ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PD Combat Simulator Map Pack In Progress...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: PD Combat Simulator Map Pack In Progress... Reply with quote Back to top

I've wanted to do this for a long time, i'm working on making a combat simulator map pack for perfect dark, i want it to feature every mission map, something like this when im done:

Dark.............................Dark
--Skedar..........................Defection
--Pipes............................Investigation
--Ravine..........................Villa
--G5 Building....................Chicargo
--Sewers.........................G5 Building
--Warehouse....................Airbase
--Grid..............................Air Force One
--Ruins............................Crash Site
--Area 52.........................Pelagic II
--Base.............................Deep Sea
--Fortress.........................Carrington Institute
--Villa..............................Attack Ship
Classic.........................Area 51
--Temple..........................Infiltration
--Complex........................Rescue
--Felicity..........................Escape
Random.......................Random
--Random.........................Random

I wanted to split Area 51 into 3 because there is so much to the level i coudn't pick wich part of it i wanted to use.

I'm not going to be using the entire maps when making CS setups for them, i'm going to try and choose a section from each map and delete everything els out to try and get the best out of it without to much slow down (hopefully).

This is a big task, 15 CS setups so i'm not sure weather or not to release it in stages (2 levels a time maby?) or wait until its done, i'm still deciding.

Defection is complete and hear is a picture:

This setup is confined to the three middle floors (no roof or bottom floor) and the lifts have been fixed so they only go to those floors and not all the way to the bottom. I've deleted out all of the rooms and clipping that are not needed, reduced the sets and removed the unused pads.

Investigation is in progress and i will post pictures as i complete setups.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Last edited by 00action on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great project! I am looking forward to it! Good luck

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully this will be amazing, like Dark's Ports.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to hear that Defection is all finished up! It's a wise decision to remove everything that isn't needed from the level. It should help cut down on the amount of data being loaded in, which could be very beneficial when playing with three or more people.

You may still experience some issues with certain stages, but if you keep making these reductions, you might get lucky. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you come up with in this pack.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad you guys like the idear of this project. 00dark has done some great CS maps i hope he dose some more. I can see why people get put off doing a CS setup for PD because there is so much more involed than a goldeneye setup especialy having to modify the sets so that the sims navigate a little better.
My main focus is helping with the GoldenEye X Project this project is second in line but i realy wanted to give this a go so thought i would post my progress.

Investigation has been started....

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I very interested in seeing your Defection multiplayer setup. I know I love mine a whole bunch. Could you PM me your latest XDelta patch in progress? I'd like to see how you're doing with this. By the way, here's how I was planning to do my lineup of maps...

Dark
Skedar --> dataDyne Central
Pipes --> dataDyne Research
Ravine --> Carrington Villa
G5 Building --> Chicago
Sewers --> G5 Building
Warehouse --> Area 51
Grid --> Air Base
Ruins --> Air Force One
Area 52 --> Crash Site
Base --> Pelagic II
Fortress --> Deep Sea
Villa --> Carrington Institute
Car Park --> Attack Ship
Temple --> Skedar Ruins
Classic
Complex --> Temple
Felicity --> Complex
Random --> Felicity

So basically, my arrangement includes all 14 solo mission arenas and eliminates the Random slot. There's 13 Combat Simulator levels to pick from normally. Now there's 14 and they're all solo arenas fully playable in multiplayer. This is how I plan to do my multiplayer map pack. You could do it this way too if you want. I really wish I could get back to making setups, but I've been so busy lately with work and homework, plus my Perfect Dark editor doesn't even work with visualizing solo levels. It's unstable on my computer (crashes a lot) and only works perfectly on my Windows XP virtual machine. I wish I could use Windows 7 for it because it would be way easier and more convenient. My virtual machine doesn't emulate on Project 64 too great so I only use it for level-testing purposes. When I actually want to play, I use Project 64 on my host operating system, Windows 7. Anyways, please PM me your work in progress. I'd love to check this out and even help by giving feedback and suggestions. Awesome man, keep up the good work! Very Happy (Thumbs up)

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also haven't deleted any unused rooms, clipping, portals, pads, etc. to fix possible lag. The reason for this is so that the corresponding solo missions are still fully functional. If I made any changes to unused stuff (such as pads, rooms, clipping, etc.) then it would conflict with and ruin the solo missions. So my method doesn't fix slowdown, but does allow you to play, for example, the solo mission of dataDyne Defection unchanged and the multiplayer version of it simultaneously in the same ROM. I'd like to do this with all of the levels. I do admire 00action's style of performance over perfection though since I'm a performance freak. If something lags enough, I'll refuse to play or do whatever it is that's slowing way the hell down because I can't stand not having it run nicely. To me it just isn't worth doing.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, sorry about the late reply 00dark my pc died on me and its took a while for me to get back up and running anyway im back. Your map list looks good im glad we both doing a differnt map pack (full and cut down maps) i like the idear of both. I see you have a couple of maps out im gona have to try those Smile I will be continuing with this map pack, like you said its just time plus i still realy wanna get some work done on GoldenEye X.

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, my latest Air Base level rocks! I played it all modes and I'm not disappointed. It's fun as hell to race around the Air Force One hangar (simulants can't access it though, it's just for players) and fire SuperDragon grenades at people. The big, dark area needs night vision goggles...

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lol nice! How come I never replied to this topic? Could of swore I did several times. Nice job 00dark

How is 00Action coming along?

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67: i havnt done any work on this project since ive got my new computer, but i do plan on getting back to it soon hopfully.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ive finaly decided on the area out of investigation that i want to use, ive used doors to block off certain places and ive deleted out all the clipping and rooms that arn't needed, next job is the sets there is a fair bit to change so it ain't gonna be easy but once its done ive got the fun of placing weapons, hills n stuff Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you need any assistance with anything, don't think twice about shooting me a PM. I haven't had much chance to make any custom CS levels out of Perfect Dark stages, but I can always put in some time to help out others with them.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think il take you up on that offer wreck because its going to take to long to complete on my own, a couple of things i need help with is first choosing the best area out of the map to use and the sets. il pm you what im working on at the moment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: