ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Lets discuss Secondary actions for weapons - By Olllo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Lets discuss Secondary actions for weapons - By Olllo Reply with quote Back to top

olll0 here,

I was thinking of this since the last time i Invaded Oldyz's account-
Plus his writings about goldeneye Coo-p/ X 'reloaded' levels don't mention anything about it-

Firstlydringly,
the primary hand attack should look like the old Bond slap, and the secondary mode the normal punches of PD
(this would involve "importing " the animation scripts from GE i guess)

It is obvious that the hand held weapons like the ppk should have the meele as seconday attack, but what about the others like the assault rifle , grenade launcher, laser, etc?

also there is the issue with the sniper rifle - it would be really cool to see the secondary mode meelee attack to use the "butt" of the rifle just like in GE ( and for that matter the same with other heavy weapons like the shotgun)

Secondary mode for the grenade launcher options:
Bond throws one of the grenades with his hand (i know , i know grenade launcher grenades are not the same as combat grenades)
Bond goes MCgiver & sabotages the grenade launcher and acts like a proximity or timed mine
Meelee attack again?

Secondary Mode for the moonraker laser:
constant stream like the watch but with longer range
Bond Overloads it and throws it before it explodes
Stun beam (makes dizzy enemies) and the shot looks red (mod texture in one of the alien weapons shots of pD)

Secondary for the Assault rifle:
In real life i think there is something that is done with the AK that sort of works as a secondary mode..... time is running out today so can't elaborate..

Secondary mode for D5K Deutsche:
1 : Bond puts on the silencer (unless the supressed version is a whole other gun)

Well those are all i can think of for today....

Im sure that those goldeneye weapons in real life have some kind of thing that would give them a slightly different function that would count as a B button secondary action, and would be a nice plus to the mod.

Oldyz is On vANCATION - No no nooooo, i clean

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Usually you cannot attach silencers to SMGs. If they are silenced they are like that permanently.

I would just like to see 3 round burst as an second action to most SMGs and rifles. Maybe more accurate than full auto?

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the lost weapons secondary function to that looks like the GE-X original goldeneye. anyway some or many of the dark perfectly codes used in version V1.0 V1.1 which should make him get the secondary functions of each weapon unless they have been replaced by new weapons. I am looking for a MoonJump code that works in version V1.1.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think on the subject of secondary functions and GEX we should go for realism.
What would you want to do in most situations apart from pull the trigger?
Go Silenced?
Throw a grenade?
Use the Butt? (which of course in real life would more than likely break the gun or bend the barrel)

Now I quite like the silencer idea for pistols but it depends on if you want to keep the GE "Picked up silenced PPK" or not.

With assault weapons I think it should be (If you have any) grenades.

Trev

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

when talking about the secondary functions of arming for GE-X, the emergence of a cusetion and we must decide if we want a true to the original goldeneye. in fact agree to provide some weapons with secondary functions, such guns could use the secondary mode of recoil, firing machine guns in his secondary role in bursts (as does TWINE). I would say even TWINE weapons could fit well even in the time or the years that arises Goldeneye. Maian weapons or alien Skedar bit like me, its functions instead if I like. I would like the Callisto was replaced by the CMP-150, and another gun that I like is the Magsec although I would not know removed weapon decide to replace it. slots of weapons that were not beta incroporadas PD but are in the game with a gameshark is another question for me since it would give the game with 2 or 3 more sloped arms.
good about the questions all about secondary functions for weapons of goldeneye, opened to ask how this would affect the game
¿Ask ourselves whether this would affect the goldeneye we try to be faithful to the original?
anyway when you finish making defnitivamente GE-X, maybe if it would be a good time to experience many things, even to pose a mod other than GE-X.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

from what I picked up I like the idea of a switch between semi (or 3 round burst) and full Auto.
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4oXrPdkRKGNOTZIGPy7SQhCmBSXf4v92UyI9F7j7GHnIPEzLW[/img]

When making my suggestions I forgot most Assault weapons have this.

Trev

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
from what I picked up I like the idea of a switch between semi (or 3 round burst) and full Auto.
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4oXrPdkRKGNOTZIGPy7SQhCmBSXf4v92UyI9F7j7GHnIPEzLW[/img]

When making my suggestions I forgot most Assault weapons have this.

Trev

Olllo can't see the pics -

I think GEX is going to stay more like GE64 when it comes to the weapons...
I played around with the thing on Saturday and When it comes to the multiplayer it is pretty much Goldeneye with improved personal options for the other players -
As far as i can see the multiplayer experience of Goldeneye has been 87 to 92 % achieved -

So i think the Improved weapons can only see the light of day on the
COOP/REFRITO(refried) versions that Oldyz has conjured up -

I am very conflicted - & you folks will have to see why in
this thread @ the PD section - http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=47755#47755

And this suggestion/question here - http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=47749#47749

Oldyz is on vancation - wrestling games on the N64 need an editor

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Moonraker Laser should have a ZOOM secondary function. I always wondered why the Laser never had zoom; it has a scope after all.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ollllo
Nyx -
besides that- i was doing some testing of the gameshark "iron sights codes" that Oldyz was making for Goldeneye -
The Iron sights version of the aiming of the moonraker would look even sweeter if the little screen (is it a screen?) would have some animation of sorts
(available for users of 1964video plugin)

But it seems that We could not figure out how to make scopes in PD and GE, translucent , i think the polys have to be given translucent values -

Oldyz got great deal on Tommy Goldfinger pants

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it would be nice for the grenade launcher to have sticky grenades like the devastator as it's secondary function. You could make the knives one weapon and have hunting as the primary function and throwing as the secondary. The rocket launcher could either have a targeted rocket like PD's rocket launcher or fly-by-wire rocket like the slayer as the secondary function. The shotgun could have a double blast as the secondary function and the automatic shotgun could have either that or something else. The moonraker laser could have a charge up shot for it's secondary function. As for zoom on the laser, just make it have a 2x zoom instead of a zoom secondary function, because that would be pointless. Perhaps the grenade could have a proximity pinball secondary function...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: