ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Online hidden screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KO Teknik
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Goldeneye Online hidden screen Reply with quote Back to top

it's possible one day to make a special plugin video to hidden automatic screen of another player ?

To look like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqAsOCOneBU

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely could be made with a plugin.

KO Teknik
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah but i don't know where can make that and where i musst ask for it ^^

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mhm. But you have to remember, you're all viewing the same exact screen. Even if your Player 2, and Player 1 played singleplayer, you'd still be watching their screen. So what ever changes you make, your friends have to make the same ones as well or desynch.

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
Mhm. But you have to remember, you're all viewing the same exact screen. Even if your Player 2, and Player 1 played singleplayer, you'd still be watching their screen. So what ever changes you make, your friends have to make the same ones as well or desynch.

what if the same plugin covered the screen depending on which player you are, am i making cents? :S

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jayloonar wrote:
acceptable67 wrote:

what if the same plugin covered the screen depending on which player you are, am i making cents? :S

You're making sense, but you'd have to distribute that same plugin for everyone to insert into their own emulators, or it won't detect you all have to same game. Doing it for just your self will not happen multiplayer wise.

KO Teknik
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if the plugin vidéo it's Combined with the input plugin or the Netplay input plugin maybe he detect wich player you are and hidden automatique the good screen ?

Or the plugin ask you wich player you are ?
Because Online gaming it's a sync of pad ?
Maybe it's to big job to make that ^^

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Streaming video footage would be the best way to sync without any chance of desynchronization. You could also sent only the player's video feed, making it impossible to peek at other players. But that's way slow and large for most people's connections. Another method would be to memory hook multiplayer variables and positions, and then sync the data via an external program. I know this is possible, as the modification called Multi Thief Auto relies on this technique.

But GoldenEye is not written in x86 and we're dealing with MIPS assembly so that's way too hard and impractical and would take a few years to do.

Last edited by stolen on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

KO Teknik
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cry ^^

Hum hum and a simply little modification of émulator to add function this fonction will just put one firts screen a black windows on other player ?
The function are only for the Host of the game and ask how many player are in the game and if you reply 2 he just hidd de middle screen and if you reply 3 or 4 he hidden the screen with screen look like this :

and for other player he automatic rotate 90° peer player ?

Maybe it's not to big job but i don't know i'm noob maybe with this function all player must use the same resolution or maybe it's to possible the function detect the resolution and scale the screen ?[/img]

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you can probably do this with some sort of direct3d (or openGL) proxy to add that kind of occlusion through shader effects.

KO Teknik
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^^ me i can't i don't know programing ;o)

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forums KO Teknik.

Ah the great old goldeneye online lol i not play online abowt like a year.

From what it looks like if you use that plugin everyone else will need that same plugin to or else like acceptable67 said it will desynch.

And doing the Streaming video footage idea is great and all but it will lag very bad on net game mostly on bad connectons.

It better of just playing with the 4 screen showing since it be very trubling trying to only show one screen at a time.

And i forgot to meton if you did some how pull this off you need to have one big pc screen or else it will be all blury on a 1 screen since it is like zomeing on to a screen.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you can code some rotatable overlay?

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A few years ago I was really pushing the emu guys to see if this would be possible. I never did see any working solution. As crude as it may seem, the construction paper/cardboard cover up is the quickest and easiest solution.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

olllo here -

Oldyz used to configure an nvidia card to zoom in to the desired area
by using a keyboard sequence to zoom and other sequence to zoom out (to see menus and junk propperly)
sad day when we parted with the cards -

worse not all cards might do that and i'm guessing is a pain in the gluteus maximus²

Oldyz is still at lunch - chocking on tentacle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: