ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Zelda Ocarina\Majora's mask Levels, props, characters, etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, well that was one of the things I liked about TWINE.
GE/PDs superior graphics and sound would have made it better.

Trev

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ollllll0 here:
mistamontiel wrote:
Personally, I'm not really fond of any Zelda. Too medieval and long for me

The 3 map Banjo Kazooie patch is ace, though. Hilarity. Is there chances of an even larger level though ?

The entire Gruntilda's Lair..that would be so amazing =) Or have them split in pieces if not possible

hey - back off buddy or well get MEdieval on ye -

Anyway - no one says the levels have to look medieval -
also - is the Egyptian level on Goldeneye too "Bronze Age-y" to you?

SubDrag wrote:
Swimming I've found to be bad in all games!

Wreck wrote:
Yeah, swimming in most First-Person Shooters is kind of lame. It's more suited to action adventures, like Mario and Banjo-Kazooie.

Ooooooyyyyy!!!
Guys - just because you are bad V-game swimmers, does not mean the activity is not enjoyable

Good swimming - Mario 64 swimming
BAD swimming - Super mario sunshine (seriously - did Mario suffer a stroke that messed up his skills?)

Good swimming - Turok 1
A tad less good - Duke Nukem 3d
A bit less good - Quake

Trevor wrote:
Hmm, well that was one of the things I liked about TWINE.
GE/PDs superior graphics and sound would have made it better.

Trev

That's the spirit - Laughing
Evidence of Bond's Swimming & Jumping Prowess are all over the movies -
I have a feeling that the issue is that Coding a water environment was going to be difficult or troublesome for the GE PD engines (probable crashes or big frame-rate drops) REMEMBER -
to Rareware's standards The vision underwater WOULD HAVE HAD to look realistic - That means vision distortion similar to Ocarina's distortion when the camera is underwater -
they probably would not accept no less and decided to scrap any plans for water------
as for jumping - GS codes of different gravity values for levels on GE suggest that clipping would have had problems with jumping on the wrong places -

And for other places
Hehe i confused Gerudo's frotress WITH Desert temple and was going to say it might be too big -

Shadow temple would be a fantastic place to battle - even better if we could gameshark an auto-jump code to be able to hop to platforms
Plus - in similar fashion to Aztec Complex - full of false walls.

OK guys - this discussion has been fun -

NEXT WEEK it might not be here, we have been told to Cease & Desist
by probable nintendo goons and it seems that discussion of N64 zelda levels is off limits to GE & PD hackers until given the green light.

Oldyz is on vancation - Getting Medieval at the king's Coronation

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun has been working on this for some time, and now it's released! Kakariko Village.
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=221

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We're going off-topic, but...

I don't think Rare bothered with swimming for GoldenEye because, other than in the hotel, Bond doesn't go in any water in the film. The whole idea of swimming may not have appealed to them, since it wasn't introduced in Perfect Dark, either. I imagine they would have been able to implement it, had it beed something they really wanted to incorporate.

Cease and desist? For what, exactly? I don't understand why anyone from Nintendo would bother with this, since nothing is really happening. You may need to explain this further for us.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

sumbodyshero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Yeah, swimming in most First-Person Shooters is kind of lame. It's more suited to action adventures, like Mario and Banjo-Kazooie.

I think swimming is pretty badass in Turok Dinosaur Hunter. That was more specifically Spelunking though. It also had its moments in Deus Ex, but I feel like Turok to this day has the best swimming physics by far. You actually felt the resistance of the water, had a pretty decent air supply, and the dedicated underwater music was an excellent touch.

sumbodyshero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They can't tell us to cease and desist anything if there is no money involved in what we do. We could combine every game on the planet and add stripers and profanity that would put Duke Nukem to shame, and as long as there is no money involved, there is nothing they can do.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Sogun for another awesome .xdelta

Me and a bud found a hole in the wall though. Like one of the east/west side ladders is tricky to climb. Right side of it usually throws you off. But if you plunge into the wall across or building wall to the side you can escape the level.

Good stuff regardless. I read there's different skies depending on the amount of players. In 3D8, and 64++, it's usually just black. Perhaps I will Glide Napalm it next time

Hoh damn. We're in the PD subforum. 00PS

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've heard of at least two mods (a Stargate one, and something else) that were told to stop by the owners of the property. These were being made by regular people, to be released (I would imagine in patch form) for free to the public. Somewhere down the line, they were forced to abandon the projects and move onto something else. Unless, of course, they were using that as a cover for just giving up on them.

It appears as though we've been quite lucky with GoldenEye. The rights holders can't even work out anything between each other, nevermind be bothered to come after a small group of loving fans who want nothing more than to draw additional attention to their product. It's fourteen years old, so that helps us even more.

There's also quite a few Super Mario 64 mods going on, and I haven't heard Nintendo going after a single one of them. I'm sure it's possible, but so long as they aren't being passed around as complete ROMs, there shouldn't be any problems.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

sumbodyshero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Big corporations try to flex their muscle in getting people to obey them, but you've got to know your legal rights and know that we are not violating any laws (pretty damn sure about that).

They might want us to stop, but modding isn't anything illegal. I was even required to take TWO classes on it (Modding I and Modding II) when I was in school for game design.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Thank you Sogun for another awesome .xdelta

Me and a bud found a hole in the wall though. Like one of the east/west side ladders is tricky to climb. Right side of it usually throws you off. But if you plunge into the wall across or building wall to the side you can escape the level.

Good stuff regardless. I read there's different skies depending on the amount of players. In 3D8, and 64++, it's usually just black. Perhaps I will Glide Napalm it next time

Hoh damn. We're in the PD subforum. 00PS

Hi mistamontiel, I'm glad you like the level.

I've found three bugs in the level but there's no way to fix it with my knowledge. They seem to be clipping related but I didn't find anything odd.

I suspect the issue with the ladder happens because it's too short. It seems that when you reach the top and wait for the POV to be straight you won't fall from the platform. Increasing the number of players makes the issue even worse, no clue why.
The other two issues are crossable walls. One inside the house with the two beds, and the other inside the windmill. Those seem to be caused by vertical clipping, but I checked it and looked fine.

I've started the port of Kakariko to PD and the ladder issue seems to be fixed. I'm using the GE clipping at the moment so I still don't know if I'll be able to fix the others two, but I have good vibes about it.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Sogun, great work on the level man! I'm not so sure if you know this but I made a video to showoff the map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWR3RhJkWcc&feature=channel_video_title

Hopefully that spread the word, those that left a comment were really happy to see Kakariko Town in GE. I suspect some of them downloaded it for themselves as well. I'll be sure to make a video when you port it to PD.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TH126 wrote:
Hey Sogun, great work on the level man! I'm not so sure if you know this but I made a video to showoff the map

Cool video! It already has more views than the patch has been downloaded Laughing
Thanks for advertising the level.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz, everyone's entitled to their opinion, give it up. And sorry I attempted to change subject

Sogun, this level, to PD ? That sounds stellar. Because the only multi patches for PD are solo levels ported to multi, which is still badass and hope will be complete

PD needs some fresh custom levels

EDIT: Regarding swimming, water levels, no one has mentioned Conker's Bad Fur Day ? I got up to the deep underwater part and left it there. Never past that legit since. Was way too dark at the time, and I had to frickin lend my cartridge, just great.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm was the level made from scratch or a real port?Other then that it looks awesome! Can't wait to try it!

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know for a fact i'm not a mod or anything but this topic has gone way off topic on and off to much.

This needs to take place in another topic then this one.

Anyway back on topic.

Great level Sogun you really impress me on all you have done. Smile

i'm really hoping to see this level port on over to Perfect Dark. Since it has easier clipping to do then Goldeneye has.

Anyway please keep us updated as much as you can on your awesome projects. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: