ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Star Treck TNG based Video/level project of Doom...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Star Treck TNG based Video/level project of Doom... Reply with quote Back to top

Ollllollll0 here -
This thread is a long response to jmm review
and a inspiration/cautionary tale for the rest of the forum -

& something Jedi QuestMaster might also enjoy.

The whole mess started back in 2010 around january - & by then
I (ollllO) finally listened to Oldyz tall tales of a magical forum that already had hacked some pretty neat things for the GE & PD games.

Many of you that had checked out the PDXBLA Xbox forums already might know that i wanted 4j studios to expand the port with new content- and all that time i tried to convince the PD fans to Band together and demand such thing.

Since words seemed not sufficient i regrettably accepted to help Oldyz showcase some PD hacks using youtube -

the showcase was going to be a bunch of videos featuring PD's hidden potential and possible extras it could have.

OF course we ended up with just one video so far, and here is What the second was going to be

Enterprise - Borg Assault.

Since the PD levels are have been pretty much played to death, another youtube video featuring another boring game-play session was pretty much a NO -GO

Something had to be different, What about a bunch of video stories?
stories with 2 freak characters that tied them all up even if they are not that related....

So We decided that we would turn Air Force One - Antiterrorism
into A Star Trek parody -

The Mr blondes would be replaced by Borgs
The datadyne soldiers in to Androids
The President in to Captain Picard
And the Air force one crew into Enterprise crew.

We where to use every hacking trick we knew - Gameshark replacement codes, Texture replacing with The PJ 64 glide plugins, Special weapons using Gameshark & video editing to insert some funky stuff.

-Where everything went south -
First
we had machine trouble - Glide was not working well, our special "Plasma" weapons did not display properly because of it,
Second ,
i got ambitious and began to try and get a bunch of sound clips from star treck and the sounds to edit took up way too much space in Ñ's machine.
Third ,
Ran out of time - Pretty much the ides of march where 20 days away, making the video and having Ñ upload it was going to be too late to have any effect.
Fourth,
Our strongest machine blew 2 capacitors , it still worked but we had constant crashes making the recording sessions annoying as hell.
Fifth -
My insistance of everything looking as good as possible AND to BE MADE WITH THE GAME ITSELF- at the end of the day the Enterprise still looked like a Grey air force one & the interior of air force one only had a different color scheme.
Sure the Crew lookd OK, the borgs too and the "androids" (crash site robots) seemed to fit fine.

-The ugly end-
The capacitors ended up corrupting our HD, Oldyz notes about the shark weapons where on paper but all mixed up & a mess.
the gameshar file of PJ 64 got replaced by a fresh one because Ñ installed the emu again- so the interactive list of GS codes is lost....
Our demos using split screen & the project pretty much fell off track.....

-- New Life?------
It has been a year +, Subdrag has perfected his sound injection tool,
Oldyz found out about Blender & Hammer and Model editing is now more llikely -
& Perfect dark editing is getting better
A whole Enterprise ship looking level can be made by remodeling the Air force 1 interior to look more like a Star Trek set Plus
The Borg & ship crew can be made to look more varied by editing more specifically each character in the level

New machine in the future might mean better performance & rendering of the edited video & the best part:
The video itself Might be a playable level - (for PC owners at least)
since the weapons are made using GShark snd some of the weird stuff also requires it - Plus the textures look better using the Emu-

IN any case if we never get up to speed, I hope
Jedi QuestMaster & jmm review could make an alliance of sorts & come up with more ideas for this, and hopefully all this stuff & fluff won't go to waste....

Well that is it for now, gotta go and get those videos from Fumbles for the Continuing 3d junk

Oldyz is on Vancation - Why do kids have to buy new crud for the school year? All i needed was a pencil and some paper

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to port Andy Wylies Star Trek: TNG from Quake 2. I think I actually got it in obj format with textures, but I never got it looking right ingame...one day I mean to get back to it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FYI this project is reborn and Radorn is doing the work to update the obj file for GE/PD!

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sound pretty cool to me, I would love to play a new PD level there is only so much I can do with video editing, Sure I could edit stuff into the background as long as the camera is stationary like for a cut-sceen or a video but I couldnt do anything if the camera is moving around (like if someone was playing the game)
But let me know what you need and I can tell you if I can do it.

P.S. If you arent Oldyz why do you post on his account? I still dont get that part.

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jmm review wrote:

P.S. If you arent Oldyz why do you post on his account? I still dont get that part.

Wait never mind I just found another post from you explaining that!

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jesus wrote:
jesus wrote:

If yo mutha!

HMHMMHMHHMHMHMMH

ehhhhhhh wassawataawaa????

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jayloonar wrote:

I am a troll

I know

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jmm review wrote:
jayloonar wrote:

I am a troll

I know

ಠ_ಠ

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
FYI this project is reborn and Radorn is doing the work to update the obj file for GE/PD!

Olllo here:

Sounds great, Fumbles & I are looking forward to it -
Oldyz is more of a Star wars fan, IN fact he wanted star wars , but the majority voted for Picard -

As revenge he Cooked up that whole Patrick Pacard thing & "stole" some of our weird stuff planned for PD - (and the meme, of course)

i'm thinking you plan to keep the Level as faithful as you can to the quake mod right?
We missed much of the modding of quake bacause our best machines at around 2003 & 4 where pentium 1s with dial-up internet -
I was aware of the many street fighter mods & simpsons and trek mods since 1998 but never tried any -
In fact my first FPS i completed was Doom 2 and then skipped
right on to Goldeneye.
Quake 1 was my 3rd & beat it on the N64 too - i experienced it on the pc the year it came out , but it was soo slow i did not bother beyond the demo-

ANYWHOoooo --
I'm pretty sure that even if you keep the enemies & everything as close as possible to the Andy Wylies Quake 2 mod, PD's AI will make it a much more superior gaming experience than the original quake-

jmm review wrote:
Sound pretty cool to me, I would love to play a new PD level there is only so much I can do with video editing, Sure I could edit stuff into the background as long as the camera is stationary like for a cut-sceen or a video but I couldnt do anything if the camera is moving around (like if someone was playing the game)
But let me know what you need and I can tell you if I can do it.

I hope there is time - Even tho Radorn's project will make it unnecessary, i hate for things to be abandoned -
Also the video thing was going to have 3 or 4 weird things that might make some people laugh , think, or cry -

OLdyz is on vancation - Fumble's '3d' stuff was 76% UNACCEPTABLE

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:

Also the video thing was going to have 3 or 4 weird things that might make some people laugh , think, or cry -

I am all for that man!
and as long as its a video I can photoshop backgrounds and stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: