ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GUI Modifications?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D1Hazel
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: GUI Modifications? Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if there were going to be any GUI modifications. Every screen I see, I immediately notice the PD healthbar and ammo counter. I've been tested twice for Aspergers, if that explains anything. Anyway, I was wondering if there's any chance that the HUD, text, and pause menu could be modified to be more GoldenEye style (the pause menu could just hide the robotic arm thing). Oddly enough, the menus don't bother me.

Also, is there going to be a way to set who the 1st and 2nd player are on a per-level basis (haven't played enough PD to unlock the bonus stages where you can play as, who was it, Elvis?) and make certain things appear/not appear in co-op. That would allow Natalya to appear in the Jungle as normal in SP/CO, but let P2 be Natalya in Coop (unless she has to push buttons or something stupid like that like she does in the next mission, in which case we'd need a way to tell which player is which).

P.S. Does anyone know an open-source N64 emulator that plays GE and PD decently? I'd be willing to try and remove things that the two games don't use to hopefully speed things up. Maybe get someone to help me hack the limits so the texture cache or such has more room.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
radorn

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GUI modifications would be considerably more challenging than changing models, levels, missions and other such data, as the engine is designed to have varying data in these "fields" but GUI stuff is normally more "hardcoded" into the engine, so changing that kind of stuff is always harder and many times it's just never done.
Time will tell if that can/will be done or not. For the time being, as far as I'm aware, there's nothing concrete to go by.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As for 2nd player co-op body (and first player), it is hacked out and yes we will be making it the correct player that makes sense for each level.

D1Hazel
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@radorn Thought so.
@SubDrag Great. Just wondering, will you be making the bonus level's bonds the Bond from the movie the level is based on (can't remember who did Moonraker off the top of my head)?

Also, I've started watching a Perfect Dark LP and I found out some interesting things such as levels that start at different places depending on difficulty and the ability for the last level to affect the current one. As for the later, would it be possible to determine where you left Facility and adjust the entrance to Runway appropriately?

I'll start a separate topic about the emulator thing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

on the subject of goldeneye watch, I wonder if in PD may join the pause menu to the left arm of Joana and see what happens? I mean removing the cable where it exits the menu or even joining the cable arm. I think if you get this first then may modify the graphical user interface menu to look like the clock on goldeneye

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to have, at the very least, the Health / Armour display from GoldenEye. I wouldn't even know where to start, however. I know these few little things still make it feel like you're playing PD, but we'll just have to live with them for now (or forever).

There's not many end/start mission points that could potentially be adjustable. Only the Facility/Runway connection jumps out at me. I would imagine that we'd want to work the doors or conveyor belt completion in, though.

Other connections between maps could be utilized, but they are harder to think up. Not killing the commandant in Surface i might make him appear in a normally empty cabin in Surface ii. Knocking Boris unconscious in Bunker i may trigger the memory in Control, where he pleads for you not to hurt him again. Some small little things, mainly for amusement and realism.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: