ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye 007/Perfect Dark
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: 1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye 007/Perfect Dark Reply with quote Back to top

goldeneye.neocities.org

Edit: I have finished development for the bundle. If you are having problems, read the readme file that came with the bundle, or create a new thread in the Online And Emulation subforum.

Thank you.

Last edited by stolen on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:04 pm; edited 270 times in total

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This mouse injector thing is the best thing created since the games themselves, I love you! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad you enjoy it.

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

move to emulation forum

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, sir! Wink

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

-snip-

Last edited by stolen on Sun May 05, 2013 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding Pistol's version, perhaps you can advise since I'm a total newb getting into this.

-do I have to use the default plugins?
-have you tested various ones and if you were to choose defaults for best stability, which would those be?

Thanks in advance. I realize one thing about emulators. There are many pitfalls and areas to mess up stability. With this build of 1964, I'm really hopeful. I think you mentioned about Jabo working with Pistols overclock but will Rice make this work better or more stable in your opinion?

I appreciate your expertise!

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
-do I have to use the default plugins?

Nope, any plugin that follows the Zilmar/Jabo spec should work. The included plugins are there for those who can't be bothered hunting down some plugins.
GE MASTER wrote:
-have you tested various ones and if you were to choose defaults for best stability, which would those be?

I suggest using Jabo 1.6.1, but it doesn't render team colors in PD, so resort to using the same characters for team colors. I like Glide64 a lot, but you need a very powerful PC to run without any slowdowns.
GE MASTER wrote:
I think you mentioned about Jabo working with Pistols overclock but will Rice make this work better or more stable in your opinion?

I have not tried Rice, but it should work without any issues.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a somewhat off topic question, but in your opinion, could overclock ever be applied to Mupen 64K and work online still?

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Never, since this would result in desyncs because the framerate is not locked/consistent. You can see this happen if you use kaillera in PistolGrip's 1964 build.

The only way I could see this working is if there were some type of external resyncer for Mupen, which would send a stream of updates containing the player statuses every second, thus, keeping everybody in sync.

JDub
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey stolen - I enjoyed using your mouse injector and pre-configured 1964. I've run into a problem though, the first time i used your setup it worked perfectly WASD + mouse. Now when I use move forward my view aims downwards no matter what. I tried re-assigning keys but it doesnt fix anything. I tried re-extracting your 1964 setup with no luck... any idea whats happening?

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for downloading.

This could be happening because you have created a new save profile in GE/PD, and you have not set the controls to 1.2 yet, or you have not configured Edit>User Options to look like these settings. Try setting User Options and check to see if the problem is fixed.

If you're still having issues, then set the controls in GE/PD to 1.2. To do this, start the game and select any level. When you have spawned, press Enter (start button). Once you're in the menu, keep pressing left until you see the controller options.

GoldenEye 007: You should see something like this. Just press Q (A button) and then down or up to select your controller profile. Select 1.2 and everything should be fine now.
Perfect Dark: You should see something like this. Go to the Control option and press Q (A button), then select the 1.2 controller profile like so.

JDub
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's strange - I didn't have to change the control scheme at first (things just worked) and I didnt change it so im curious why it was working and then stopped but w/e.

Anyways after changing it things worked great. Thanks man.

Last edited by JDub on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

-snip-

Last edited by stolen on Sun May 05, 2013 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

-snip-

Last edited by stolen on Sun May 05, 2013 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: