ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

'Activision Registers New GoldenEye Domains'
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: 'Activision Registers New GoldenEye Domains' Reply with quote Back to top

"Activision has registered four domain names for something called GoldenEye Reloaded, as uncovered by Twitter detective Superannuation. The domains include goldeneyereloadedgame.com and goldeneye007gamereloaded.com.

There's been no word on just what this new title could be, if indeed the domains refer to a new title. The publisher already released a follow-up to the iconic Nintendo 64 game for Wii last year with GoldenEye 007, which included a port of the classic multiplayer modes. Goldeneye Reloaded could well refer to a sequel, or - perhaps more likely - a version of the game for consoles other than the Wii.

A port of the original GoldenEye on N64 was previously being developed for XBLA, but was cancelled due to legal issues between Nintendo and Microsoft.
"

Source: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/117/1179458p1.html

I wonder what it's for? I think most likely they'll be putting the Wii's Goldeneye game on to the Xbox 360 and PS3. I think we can discount this as having anything to do with the original, N64 Goldeneye, as Rare (and so Microsoft) still have the rights over that game, so Activison can't do anything with the N64 game at all.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, whatever it means... it can't be good.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

Haha. So true.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know, the last time this happened we got a fairly decent remake out of it, which I personally found much more interesting than a straight port with upgraded graphics.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Odds are that this is either going to be an update to GoldenWii (for another company, or even the Wii-U), or a brand new game that acts as a sequel to the original story. Rehashing it is less than exciting, and a follow-up is just another way to cash-in on the name.

GoldenWii may not have been terrible, but when you go back to our beloved N64 classic, it just doesn't have the same fun factor or replay value. I think I can safely say that I'd feel the same way had I not been hacking it for the last decade.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Yea i don't like the sound of it ether.

Quote:
GoldenWii may not have been terrible, but when you go back to our beloved N64 classic, it just doesn't have the same fun factor or replay value. I think I can safely say that I'd feel the same way had I not been hacking it for the last decade.

Yea the last time i play goldeneye 64 i never got that good old feeling that you get everytime you start it up.

I just miss the good old days of this game where i use to have buddys who love this game to play 4 player matchs in all the levels. Everyone i know now dont even care for this game anymore. Its just sad. Crying or Very sad

And same here on the hacking. I kinda stop hacking things since i got tire of makeing levels and Sonic Robo Blast 2 takeing up my time.

I one day plan on working on a new map but i dont know what time or day ill do it.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm gonna make an assumption and say that "GoldenEye: Reloaded" may have been the official title for GoldenEye XBLA. So who knows, maybe Activison and Nintendo acquired the rights to the XBLA version from Microsoft and Rare, I mean it's not like Rare is gonna do anything with it they are too busy making Kinect games.

At least I hope that is the case. I played the Wii-make of GoldenEye and didn't enjoy it one bit. But I saw that coming from a mile away, even before it came out. Rehashing the same thing again isn't going to please the fans who were pissed about the XBLA port getting the shaft, it's just gonna keep smearing the name. GoldenEye Wii could have been it's own separate game, but included GoldenEye for namesake, simply because both Nintendo and Activison knew that the name would draw in fans of the original. EA did the same thing with Rouge Agent and it seems nobody learned their lesson.

If this is some kind of upgrading version for Wii-U , or multi-plat port of the Wii-make, I'm gonna be disappointed and even more pissed with Nintendo then I am right now.

I guess we will just have to wait and see..

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can see this being a "fantastically improved 3D version of the GoldenEye remake for the Nintendo 3DS" before imagining that they somehow worked out a deal with Rare and the other forty-two parties involved in the GE property dispute, allowing any form (classic or updated) of the N64 original to be released. But, I guess we'll have to wait and see...

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NapalmNero wrote:
I'm gonna make an assumption and say that "GoldenEye: Reloaded" may have been the official title for GoldenEye XBLA. So who knows, maybe Activison and Nintendo acquired the rights to the XBLA version from Microsoft and Rare

I really hope that is the case

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BGS wrote:
NapalmNero wrote:
I'm gonna make an assumption and say that "GoldenEye: Reloaded" may have been the official title for GoldenEye XBLA. So who knows, maybe Activison and Nintendo acquired the rights to the XBLA version from Microsoft and Rare

I really hope that is the case

The one thing that got me thinking that, is "Conker: Live & Reloaded". Rare & Microsoft could have intended to probably do several "Reloaded" versions of their old games.. or maybe it is just a freak coincidence

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is a good point. Considering the Wii version, they can't take the lazy route and just call the port GoldenEye 007 like they did with PD.

I'm not expecting it, though. If it happens, I'll be pleasantly surprised of course. As much as I say I preferred the Wii remake to a straight port, I'd still love to have the straight port in addition to it, since I'd never need to worry about terrible N64 controllers or outdated control schemes again.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a CNN article:
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/07/08/goldeneye.reloaded/index.html

Whatever it is, I do hope that a deal has been negotiated for the original to be released.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is Olll0lllo:

Baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh humbug!!

85% + says it is just the Goldneye wii game with improved multiplayer & graphics for the PS3 and 360.

13% Finally, the port virtual console/xbox live users where waiting for
(only differnece is , just like with PDXBLA - lots of different faces for the characters - AND it stars CraigBond

1% the basterds took a lot of inspiration from the GEX mod and realeased a revamped , improved, and awesome version of GE (a bitter-sweet event i guess)

OlDYZ is on Vancation - so poor old moi has to do some of his errands

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lets hope activision doesnt dissapoint, lets see what their idea of reloaded is

only something classic can be reloaded

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
This is Olll0lllo:

Baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh humbug!!

85% + says it is just the Goldneye wii game with improved multiplayer & graphics for the PS3 and 360.

13% Finally, the port virtual console/xbox live users where waiting for
(only differnece is , just like with PDXBLA - lots of different faces for the characters - AND it stars CraigBond

1% the basterds took a lot of inspiration from the GEX mod and realeased a revamped , improved, and awesome version of GE (a bitter-sweet event i guess)

OlDYZ is on Vancation - so poor old moi has to do some of his errands

I dont know why you need to write in red but it hurts my eyes to read it man. And i bet it hurts others to. Razz

Anyway yea its just keep makeing me wonder what this game is going to be like.

Who know this may be the real deal of the real Goldeneye 007 from the N64 one.

But with updated grafects and reedit levels and new unlocks for the game.

We may get lucky but then on the other side.

This cud be like a goldeneye Ruge agent 2 who knows.

This is really makeing me wonder guys on what this really is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: