ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Beta Caverns Objective...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Beta Caverns Objective... Reply with quote Back to top

I've known about this for some time now, but I figured that there are still enough people interested in the earlier versions (Beta's) of the game to want to know every last detail. This isn't anything huge, but still worth noting. In Caverns, the main focus is to chase after Janus. In fact, one of the original mission objectives was to "Pursue Trevelyan". I'd assume that it'd have been completed the moment you stepped into the ending elevator. Though the objective may have been removed from the final release, it remains your true goal. It could have been taken out late in the game when they decided on a maximum of five objectives per mission. Though it may have helped to steer confused players in the right direction, it wasn't entirely necessary. Running around the map would have eventually led them to him anyway. To say we are missing it would be a poor statement. It's there, just not labelled.

Another piece of information regarding the Caverns mission is about the three code cards. There are 'a', 'b' & 'c' cards, each unlocking a different door. Listed under their 'Weapon of Choice' renaming function, you can see their full titles...

"code card (blast door a)"
"code card (blast door b)"
"code card (blast door c)"

A slightly more detailed description of where they're to be used. Why was this text left out of your watch inventory menu? Or a better question, why did they even bother giving gadgets a 'Weapon of Choice' text string? Perhaps, at one time, the menu displayed more. A big part of me doubts that, believing it was all for completion's sake. I guess they just didn't like looking at an empty gap in memory.
(source: LcaveE text file)

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is intresting how even some of the last levels in the game went thru so many changes from beta to final stage. Trev is in a few levels where he really isn't needed, such as the caverns, and the one I always have wondered about, the control. He holds his gun wrong, and just shuts the door. He was left in a lot of places where honestly he really isn't needed. It's like Oul in the silo, he isn't needed and should have been removed. It really is quite intresting.

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Typical bad guy taunts. You can see 'em but you can't kill him unless the game is beaten by half the world first.

Yes, detail and description can be a good and bad thing.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: