoy pensando en el caso de Duke Nukem 3D, porque es clásico, pero no es exclusivo de Nintendo y habrá otros mapas más populares.
Pero realmente lo que me preocupa es que los mapas funcionen bien para el modo multijugador.
Yo también pensé en la Fortaleza Gerudo con el laberinto interior, pero creo que la parte interior no coincide con la exterior. Tendría que comprobarlo. Tampoco estoy seguro de si el exterior tiene demasiada carga poligonal.
De momento quiero evitar mapas que requieran improvisar muchas areas nuevas. Los interiores de Kakariko ya estaban hechos. Sólo tuve que texturizarlos y crear la tienda de pociones de cero.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ENGLISH:

I try to think of practical maps, which I think can fit into GE and PD, even in multiplayer modes. By emblematic, unique or exclusive I understand a little what I mean Turok Dinosaur Hunter, which was one of the first games to arrive at N64 along with GE, in this game surprises the immense maps, the maps are a little linear and not with many routes , Yet has many climbing areas and palm trees.

More practical for multiplayer can be maps of Castlevania games, Duke Nukem or 40 Winks, which usually have more routes.

In the last two and a half years I have not been able to devote myself to the creative part and to the learning of map creation and handling of the Configuration Editor for both own problems and problems with the previous computer. Ahore I'm thinking of going back, although this time I have to start from scratch to learn everything again, besides that I have for some time the old computer with windows 7 and another with windows 8, which I find difficult to understand, in which I would have to Install the necessary programs that you use in your day for the creation of maps.

By the way Sogun, yesterday browsing the forums of DeleD, I found a new version. Here you can enter DeleD without needing to download the program, it seems that the interface has been slightly retouched. Which is not if it brings some newness with respect to the old version that can be downloaded. Did you know any of this? Do you notice any difference? To me it gives me the sensation that it has a motor much more fluid and fast. To open it you have to go to where it puts designer and you will open the new DeleD, this is the page:

https://beta.deled.io

SPANISH:

procuro pensar en mapas practicos, que pienso que puedan encajar en GE y PD, incluso en los modos multijugador. por emblematico, unico o exlusivo entiendo un poco lo que significo Turok Dinosaur Hunter, que fue uno de los primeros juegos en llegar a N64 junto con GE, en este juego sorprende los inmensos mapas, los mapas son un poco lineales y no con muchas rutas, aun asi tiene muchas zonas para escalar y palmeras.

mas practicos para multiplayer pueden ser los mapas de los juegos Castlevania, Duke Nukem o 40 Winks, que suelen tener mas rutas.

en los 2 ultimos dos años y medio no he podido dedicarme a la parte creativa y al aprendizaje de creacion de mapas y manejo del Editor de configuracion tanto por porblemas propios como los problemas con el anterior ordenador. ahore estoy pensando en volver, aunque este vez tengo que empezar desde cero a aprender de nuevo todo, ademas de que tengo desde hace tiempo el viejo ordenador con windows 7 y otro con windows 8, los cuales me cuesta entender, en los cuales tendria que instalar los progamas necesarios que use en su dia para la creacion de mapas.

por cierto Sogun, ayer navegando por los foros de DeleD, me encontre una nueva version . aqui puedes entrar a DeleD sin necesidad de descargar el programa, parece que le han retocado un poco la interfaz. lo que no se es si trae alguna novedad con respecto a la version antigua que puede descargarse. sabias algo de esto? notas alguna diferencia mas?. a mi me da la sensacion de que tiene un motor mucho mas fluido y rapido. para abrirlo tienes que ir a donde pone designer y se te abrira el nuevo DeleD, esta es la pagina:

https://beta.deled.io

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ENGLISH:

Hello again Sogun:

I've thought of new Zelda OOT maps that come to mind and maybe they can work separately or together. Some of them may be good for the GEX project:

- Kokiri Forest
- Deku Tree
- Lost Woods
- Goron City
- Death Mountain
- Dodongo Cavern
- Hyrule Field
- Hyrule Castle
- Market
- Temple of Time
- Farm
- Lake Hylia
- Zora River
- Gerudo Valley
- Temple of Fire
- Temple of Light (and the outskirts of this level)

Possible combinations that I have thought:
- Kokiri Forest + Lost Woods + Deku Tree
- Kokiri Forest + Lost Woods
- Kokiri Forest + Deku Tree
- Goron City + Death Mountain
- Goron City + Deat Mountain + Dodongo Cavern (this would be too immense perhaps)
- Hyrule Field + Market + Temple of Time + Hyrule Castle + Farm + Lake Hylia + Zora River + Gerudo Valley (the latter is perhaps much larger than the previous one, and Kakariko Village may be missing along with the Graveyard)

The jumps roads and routes and their adaptation to GE, PD or GEX engines, I think they are left in the imagination of each hehe. I made this selection of maps because I see them possible to adapt them, besides perceiving them as maps with a variety of routes. It is possible that I have forgotten some map maybe, so far I think they are enough.

SPANISH:

hola de nuevo Sogun:

he pensado en nuevos mapas de Zelda OOT que se me vienen a la cabeza y que tal vez puedan funcionar por separado o juntos. algunos de ellos puede que les venga bien al proyecto GEX:

- Bosque Kokiri
- Deku Tree
- Lost Woods
- Goron City
- Death Mountain
- Dodongo Cavern
- Hyrule Field
- Hyrule Castle
- Marke
- Temple of Time
- Farm
- Lake Hylia
- Rio Zora
- Gerudo Valley
- Temple of Fire
- Temple of Light (y las afueras de este nivel)

combinaciones posibles que he pensado:
- Bosque Kokiri + Lost Woods +Deku Tree
- Bosque Kokiri + Lost Woods
- Bosque Kokiri + Deku Tree
- Goron City + Death Mountain
- Goron City + Deat Mountain + Dodongo Cavern ( esto seria demasiado inmenso quizas)
- Hyrule Field +Market + Temple of Time +Hyrule Castle +Farm + Lake Hylia + Zora River + Gerudo Valley ( este ultimo es quizas mucho mas inmenso que el anterior, y puede que falte Kakariko Village junto con el Graveyard )

los saltos caminos y rutas y su adaptacion a los motores GE, PD o GEX, creo que quedan en la inmaginacion de cada uno jeje. hice esta selecion de mapas por que los veo posibles adaptarlos, ademas de percibirlos como mapas con variedad de rutas. es posible que me haya olvidado de algun mapa quizas, hasta ahora creo que son suficientes.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found some free time on Xmas and worked in my GE/PD/GF64 maps.

Since Icicle Pyramid was an easy port thanks to the Editor 3.0 (it only took one day to do 95% of it, then little tweaks in the following days before going to bed) I looked into Jet Force Gemini.

My favourite JFG map to port was Sekhmet, but there were other Tawfret maps that I had in mind. These were originally the castle at the end of Tawfret were you fight the boss and the ruined town were you find Floyd plus the underground catacombs. At first I discarted the castle, but since I noticed it was already a multiplayer map (I didn't play much JFG deathmaches back in the day and I didn't remember this one was one of the maps) I did a quick port.
It turned out that the JFG multiplayer background has slightly different architecture but also a lot of lacking details such as shading, water and lower res textures. So I ripped and joined the two-part original castle and created a new multiplayer map from it.

Now the level layout is more appealing and works better as a multiplayer map. The size of the map feels perfect. Something like Bunker 2.
I think the PD version will play even better because there are a lot of sniping spots that I can add (you need ladders to get there, but ladders in GE multi are very unfair so I'm skipping them in this one).

I wonder if I can improve the level visuals with some animated water textures. I know something can be done but I don't know how.
The level is 20% bigger than I originally intended because Jaws head doesn't fit in a catwalk. I'll probably rise that ceiling and return to the original size.

I haven't tested it on console yet, but it should run pretty smooth.
EDIT: Just tested it on console and while it performs very well the overlayed textures have a lot of problems and I don't know why. Actually it isn't just the overlayed textures but all the textures with the transparency tag on.

I looked into the ruined town files and they don't fit at all, so that map won't make it. This ruined castle looks like a lot of fun so it's not like a big loss.
Sekhmet will be hard even to see if the different parts fit. Since the rooms in the different parts share the same ID numbers and fixing them so I can join them will take some time I'll leave it for now. Some parts don't seem to fit at all, so maybe this map can't be done without lots of sacrifices.

-----------------

So in my previous message I said there were 4 slots left (5 if I remove Random) and I was listening to suggestions.

Since then Icicle Pyramid and Tawfret Ruins have been added. I also said that Bottom of the Well from Ocarina of Time will make it, and Colors from Conker's Bad Fur Day looks promissing and will probably be there.

That means there's only one slot left!

I looked at some Banjo Tooie maps on youtube and Targitzan's Temple and another one (forgot the name) seemed funny. But I won't know until I play them myself.

Make suggestions for that last slot. It has to be a very good map, hehe.

Happy 2017 to everyone!!!

------------------

@SATURN_81

Thanks for the suggestions but I don't think I'll do more Zelda related maps. There's already Kakariko Vilalge, Forest Temple and Bottom of the Well will be made. I think that's enough and the compilation needs some variety (there's 3 Mario 64 maps too).

As for your question in the GE:X topic about a full multiplayer PD rom it can be done. Not exactly as you want with Challenges replacing the Solo Missions Campaing, but I think we can make all the maps in the rom multiplayer.
I'd have to take a look at it but I know we can expand the list and that there are unused files were we can add new maps in.
I think we can also turn the solo mission maps to multiplayer without using any new slots. (not really sure about this one).
There are 61 slots for maps, but I think some slots share some files so it won't be 61 multiplayer maps. Although maybe there are more unused files that we can use.
This will need some investigation.

CASTELLANO

Gracias por las sugerencias pero no creo que vaya a añadir más mapas de los juegos de Zelda. Ya están incluidos el Pueblo Kakariko y el Templo del Bosque, y voy a hacer el Fondo del Pozo. La recopilación necesita variedad, y también hay 3 mapas de Mario 64.

Respecto a tu pregunta en el hilo de GE:X preguntando si era posible hacer una rom sólo enfocada en el multijugador sí que puede hacerse. No exactamente como quieres sustituyendo las Misiones por los Desfíos, pero creo que sí que se puede hacer que todos los mapas sean multijugador.
Tendría que mirarlo a fondo, pero sé que se puede aumentar la lista de mapas y que hay archivos sin usar en los que añadir los nuevos mapas. Creo que incluso podemos convertir las misiones en mapas multijugador sin usar nuevos huecos (aunque esto no lo sé seguro).
Hay 61 huecos para poner mapas en la rom, pero creo que algunos huecos comparten archivos así que serán menos mapas. Aunque puede que haya más archivos sin usar que podamos sustituir.
Habría que investigar.

Feliz Año Nuevo.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not familiar with the map (still haven't played JFG yet, dangit), but it looks pretty cool. With PD, you might be able to change the water textures with ones that can animate (for the waterfall or other running streams). Won't look the same, but the affect may be worth it. Hopefully you can sort out any texture issues there are on console.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really wonder how much polygons is Colors from Conker. Doesn't seem that much at first look, but I remember it ran quite slow with 2 players already.

So there's only a few slot of moving textures ? I remember seeing such thing in the editor. I tought it was just some setting you could add to any textures...

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This weekend I've been working on the Colors map and it's looking very promising!

The main exterior area is 1033 and I was very afraid that the level wouldn't load at all. Full map is 1844 tris.
At first I attempted splitting that area in three rooms matching the current polygons (instead of creating an straight split like I did in Kakariko, Blue Resort and Holiday Island) because I didn't want to rise the polycount any higher. It turned out that I had lots of portals issues.
Next I tried the exterior area as one room and it not only loads in multiplayer, but it also plays very smooth in 2P. 4P is very laggy (as you would expect) and I didn't try 3P. On emu it runs quite well, specially with Counter Factor 1.
I still haven't added the guns and ammo crates, so that's probably going to impact performance. We'll see.

Some small tweaks in clipping and background are needed so you "can't see outside the map". And I need to model some new rooms to connect a couple of places. There's shading left too.

-----------

Before attempting Colors I started with the Bottom of the Well from Ocarina of Time and then it didn't look like a good idea for a multi map. Lots of death ends and ladders that don't suit GE or PD.

I looked back at Clocktown from Majora's Mask and maybe I'll try an only exterior version of it. I'm a little concerned about the amount of textures. It was really nuts thinking that a full town map with all the interiors would fit into memory. Laughing

-----------

Icicle Pyramid, Tawfret Ruins and Colors make three maps from three Rare games. I need to take a look at Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo Tooie. Maybe I can complete the compilation with a Rare pack.

Of course, I'm still open to suggestions!

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Time to give a quick update of this project.

All 11 multiplayer maps have been replaced with new custom maps:

-Peach's Castle (Super Mario 64)
-Bob-omb Battlefield (Super Mario 64)
-Big Boo's Haunt (Super Mario 64)
-Kakariko Village (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
-Forest Temple (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
-Holiday Island (Pilotwings 64)
-Blue resort (Bomberman 64)
-Icicle Pyramid (Diddy Kong Racing)
-Tawfret Ruins (Jet Force Gemini)
-Targitzan's Temple (Banjo Tooie)
-War Colors (Conker's Bad Fur Day)

All maps have been finished except for Targitzan's Temple which still lacks shading (I just started it, but it's very troublesome so it's going to take a few days) and setup. I already fixed all UVs which was crazy.

There's also a bonus map for single player that it's in a very rough shape.

So with all the multiplayer maps replaced next patch will be the last one (except for bugfixes) and I want to put as much content and options as possible, then move up to the Perfect Dark version. So I have some consultations:

1- Expanding character roster and weapon sets:
Since importing new characters and weapons has been possible from quite some time, the idea to have some iconic characters and weapons in this patch is to be expected. But I would want to keep as much GE original content as possible (I'm sure someone will complain that something was replaced, heh). I'm not sure how many characters I would want to add and how many can be added without replacing anything else.
Same with weapons, although I can't think of any good ideas for new guns not being just skins of existing ones, except for a one-hit-kill Master Sword. I would also want a new scenario exactly as 'The man with the golden gun' but with the Master Sword instead.
Can all of this be done to an already modified rom? Can I make the changes at anytime? Would be the Expansion Pak mandatory?

2.- No Anti Aliasing option.
Even though I've seen comments that removing AA only gives a small boost of around 2 fps, the truth is that playing myself it really feels to perform a lot better than the original (probably because it stays at 30-20 fps more often and doesn't drop to 20-15).
So I would want this option to be added to my console patch and see if it can improve performance in Kakariko Village and Blue Resort for the most part.
How do I do it?

3.- Extended Cheat menu.
This is now possible too although Wreck is still working on it. The current 24 slots version would work just fine for me since I'm just really interested in adding 'No Body Armor' and 'Line Mode' cheats. I wouldn't mind if 'No AA' can be added as a cheat instead of an option in the watch menu or having the 'Sniper rifle + rocket launcher' instead.

4.- Custom music
Kakariko Village theme is already there but I can't remember which track was replaced. As I mentioned earlier I would like to add more tracks that fit the battle. Is it possible to extend the music list aswell or do I have to keep replacing existing tracks?
Also, the maps that share a solo and multi slot have their own track that will be listened everytime you play that map. Is there a way to make the music random like in the exclusive multiplayer maps? And, would it be possible to add the solo missions themes to the random selection (now it only randomizes the X versions)?

5.- Rotating windmill blades in Kakariko Village.
This is a question for Wreck, heh. Back when I released the Kakariko Village Perfect Dark patch you helped me with the props and managed to get rotating windmill blades. Do you think the same can be done in GE? The big antena in Surface also rotates.

That's all for now. Feel free to comment and make suggestions.
I'm on vaction until the end of the month so I will be able to work in this patch again. I'm not planning on finishing it in these days but have most of the work done and figured out so I can release the final version within this year.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ESPAÑOL:

Hola Sogun, cuanto tiempo. esos nuevos mapas se ven fantasticos, lo cierto es que no me acuerdo del mapa de JFG y tampoco conozco los mapas de Banjo Tooie y Conker's Bad Fur Day, aun asi los mapas tienen un aspecto genial. cuando vayas a pasar el contenido a PD quizas puedas usar el gran potencial del motor PD, sus nuevos organismos alienigenas permitiran la inclusion de nuevos personajes, y creo que la musica podra ser mas fiel a la original en PD, yo especialemtne pienso en Forest Temple jeje.

cuando usted dice que este sera su ultimo parche, quieres decir que solo sera el ultimo parche de nintendo classics que estas haciendo? o es que dejas ya de hacer cualquier tipo de mapa y de trabajo? si esto ultimo es cierto entonces te hecharemos de menos, ojala no sea asi.

por cierto no se si eres algun usuario en discord jeje.

1- Expansión de la lista de personajes y conjuntos de armas:
yo hasta ahora he pensado en Link, Banjo , Yoshi, Samus, Turok Dinosaur Hunter y los personajes principales protagonistas de la saga Goemon.

en cuanto a las armas me gustaria que conservara el Moonreaker, shootgun y Autoshootgun de GE-X ( si la lista de armas de GE-X es mas amplia en su mod mejor jeje), especialmente cuando vayas pasar todo el trabajo a PD.

4.- Música personalizada:
tener un tema de cada uno de los niveles reemplazados estaria bien y creo que son pegadizos con la accion de la batalla a partes iguales. esto que voy decir no se si puede contar como parte de la musica, pero quizas se puedan reemplazar algunos dialogos y gritos de los personajes que vas a reemplazar, por ejemplo Link, Mario, Yoshi

espero vernos mas a menudo y ver sus increibles trabajos pronto.

ENGLISH:
Hi Sogun, long time no see. those new maps look fantastic, I don't remember the JFG map and I don't know the Banjo Tooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day maps either, but still the maps look great. when you go to pass the content to PD maybe you can use the great potential of the PD engine, their new alien organisms will allow the inclusion of new characters, and I think the music will be more faithful to the original PD, I especially think about Forest Temple hehe.

When you say that this will be your last patch, you mean it will only be the last nintendo classics patch you're making? or do you stop making any kind of map and work anymore? if that's true then we'll miss you, hopefully not.

by the way I don't know if you are some user in discord hehe.

1- Expansion of the list of characters and sets of weapons:
I have so far thought of Link, Banjo, Yoshi, Samus, Turok Dinosaur Hunter and the main characters in the Goemon saga.

as for the weapons I would like you to keep the Moonreaker, shootgun and Autoshootgun of GE-X ( if the list of GE-X weapons is wider in its best mod hehe), especially when you are going to pass all the work to PD.

4.- Personalized music:
having a theme from each of the replaced levels would be good and I think they are catchy with the action of the battle in equal parts. what I'm about to say I don't know if it can be counted as part of the music, but maybe you can replace some dialogues and shouts from the characters you're replacing, for example Link, Mario, Yoshi

I hope to see you more often and see your amazing work soon.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun, this is going to be *fantastic* Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for the Perfect Dark version of the patch - I'm really happy to hear that you're planning one, as I can't find anyone to play Goldeneye with, so it's me versus the sims!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun, I will try my best to answer your questions as best as possible tonight. If you need a hand at all, I can possibly edit your ROM to help get things going for you, as some extensions are either currently unsupported by the Editor, or are tricky to deal with.

Really looking forward to the newest levels, and other surprises!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 22 of 26

Jump to: