ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Fourth Official Patch Released! @ 07-30-11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update for next release...

Sub was able to figure out where the weapon usage and preferences data is stored. We haven't been able to decipher too much of it thus far, but he did figure out the reload time. So, all of the GoldenEye weapons now reload for Sims at about the same speed as human players. This means that some pistols now reload slightly slower (since were really fast with PD's original data), and other submachine guns and assault rifles fill up quicker. It's more balanced now, and is more fair to both Simulants and human players.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now that I actually have the n64 adapter and controller, gonna play this for the ultimate experience. Thank you wreck!!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are a few weapons currently being worked on, with some nearing a public revealing. Once we iron out the remaining kinks in them, you'll find screenshots available in dedicated preview threads.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've updated the sky blocks more appropriately for the levels in VR mode. Now, it may not have much of an affect via emulation (depending on graphics plugin, perhaps), but it lends more atmosphere to the stages and boosts the performance slightly. Some might not like it, but the fog is back. Maps like Temple, Caves and Egyptian were sorely missing it. It's certainly a noticeable change to the levels.

Also with regards to console playing, some of the black and white textures that were mipmapping strangely (either by going light or dark from a distance) have been replaced. Most of them look very similar, while others may have slightly more contrast or mild loss of detail. If you're curious, here are some examples. The upper walls in Archives and Library/Stack, the entire Caves map, the walls in Temple, and some wall decorations in Bunker ii.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I've updated the sky blocks more appropriately for the levels in VR mode. Now, it may not have much of an affect via emulation (depending on graphics plugin, perhaps), but it lends more atmosphere to the stages and boosts the performance slightly. Some might not like it, but the fog is back. Maps like Temple, Caves and Egyptian were sorely missing it. It's certainly a noticeable change to the levels.

Also with regards to console playing, some of the black and white textures that were mipmapping strangely (either by going light or dark from a distance) have been replaced. Most of them look very similar, while others may have slightly more contrast or mild loss of detail. If you're curious, here are some examples. The upper walls in Archives and Library/Stack, the entire Caves map, the walls in Temple, and some wall decorations in Bunker ii.

How lovely, i'm glad to know you got the sky working properly now and the fog as well. The level really needed it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The interesting thing is, none of the Combat Simulator stages in PD use fog. Also, only a handful of missions do. Since the fog does work via emulation, I was able to run a quick test in Egyptian to compare it with and without. Surprisingly, I didn't notice much difference at all. That was with just one player, so it might have a better affect with multiple players. It felt like it helped on console slightly more. If the fog was more dense, it'd likely be more noticeable. I stuck with the amount used for 2-Player mode (though some maps share the same values for all players).

I know there are some who prefer not having the fog, since you can see more clearly across long rooms (such as in Temple), and while this may be realistic in some applications, the fog adds something extra to the environments. I prefer the change, but for those who don't, they should be able to disable fog in their emulator, I think.

There could also be a framerate difference between playing in Lo-Res and Hi-Res modes, though I haven't tested that too much. It may depend on how many models and characters are on screen. Playing Lo-Res did help in some levels and events in PD missions, after all.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just as a related aside, Sogun at one point was testing the "non-mipmapping" feature that was added. It apparently disabled fog, which is why we don't really use it, but the more interesting part is that it still resulted in improvements in gameplay just like as if fog existed. So I guess the culling is not related to the drawing of fog, but the effect.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wrote new descriptions for the various simulant types from Q's perspective. I'll also have to make a new combat ranking list, as well. Not sure if any other text edits are necessary at this time.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing the project back in action! Sweet stuff

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Just as a related aside, Sogun at one point was testing the "non-mipmapping" feature that was added. It apparently disabled fog, which is why we don't really use it, but the more interesting part is that it still resulted in improvements in gameplay just like as if fog existed. So I guess the culling is not related to the drawing of fog, but the effect.

you mean that mipmapping in some cases can be harmful?
i thought mipmapping was a thing that helped all the time!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been working on the weapons over the last week. We're getting quite close to finishing off the main arsenal, and have even put in some extra things that were probably unexpected by most. You'll just have to wait until they become revealed, either in promo shots or a preview trailer.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We should have some new pics to put up very soon.

Since we've been working so hard on the weapons, we have also managed to get them loading more smoothly in the menu inventory screen. Before there was a noticeable pause when scrolling through the list on the ported GE weapons. Now that we've updated the files to preload the appropriate textures for each model, that pause is practically non-existent. The only weapon that takes just slightly longer is the Automatic Shotgun, and that's because of how intensive it is. That one gave us the most headaches trying to get working. I can't say for certain if this also affects actual gameplay. It's very difficult to tell whether or not the guns load more smoothly when equipping them. It is possible that it does make an impact there, but it is very subtle. Either way, it's an improvement over Patch 4a.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

can't wait Razz

Simdrew1993
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am eager to see these new pics too Very Happy You guys are doing a great job on this keep up the great work!
Enjoy my discovered glitch videos in PD 64..I've discovered quite a bit.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also excited to see new pics!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: