ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Zelda Ocarina\Majora's mask Levels, props, characters, etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ BGS
I captured the geometry of the level (both outside and inside areas) with '1964' emulator, and did some changes on my own. The mesh wasn't textured so I had to do it myself. Vertex colouring was made by hand and Wreck helped me with the objects (pots, doors, windows and crates).
It wasn't a one man project, althought I did it almost on my own I needed some advice and guindance from SubDrag and radorn.

I've learn a lot with this. I'll have to post a "Making of" since I have lots of pics from the process. Until then, you can get a little more information in my blog

@EternallyAries
The PD port is going pretty well. The known bugs in the GE version are gone, but I have found a new one Confused (I can't climb up the ladder from the graveyard path). I've been fixing the clipping and thinking in the crazy things that players could do. There are new reachable places that needed new clipping.
How do I get here?
With amazing ninja roof jumping skills!!!
It's not easy to reach the potion shop roof from the item shop roof, but it's doable so I have to prepare the level for that.

Here are some other pics I took yesterday:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

sumbodyshero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fiiiiirrrrreeeeeeee Teeemmmmppplllleeeeee

NUFF SAID!

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Olllllo Here:

First , big thanks tophillies037, Sogun & Radorn for their upcoming zelda projects -

@ TH126 -

Blast Man! - we have been beaten to the punch

Well , the 'tour' we had in mind is Stereo 3d, so not all is lost -
Also the little issue that the Patch is for GE and i don't play GE much anymore...

ABOUT SWIMMING

the issue of the swimming applies because of the very iconic water levels that Zelda games possess -
Since water temple seems to have left such a vivid or "traumatic" experience on many gamers, i think the idea of porting will be to some unnecessary , but to others a must -
ONe big problem about porting Water temple, is the complete absence of water physics on PD & GE -
the only thing we have is water surface (carrington villa pool)
The only solution i can think to "simulate" it is to use PD's toxic area programming to "drown" (radiation poison) players trapped under the water line, and of course ladders & elevator platforms to escape these areas.
Beyond that of course, it would have been a great experience to play Water temple in First person & swim the sunken areas with the precision found in TUROK 1 -
Next best thing is to find a way to modify the gravity in certain rooms or areas to at least - Like in zelda - make the players sink (fall slowly) to the bottom...

mistamontiel wrote:
EDIT: Regarding swimming, water levels, no one has mentioned Conker's Bad Fur Day ? I got up to the deep underwater part and left it there. Never past that legit since. Was way too dark at the time, and I had to frickin lend my cartridge, just great.

The only solution y can give you is to adjust the brightness contrast ratio - on a tv that really allows it, (some tvs auto adjust for the "purest blacks" but end up messing V-game visuals)

@ sumbodyshero
Fire temple is a great place, but one thing is a must -
We need the Original "forbidden" music if it is also "imported"
Some of its areas demand that Some form of jump be implemented -
the lava area with the bridges is very dramatic visually, but not fit for PD , GE without jumping

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Title change warning POst -

I have to change the title to include more things about the zelda series-

A soon as Sogun had announced his kakariko project -

We had discussed what other things would be nice to see
(weapons , characters)
Oldyz told me awhile ago about a mod of Samus in Ocarina of time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOnsoWppysU

i figured since then it might be possible to export & import stuff from the zelda games - but did not give it much thought until the Hyrule field & kakariko announcements -

For now i say this - bombchus & flying -bouncin' explodin' cuckoos -
& turning the tiny skedars in to tiny Wallmasters

Oldyz is on vancation - Punching Chickens to see what happens

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Hook shot! Reply with quote Back to top

image by olikan

I wonder if this weapon could ever be hacked in-
& at least made to grab enemies or objects

About The kakariko map for Perfect Dark:

are there plans to implement movable wooden crates using the hold B button?
BONUS - if some of this crates explode big like the one in area 51 AND their Explosiveness properties can be made random.
NOT a random placement of the same Bomb-crate, BUT the Bomb-crate property affects 2 out of ten crates:(say the level contains 15 crates) different crates, each time the map loads...

Oldyz is Working- Pushing the steamed bananas cart at 88 miles per hour

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

About the Kakariko map in PD.

I haven't done anything with it in a few weeks. The level is nearly complete but we have come up with odd difficulties: framerate makes it unplayable when a second player (being human or sim) joins the game.
It's really odd since the interiors are different rooms than the outside areas and there are doors and windows in order to keep those rooms unloaded until it's necessary; but a map without those doors and windows performs better...

Aside from that, sims paths became a nightmare. I tried many things but sims seemed to be drunk and didn't walk straight, so the get stuck in some corners or couldn't decide where to head. Perhaps Wreck would find a solution.

Movable wooden crates was a topic we discussed. My intention was to move the crates but pushing them (like the furniture in the Carrington Institute) and not by pressing B. I can't remember what we said back then Confused , but I do remember that someone stated that crates could only be pushed a certain distance away from its initial position.
Making them explosive isn't possible, since the object reappears with a smaller size or something like that. Although I think that will be cool too.

I made a video about the current state of the level:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4PYWTMqmZw&feature=feedu

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00lllllo here:

Impatience forced me to log on & check out the video-

Fantastic job Sogun & team-

-About the crates 2 the legend of Curly's crate o' gold

, if i'm not mistaken there is some rare crates in the Zelda games that can be picked up and moved , they are smaller than the regular sized crates-
It is appropiate to have the big crates move around like the furniture @ villa, but their default position on the zelda game & your current patch does not seem to be of any use offensively or defensively -
also , they do not seem to blow up- not the big crate bomb explosion-
but the small Goldneye archives (multplayer, single) or train level crate explosions -
Smaller B button movable crates could be around and even a bomb crate (area 51) some where in the open area (to serve as an unnoficial offensive trap for other players)-
These crates of course would have to be modified to hover even lower than normal so they do not seem to float....
another option is to make the Bomb-crate one of those Goron Bomb Barrels

The jars
I wish those & even the bushes could be picked up and used as a throw weapon-
which reminds me of one thing i wish i could test out-
00dark made the area 51 level with - i believe - hoverbikes -
I have always wondered if levels could contain weapon "objects" lying around - in this particular case it would be throwing knives turned to pots & bushes-
these objects would have the behavior of single player weapons found on 1 player levels (they don't ree-spawn) so once you pick them up & use them they are gone - or in the case of pot-knives- stuck to the walls
(i think it has not been resolved to make throw weapons that break on contact)
- reminder - weapon "objects" theory also applies to the combat shield/bullet proof vests

ready for a mission?
man, watching the video , it seems that the level is ready for some single player action-
hostage situations, explode a bomb in the well, Poisonous "cursed" spider house, floating poes that launch rockets....

Y tu nieve?
1- the windmill rotates but the inside parts don't - there is apparently no rotating elevators or platforms in PD - so i guess to have this would take hex magic, or a weird group of triangle elevators moving in in sync on a circular path (overlapping)
2 - graphic improvements for the emulated future -
appliying the high resolution textures already out there for Oot
using 1964video - animated volcanic clouds -
inside the magic shop - torches with halos of light that flicker

Rain-
the rain works in 4 player multiplayer?
i think the system does not handle that - heck - chicago in coop mode - i don't think it's even there!

Sogun & team -
I have no love towards the sims - none-
if Oldyz & i ever complete a multiplayer patch, i will leave the path stuff & sim troubles & notes to anyone that wishes to do so-
I give highest priority to Human vs Human interaction (the only thing i stay true to o'l goldeneye) and if a patch is ready to support 4 players, IMO, it should be released-

Oldyz is sleeping - noctabulist fiends - get your magic markers ready....

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun, this is totally amazing. Great job on Kakariko Village for GoldenEye and I'd love to see it in PD too! I've been making PD solo levels for multiplayer and I love all those. After I'm done with them I'll think of something else to do with PD. How do you capture the geometry of a level from another game for porting? And the textures? That's about all I would need so that I could get a project going in the visual editor then just do background/portal scaling, clipping, path sets, etc.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

@00lllllo
My idea was to make the level the closest to the original as possible, so nothing else will be added.

About the crates. I wanted them to be explosive and movable. There aren't many things to do with them but I thought of use the crates to block some ladders and doors. There were issues with these ideas but I can't remember well, maybe Wreck can explain it.

Picking up pots and use them like throwing weapons would be awesome! I never thought of that and I don't know if it would be possible. Make it so the player can only have one at a time; primary mode like if it was a stronger punch and secondary mode like a throwing weapon that causes blurriness...

The rain only works in 1P mode, alone or with sims. No rain in 2P, 3P or 4P deathmaches.
The windmill rotating blades is all Wreck's work. I didn't think about it while doing the level and he offered his help. If the inside of the windmill don't rotate is because no one knows how to do it.

@00Dark
To capture to geometry I used '1964 v1.1' emulator and the 'Nemu 64 graphics (combine debug)' graphic plugin. You have to create "C:\VRML", run the emulator and go to the zone you want to capture. Then use "Export VRML" in the graphic plugin menu. It will create a vrml file with the geometry (background, characters and even HUB!) and a lot of bmp textures in the folder created before.
Textures aren't attached to the geometry so you'll have to do it yourself (I did it with DeleD).
You have a little more info in my blog: http://sogunstudio.blogspot.com/2011/07/kakariko-village-in-goldeneye.html

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay that's great Sogun thanks! I've always wondered how people ported levels and extracted the background geometry and textures from the game they're porting the map from. I'm definitely going to try this. I'd like to port Icicle Pyramid from Diddy Kong Racing to GE/PD! That would be a great multiplayer level because it's a multi-leveled, fortress-style map kind of similar to Citadel.

Oops, I installed the wrong 1964 emulator version. Rolling Eyes

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

olllloo here:
Sogun wrote:
Hi guys,

About the crates. I wanted them to be explosive and movable. There aren't many things to do with them but I thought of use the crates to block some ladders and doors. There were issues with these ideas but I can't remember well, maybe Wreck can explain it.

I'll take a guess and it has to do with messing up the sims,
maybe it will also affect any eventual 1 player versions..

Sogun wrote:
Picking up pots and use them like throwing weapons would be awesome! I never thought of that and I don't know if it would be possible. Make it so the player can only have one at a time; primary mode like if it was a stronger punch and secondary mode like a throwing weapon that causes blurriness...

Oldyz told me that he may have found a solution to the "pot/knife" problem (stuck pots on opponent's bodies)
and the lack of breakaway throw weapon problem, i'll post it once he is done with his illustrations

Sogun wrote:
The windmill rotating blades is all Wreck's work. I didn't think about it while doing the level and he offered his help. If the inside of the windmill don't rotate is because no one knows how to do it.

I want to know if the rotating windmill blades solution is related to the rotating blades found in the lucerne tower-

about the rotating platform inside -
by studying how the paths of floating platforms (multiplayer base, multiplayer ravine) & or the path of the elevator at Airbase works -
there could be a way to craft a rotating octagon-
this could mess up the behavior of Sims tho

Still , rotating surfaces can come in handy , especially if anyone wants to make Mario 64's haunted house level a multiplayer arena-

00Dark wrote:
I'm definitely going to try this. I'd like to port Icicle Pyramid from Diddy Kong Racing to GE/PD! That would be a great multiplayer level because it's a multi-leveled, fortress-style map kind of similar to Citadel.

hehe , back at the xbox forums i tried to convince the "fans" to at least ask for them to include arenas from other rareware games & Diddy kong racing was one that i mentioned as an example...

Are you planning on shrinking the level a bit? or are there going to be Hoverbikes-
i'm sorry HOVERBOATS
--------------------to get around??? Question

Oldyz is at the store - putting products in his pregnant disguise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: