ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sogun's Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1.- Expanding character roster and weapon sets:
There are two ways you can add more characters...

The first is simple, but very limited. There are three unused civilian characters (two male, one female) that aren't even used in multi. Also, the parka Bond head is never used, as the hood was made part of the body, thus rendering that head useless. That gives you room for 4 characters (should head and body be combined). Not much, but something. That won't replace anything used from multi or missions.

I think the Editor has a way to add additional models, which was rigged up for GF64 development, but SubDrag himself has said it can be tricky to setup, and does require the Expansion Pak mod.

I came up with my own method, but it all needs to be done manually (in ROM and 21990 file). It allows you to include quite a few more heads / bodies / combos, and makes use of the deleted J text slots, while renaming the C_Z files shorter for space in 21990 (except Csuit_lf_handZ, which must use that name). I could help with this, if you need. I think the Editor may support the multi characters list extension now, so you can have more people to choose from.

Weapon Sets are supported, so you can include more, but adding new weapons is going to be very difficult, without replacing current weapons. There are different weapon data tables that range from ID XX to ID ZZ. If your weapon is beyond that range of IDs, it will be missing certain features / functions.

3.- Extended Cheat menu:
We ironed out all the kinks and released two patches on Vault. I will be getting the details to SubDrag tonight, so hopefully he can incorporate a button into the Editor to allow the cheats menu to extend to 28 total (14 per column). GE could allow 25 before, though unbalanced in the columns.

Certain cheats are very easy to include. Line Mode is one of those. You just need to go into the Cheats menu of the 21990 Game Configurations menu, select the Line Mode cheat from the selection box, and then set how it is unlocked from the list. You can choose any missions Target Time reward, or either of the three Completion rewards (Cradle, Aztec, Egypt - which you can also change those levels).

However, any cheat not already present in the game, like No Body Armour or Sniper / Rocket, must be setup in the ROM manually. And depending on where the data is placed, the ASM won't be the same, as it uses offsets to other positions in ROM. Again, I could help out, but certain cheats may need replacing (ones like Super X Health / Armour are big, as is Extra Weapons).

5.- Rotating windmill blades in Kakariko Village:
It should be possible, but we will need to check it out. The satellite in Surface spins, and windmill blades in Villa, and those are both Drone Gun types.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Also, the maps that share a solo and multi slot have their own track that will be listened everytime you play that map. Is there a way to make the music random like in the exclusive multiplayer maps?

I think you can just change the stage's Main Theme in the 21990 Stage Options tab to either FFFF or 0000 to make it play a random song in multi. One of those...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Right, I knew I would forget about something...

4.- Custom music:
I think you can replace at least two of the silent tracks. They are 14, 1E and 27. One is likely used somewhere. Pavarini recommended keeping 14. You'd need to test and see.

As for the random songs for multiplayer, there is a music table in 21990 at 0x2DD80. The first portion contains 0x8 length entries. The first thing is level ID, then the Main theme, followed by Background ambience, and then X Track. Those end at 0x2DE38. After that, at 0x2DE40, are which songs are used for any level which is not setup in the above list. They are chosen at random. It looks to end at 0x2DE96, but you can actually include more songs in the section of zeroes that follows. I am not sure where you should really stop, or if you do need at least one 0000 to terminate, but you can squeeze in extra tracks.

So any level that you want to play random songs must not be in the first table. You can simply edit that level ID to be something else, and then it will play a random song. For instance, change 0x22 for Facility to 0x00 to make the level using that ID play a random track.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks lazlo52.
Yes, switching the stage theme to FFFF randomizes the music that sounds in multi (and solo, hehe).

Sorry Wreck, I didn't understand much of your last message involving tables and hex adresses. I'm not familiar with that stuff. Do you mean I can do that with the GE Editor or do I have to look into things with a hex editor?
Music is the last thing I plan to mod, so we can come back to this once everything else is done.

Thanks for all the other tips. It seems I'll really need your help if I want to add a decent amount of custom characters.
Too bad adding new wapons is that difficult. Do you think just one melee weapon is feasible?

@SATURN_81
This will very likely be my last Goldeneye Classic Nintendo Maps patch. Once all multi maps have been replaced and custom characters and music has been added there's not much left to improve.
I'll then port all the content to Perfect Dark. I don't think I'll add any extra content since I'm running out of ideas. Thinking of 11 multiplayer maps was harder than I thought!

This doesn't mean I'll stop modding GE and PD. I still have to finish Alps for GF64 and fix a couple of things in my other two levels. There are also some projects and ideas I have in mind.
Lately I've been experimenting with some graphical effects and I would like to put them together in an amazing demo map, hehe.
But I have to be realistic and admit that I can no longer focus on modding as before and I can only work on it in shorts periods of time very separated from each other. It's been like that for the last 4 years.

I'm not a Discord user and I have never used it. It seems the most active community gathers there and I'm really interested in joining in. Maybe soon.

ESPAÑOL

Este será muy probablemente mi último parche para Goldeneye del recopilatorio con los mapas clásicos. una vez que ya he sustituido los 11 mapas multijugador y tras añadir personajes y músicas ya no quedaría nada que hacer.
Trasladaré todo el contenido a Perfect Dark y no creo que añada nada nuevo porque me he quedado sin ideas. ¡Pensar en 11 niveles fue más difícil de lo que creía!

Esto no significa que deje de realizar mods para GE y PD. Todavía tengo que terminar Alps para GoldFinger64 y quiero hacer un par de arreglos a los otros dos niveles. Hay otros proyectos he ideas que me gustaría realizar.
Ultimamente he estado experimentando con algunos efectos gráficos y me gustaría reunirlos todos en un mapa a modo de demo.
Pero tengo que ser realista y aceptar que ya no puedo centrarme en esto de la misma manera que lo hacía antes. Sólo puedo hacer cosas por breves periodos de tiempo muy separados entre sí. Ha sido así durante los últimos 4 años.

No soy usuario de Discord ni nunca lo he utilizado, pero parece que la comunidad más activa se reune ahí y sí que estoy interesado en unirme. Quizás en los próximos días.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it would have required a Hex Editor to edit the mission music table. But if you can just make the main theme random by setting it as FFFF, than there is no need. Still, if you want more random songs, you'd need to add them manually (unless Editor supports it someplace).

SubDrag has now included a cheat extension button to newest Editor build, so that is step one to adding more into your ROM.

I'm not entirely sure, but maybe you could possibly replace the useless Taser with the Master Sword. Depends if an ID that high can support the proper functions.

You can e-mail me with a patch sometime, and I can work on some of the things you'd like to have done.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just quickly tried making the Taser into unarmed, and it still fired an invisible bullet. There is probably some hardcoded data for the melee function, or it is outside a table range.

I would suggest just replacing the Hunting Knife. I mean, it is nowhere present in either the mission campaign or multiplayer. You only get it in either the 2x weapon cheat, or All Guns. The Master Sword would be cooler to have than a regular knife, and it won't hurt anything else in the game. If people complain, so be it. They'll always find something to complain about. It is one of the things we humans do best! Razz

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been working on my multiplayer compilation the last couple of days finishing the last map and adding some extra touches before looking at adding more content and I'm having problems customizing the title screen (the one with the GoldenEye logo).

I wanted to add some geometry to the prop so the title reads as "Golden Nintendo maps" and I managed to do it. But when the emulator gets there it doesn't show properly, the music cracks and the game refuses to continue. On console it doesn't show at all and freezes.

It should look like this (except the Golden word with it's characteristic yellowish color):

On emulator the word "maps" doesn't show and "Golden" isn't yellowish. "Nintendo" looks right with the red shading over a white texture.
At first I though maybe I was adding too many extra polygons since the word "maps" is 1,000 tris (it's what 3D MAX made, but I can reduce the amount redoing the mesh manually in AutoCAD) and the total amount is 1,400. Then I tried again removing "maps" and got the same results. Finally I removed "Nintendo" and the music cracks but I can get to the menu on emulator (still no yellowish "Golden"); didn't try this on console.

So I have these issues:
1- Musics cracks after editing GoldenEye logo
2- "Golden" becomes greyscale. I kept the original tris and they are shadded and envmapped so I'm not sure what's going on.
3- Even if I reduce the amount of polygons in the "maps" word, the "Nintendo" word is the same geometry as the rotating Nintendo logo and reducing it further won't look good. Is there and allocation that I can rise so the title can handle more tris?
A possible solution for this would be to make a 2D logo from a hi-res source.

-------------------------

I could release a new patch right now but I want to see how much can be done before the year ends.

I finished all 11 multi maps. There's one minor detail in Targitzan that I want to do regarding vertex alpha gradients but I'm not sure if it's supported in GE. I have asked in another topic for help.

I also created a prop with the windmill blades for the Kakariko map and placed it in the right place in the setups so Wreck can do his magic and maybe have them rotate. Very Happy

I want to customize the tittle screen but I had no luck until now.

Regarding additional content I won't go crazy since I know it's very complex and I'll need lots of help of different people and I want to release a patch soon. So I'll try to add a few things if there's time and plan for a new patch in the future. Thanks to that I can release a patch now that won't require the Expansion Pak and have all the original content, then have a more agressive patch that will probably replace lots of things in the future.

-New characters. Wreck mentioned that 3 or 4 are "easy" to add replacing the unused civilian models. I have already seen Link, Mario and Joana Dark ported to GoldenEye so I will contact with the autors and see if it's possible to include them in my patch.

-Custom music. It seems there isn't much you can do without replacing existing ones here. Wreck mentioned two silent tracks (but one should be kept) but I think I can replace some cinematic tracks like the ones in Runway and Bunker 1. That makes for 3 custom tracks and I really want to add Gerudo Valley and something from Jet Force Gemini. Not sure how hard it will be to convert the tracks, though.

-Custom weapons. I'll go with Wreck's recommendation and replace the hunting knife with the Master Sword. I don't know if it's possible to add Scenarios and have "A man with the Master Sword" one along with the "A man with the Golden Gun". But adding a weapon set including a one-hit kill Master Sword would be enough.

-Cheats. I would like to expand the list and add 'Line mode', 'No armor in multi', 'Debug mode' (just so I can check the framerate on console, hehe) and 'Invisible in multi' as seen in [url=https://tcrf.net/GoldenEye_007_(Nintendo_64)#Unused_Cheats]here[/url]. This last cheat would be great even if invisibility isn't kept after the player dies. I can imagine using this cheat with the "You only live twice" scenario and the Golden Gun or Master Sword weapon set being very fun to play.
This would leave the Cheat menu unbalanced again... Is there another cheat that can be useful for multi that I can use?

-AA option for my "for console" patch. I'm really interested in having this one to improve performance even if it's by a couple of frames. I know it's currently being added as a watch menu option but I wonder if it can be added in the cheat menu so it's easier to activate.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you selected the DL within the model editor and clicked 'convert to logo'?

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Have you selected the DL within the model editor and clicked 'convert to logo'?

Thanks. I didn't do that and now I don't have cracking music but it isn't perfect yet.
Editor crashed when I tried to 'Convert to Logo' the full logo. Then I tried the one with just "Golden" in it and it's working fine on emulator and console except the colors are a bit of.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could you upload the OBJ itself? I can try to debug where it is crashing.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Could you upload the OBJ itself? I can try to debug where it is crashing.

Here -> https://www.mediafire.com/file/h96b89t0cy0b1zw/GNM_title.7z/file

I've uploaded it as OBJ and FBX, both as normal and 'Original order' since I don't know the difference and if one works better for you than the other.

Thanks.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, it was caused by an allocation glitch. Please try the latest beta, it should work now

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I gladly announce that the final 4 maps of my compilation are done and new patches are available on N64vault thanks to Carnivorous and Sixty Four.

http://n64vault.com/ge-multi-levels:nintendo-classic-maps

This release adds a bunch of maps from different Rare games:
-Icicle Pyramid from Diddy Kong Racing that already made its debut in GoldenEye: X
-Tawfret Ruins from Jet Force Gemini thanks for Editor 3.0 supporting the game
-Colors from Conker's Bad Fur Day which was highly anticipated by Kerr Avon
-Targitzan's Temple form Banjo Tooie which was a real beast to do because all textures UV's had to be fixed individually by hand and all the shading was done vertex per vertex by eye comparing it with the original game.

Sadly I wasn't able to include new music, characters or weapons as I had in mind some months ago. Work has started on porting these maps to Perfect Dark and hopefully I'll include all that crazy stuff along with some new maps to the mix.

Enjoy Wink

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cougrants Sogun

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This looks fantastic can't wait to give it a go Very Happy
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 23 of 26

Jump to: