ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Any anime fans around?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched a lot of anime back in the day, but now I'm more a manga guy Razz

When I was a child there was a lot of anime on TV: Captain Tsubasa, Dragon Ball, Dr. Slump, Kinikuman, Lupen III, Dash!! Kappei, Saint Seiya and many others. But I don't remember most of them, heh.
Anime has been always very popular in France, so a lot of it came to near countries as well.

As I grew up, in the late 90s and early 2000s I watched Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Love Hina, Vandread, X, Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X), Azumanga, Detective Conan, Hajime no Ippo, Naruto, School Rumble, Monster... an a lot more thanks to the internet and fansubs. Also the Studio Ghibli movies which I like a lot.

But I haven't seen much anime in the last few years. I watched Code Geass. The first season was very interesting, they went crazy in the second and the ending was really good, hehe. When was that, in 2009? 2010?
Since then I've only watched another one which name I don't remember, which was awful. It was about some warriors travelling to the past to prevent some kind of accident and there were kids involved. I don't know why I watched it until the end, it didn't get interesting at any point.

At some point I changed anime for manga. I think it was because Slam Dunk continued further from the anime which had an improvised ending, and because Naruto was far ahead in manga too. Same with Hajime no Ippo.
Now, for animes with hundreds of episodes I prefer reading the manga: it's the original work, the art use to be better, there's no filler, the story develops faster, you can read at your own pace... and there's a lot of great manga that hasn't been addapted yet (20th century boys and most of the work of Naoki Urasawa, Vagabond, most of Berserk).

I would watch short animes, not more than 26 episodes or so. So I'll take a look to your suggestions Wink

My favourite of all time is "Vision of Escaflowne".

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man,Azumanga. I remember watching that as a kid.I do also recommend Negimai Magister Negi Magi. That show is just very entertaining. All the students there which I now know it's 31. They have there own cool new personality. Honestly I don't even know all there names. But I give it a good thumbs up like Mushi-Shi.
Cool Cool Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why Am I always bringing this back up? Very Happy
I have just finished watching the shows I wanted to watch and now I'm just stuck. I do not know what else to watch. Can any of you recommend some to me. Thanks.

Last edited by Rey on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann if you haven't.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This season has been a bit disappointing. There were several series that started off pretty good but took a change 4-8 episodes in.
  • Kyokai no Kanata went fanservice-heavy after episode 4. Was great before that, and looks like now that the plot's started up again it's gotten better again.
  • Samurai Flamenco got really weird 7-8 episodes in.

There's a few that are popular I just can't quite get into.
  • Monogatari Series can only be compared to the original Eva series in presentation and pacing.
  • Unbreakable Machine Doll is 60-70% fanservice.
  • Then there's Kill La Kill: a series so gratuitous in every way it would make Quinten Tarantino blush.

Galileo Donna isn't bad. The OP is glorious ;*) Kyousougiga has been fun, though I should warn you it isn't always easy to follow.

Vision of Escaflowne: the anime and manga are two entirely different beasts. Love the anime, hate the manga. In many cases though the manga really does go much more in depth. Been meaning to read through a few myself. If you've never, read the Naussica manga. There's easily enough content for a sequel.
One great manga->anime conversion was Attack on Titan. There's a level of parallelism that you don't really see outside of anime->manga conversions.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, there's a Vision of Escaflowne manga!? I have to find it! Even if you say the anime is superior.
There's a movie too, with a very different plot than the anime. Still very enjoyable, great animation and stunning soundtrack.

Naussica, I have seen the Studio Ghibli movie. Unfortunately it was censored in Spain and until it came in DVD part of the story was incoherent. I liked the original a lot.

All Studio Ghibli fans should listen to this Wink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVCdLi6FGVg

I'm following both Attack on Titan manga and anime. Very interesting until now. There were a few anime chapters streched too much, but some of the later new scenes were great. I still don't like how they adapted the final revelation, though.

Rey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster wrote:
Try watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann if you haven't.

I tried watching it. Seems alright. Is there an English version? They say things quick before I know it the sub tittles are gone.

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Somewhat. I'm primarily into Fantasy and Sci-Fi and shooters I suppose. I try to be a pragmatist about it. Siting an Upper Limit to Fiction. Natural scrutinizer for the most part too.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: