ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

'Activision Registers New GoldenEye Domains'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe we'll find out more about this game on July 20th, like that CNN article listed.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well, all of you have been disappointed
what the heck is activision problem? just dont call it goldeneye
words cant even describe how angry i am now
crushing hopes of all fans
making the same fps game every year
i hate them, and will never buy a game from them ever again

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29419201&postcount=210

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is Ollllo:

Oldyz is going to burst a vessel when i show him this horrible news -

I was not very optimistic anyway since someone at the Xbox forums mentioned that Goldeneye wii was not going to be an exclusive of nintendo's for very long- and of course i expected no less -

I am relieved tho, since that means that the Programming code of the PD GE engine is still (tragically & practically) abandoned and just waiting for the day it can fall in to the hands of the Open source crowds, and of course the best GE fans here in this forum......

@ Aries , sorry about the red - i hope this other color is better:
also - check something called Mushroom kindsom fusion- (it was in Oldy'z notes but his links that he wrote down did not work , but the note said to share with EternallyAries)

Oldyz Is on Vancation - I have to trim his bonsai

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
just waiting for the day it can fall in to the hands of the Open source crowds
That will never happen, unless it is a internal leak from 4J Studios. The NDA and following lawsuits is enough to discourage any programmer from leaking the source code. The only way we are going to 'get' the source code for PD/GE is if someone recreates the entire engine via clean room reverse engineering, like the XLengine project.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ollllooooooooooooo .... rats

Any word on how much would it cost to just buy the freaking thing from
Microsoft rare or whoever is holding it?

At the end the bond PD characters and sounds & stuff is secondary --
If the gameplay code and the rest belongs to someone who is willing to share it then the Copyright fluff can't stop what users do...

As it is right now the CoD & Halo engines are the kings and will continue to be imitated Ad nauseam -
The Rareware N64 Fps engine is the antidote for this ailment and is in serious need of evolving a bit more & then spread.

Im angry now Evil or Very Mad - ExclamationIdea i'll go now and get some puddin'

Oldyz is On Vancation - buried at sea if Hacienda asks

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PS3 and 360 version...
Should we have expected any less?

Here's the thing that bugs me the most. Supposedly, President Iwata of Nintendo Japan wanted "GoldenEye" to make an appearance on Nintendo systems only. So, Activision - who currently holds the rights to make Bond games - created a brand new one, loosely based on the original screenplay, but modernized for present day technology. They had their payday with the Wii and DS games, and obviously aren't going to make much else. This means they don't care anymore? GoldenEye, by Activision, is now free to spread to other gaming consoles?

If Microsoft (and Sony) is going to be making money off of this "GoldenEye", why can't the upgrade of the original be released for both the XBLA and Wii (or its virtual console)? It seems to me that everyone is making money off of this thing, so why not just come to a bloody agreement over the original (and best) version?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man this is pissing me off.

I was ok with the Goldeneye on wii thing but this on PS3 and Xbox360 remake im like WTF.

sure the grafect will be great added with new online stuff that the wii never had like speeking to other on a bluetuth. And the good point is why did they not releast this on Xbox360 and PS3 in the 1st place?

Im so done with Activision and its lies on them bring back goldeneye. It just sadden me they keep bringing down a old classec.

Quote:
This is Ollllo:

Oldyz is going to burst a vessel when i show him this horrible news -

I was not very optimistic anyway since someone at the Xbox forums mentioned that Goldeneye wii was not going to be an exclusive of nintendo's for very long- and of course i expected no less -

I am relieved tho, since that means that the Programming code of the PD GE engine is still (tragically & practically) abandoned and just waiting for the day it can fall in to the hands of the Open source crowds, and of course the best GE fans here in this forum......

@ Aries , sorry about the red - i hope this other color is better:
also - check something called Mushroom kindsom fusion- (it was in Oldy'z notes but his links that he wrote down did not work , but the note said to share with EternallyAries)

Thanks for changing the colors it hurt my eyes so bad looking at only red text lol.

Oh and ill check out that Mushroom kindsom fusion thing. I bet ill find it on google somewhere.

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

new trailer here.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow...no thanks.

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

goddammit activision.........

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jayloonar wrote:

i hate them, and will never buy a game from them ever again

Ollllo here:

The best kind of Ban is the kind where you still get to judge their products without paying them a freaking cent -

its has been 11 years and only a few games have merited for me to give them a profit, for all the other junk borrowing or buying used and trading is enough -

Oldyz is on vancation - that blue clown painting of his seems to move its eyes

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Look at the bright side, if it has voice overs for alot of the movie dialogue, we could *achm* nick *achm* the voices for GE:X

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster wrote:
Look at the bright side, if it has voice overs for alot of the movie dialogue, we could *achm* nick *achm* the voices for GE:X

Yeah...
Or we could just get some voice actors to donate their talents to the project. Most of the dialogue from GoldenWii (seems as though I won't be able to call it that, anymore) doesn't match the original game or film. They've changed a fair amount, and a lot of the best lines were butchered. I'd rather not have it feel - or sound - anything remotely like Activision's GE007. Nor do I want Daniel Craig being the voice of Bond.

BrownEye 007: Rebloated will have to be the new name.

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

BrownEye 007: Rebloated will have to be the new name.

I lol'd so hard

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

If Microsoft (and Sony) is going to be making money off of this "GoldenEye", why can't the upgrade of the original be released for both the XBLA and Wii (or its virtual console)? It seems to me that everyone is making money off of this thing, so why not just come to a bloody agreement over the original (and best) version?

Because that would make the most sense. Besides, in the eyes of Activison, GoldenEye is just name sake, it doesn't matter to them about gameplay or anything like that, they only took bits and pieces from the game (almost like they've never played it, just heard about it from a stoner roommate or something)

If gameplay mattered to Activison they would be trying to create new and fun IPs instead of rehashing the same Call of Duty engine over and over again. Which I am sick to death of. I hated Modern Warfare 1, I hated Modern Warfare 2, I hated BlackOps, and I hate the Call of Duty series in general, well to be honest I hate all of modern gaming in general.

So instead of being faithful to the original game (like Rare was), they are just gonna continue to rehash and rehash it. Some will say it is "too keep up with the modern era of gamers." , yeah the game's engine is outdated, but that hasn't stopped me from playing or this community from working on the game. And the whole "outdated story" argument some fans use, are you really gonna try to tell me that not one gamer these days knows what the Cold War was? Give me a break.

If Nintendo, or Activison, or anyone wanted to see the original GoldenEye released with updated graphics and online multiplayer, it would have been done by now. But they don't, because to them rehashing CoD is gonna please all of the 12 year old gamers who are "SOOO HARDCORE", yeah ok.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: