ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Fourth Official Patch Released! @ 07-30-11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used my original PD cart.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Montiel: I don't want to start making it a habit of generating new patches whenever a few little things are fixed. That would get terribly annoying for people playing online, since they'd constantly need to make sure they're all using the newest version. Once there's enough updated content to justify another release, we'll make sure to let everyone know about it.

Hiroshi: Thanks for trying out the patch and giving some instructions to help people with the same backup device as you who may be experiencing problems. How does the game perform for you once you've actually gotten it to load?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

hiroshi_x
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I used my original PD cart.

That's exactly why it boots without a problem for you, try a different game I didn't mention and you'll get a black screen on boot. PD refuses to boot without a specific chip present, and you not only have the specific chip, you essentially have the exact same game in the slot. As fast as I remember, there was never a specific patch to fix this particular game, just generic boot emulators. At least it's not like other games that re-checked after boot and caused some mayhem with your save file or prevented you from using basic maneuvers in-game.

It would be nice if future console versions of the patch addressed this, but there probably aren't too many out there with this old-school setup. The new flash carts emulate the chip and newcomers won't have this problem.

Wreck wrote:
Hiroshi: Thanks for trying out the patch and giving some instructions to help people with the same backup device as you who may be experiencing problems. How does the game perform for you once you've actually gotten it to load?

I didn't play either of these games much back in the day, so I'm probably the worst person to give feedback on it. I played the patch alone for a while with 8 simulants on various levels in high res mode, and it's not crashed during gameplay. There's some understandable slowdown when a lot of action is going on, but nothing game breaking. It's really fun with the unique bot personalities playing off each other. The menu itself has been the only quirky part. I wasn't able to do anything at all without a memory card in a controller on boot, and it crashed when I tried to start the MI6 Headquarters... Like I said earlier, troubleshooting things is a bit of a pain since the loading process is so long for me.

Since this release was fully console compatible, I just wanted to see what this Goldeneye multiplayer mode was all about. Experiencing these multiplayer levels on high-res, full screen against bots is probably the best experience I'll have with the game. It'll be good training if I ever get to play against veterans of the game IRL.

I'll return with better feedback after I've had more time to play it. Thanks guys for your hard work!

edit: fixed "MI6 Headquarters"... played again tonight, didn't have any crashes playing with the menu. Challenge 6 was really intense!

Last edited by hiroshi_x on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what would be the best settings in pj64 for this release?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Challenges: We haven't actually set any of them up properly, yet. That might be something we'll sort out for version 5, but anything in there right now is probably a weird mish-mash of Perfect Dark and GoldenEye. Only the first three were tested during earlier releases.

Perfect Dark ROM PJ64 Settings...
CPU core style: Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method: Protect Memory
Memory Size: 8 MB
Advanced Block Linking: Off
Default Save type: 16kbit Eeprom
Counter Factor: 2
Larger Compile Buffer: Checked
Register caching: Checked
SP Hack: Unchecked
Use TLB: Checked
Delay SI Interrupt: Unchecked
RSP Audio Signal: Unchecked

hiroshi_x
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Challenges: We haven't actually set any of them up properly, yet. That might be something we'll sort out for version 5, but anything in there right now is probably a weird mish-mash of Perfect Dark and GoldenEye. Only the first three were tested during earlier releases.

I figured I'd be playing it wrong, since I'm not familiar with the series. Despite that, challenge 6 was really fun in the cave level. The ones after that got glitchy, so I went back to playing simulant matches.

I should probably load up PD just to see what the normal menu looks like Razz

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, well said.

I can't believe I forgot to ask though:

C-KR Launcher ? Surprise weapon ? It's the Slayer from PD, but, the rocket that comes out is HUGE. And you can shoot it. I frickin love it !

Oh, also, me and a bud had N-Bombs, playing Space Race on Citadel. 4vs4vs us 2

The sound is different ? And you can see more of its "tornado effect". Damn Citadel is nutty

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Perfect Dark ROM PJ64 Settings...
CPU core style: Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method: Protect Memory
Memory Size: 8 MB
Advanced Block Linking: Off
Default Save type: 16kbit Eeprom
Counter Factor: 2
Larger Compile Buffer: Checked
Register caching: Checked
SP Hack: Unchecked
Use TLB: Checked
Delay SI Interrupt: Unchecked
RSP Audio Signal: Unchecked

Thanks for posting the settings! I was about to dig through the last release topic to find the settings that made it work. Thanks! These setting really make it work nicely, and it's interesting, it even changes the intro and menus everything.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A friendly game of Flag Tag gone horribly wrong...

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LMFAO Wreck :p

quaternio
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
A friendly game of Flag Tag gone horribly wrong...

Looks pretty good! Goldeneye X seems to get really good!
In the PD engine it should be possible to create better lightning effects than in GE. Keep up the good work!

quaternio
Pictures: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=47776#47776

Own translation: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=5227

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A good idea is the modification of some trick cheat menu so we can CHOOSE the color of blood we want, should be like when we choose a team color in multiplayer. certainly do not know what happens when I select a team color emulation in multiplayer crashes.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha thats just epic.

That really looks great thu.

Maybe when i get my brand new Windows 7 laptop this X Mas ill join you all on a online game of Goldeneye.

It be great to play online again on a none lag game.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still looking for arms on 2 handed weapons and of course lights. Smile

Also is that guy flat? Like a pancake? Razz

When you were talking about mirrored weapons versus non, does that mean that you can dual wield 2 handed weapons? Hmm Terminator...

It would be good to have the ammo indicator back to the original but I suppose one could just disable it (more realistic anyway, having to count your ammo)

I Read on here a while back about "Iron Sights" how did this work and can it be an option? (Yes someone showed me CoD and I quite liked the aiming system)

Goodnight,
Trev

Zodiac
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, those pictures look awesome:) Great great release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: