ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Golden Eye 007 Fans, The best emulator IS HERE! 1964
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reaper1984
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Golden Eye 007 Fans, The best emulator IS HERE! 1964 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit: I didn't read about this emulator on goldeneyeforever or goldeneyevault, but it seems like it's already been mentioned here in this forum. So this thread is unncessery, maybe delete it Smile

Edit AGAIN: You need to setup these settings to make it work! (Otherwise the emulator will crash, and totally not work! Like acceptable67 is saying in his post)

Here is the emulator:
http://www.mediafire.com/?k5p5ykfyyss8c82

Video: Glide64 Napalm WX release 1
Audio: Azimers HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2 (Seems to solve the audio problems, the sync feels better too!)
Input: Whatever you want i guess, N-rage i usually use for Mupen, Project, and this emulator.

Video settings details: Common settings:
vertical sync: ON
Anisotropic filtering: ON
Autodetect: ON
Use framebuffer objects: ON
Speed: Fps counter: ON (really dont think this matters, but anyway).
The rest is off!

Emulation Settings:
Filtering mode : Automatic
Buffer swapping Method: New

Lod Calculation: OFF
Aspect ratio: 4:3

Fog: ON
Buffer clear on every frame: ON
Software depth buffer: ON

Maps that i have tried that work so far (some doesn't work, but you hackers probably "knows" what needs to be fixed, or changes in the internal rom settings that might make them work). Other then the original golden eye maps of course, which works flawlessly, we had so much fun today me and my friend, it was almost even more fun then playing it on the original 64, simply because this flows like a modern fps game now that the fps is "fixed" to 59-60 constantly!.

Golden Eye X i haven't managed to get working, but since Perfekt Dark works, i guess a "hacker" can solve this as well as solving why these others maps i name arent showing up in the multiplayer map options.

Kakariko Village = Works.
BMW Maps = Works, but really fast speed. (Solved it, rom settings counter factor set it to 1, most likely is the solution to the other "speed ups" as well, haven't tried, yet).
Datadyne = Works, really fast tho (Counter factor 1 solves it)
Labyrinth = Works set to counter 1.
Donut land = Doesn't work.
Streets = Doesn't work.
New York = Doesn't work.
Jungle = doesn't work.
Attack Ship = Works!

Last edited by reaper1984 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:22 am; edited 13 times in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That was probably the worse emulator I've ever used. Not only would it not read my rom; it crashed when I chose another one.

Settings are very confusing, by the way.

PJ64 Is miles ahead.

reaper1984
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, really?
It crashes for me sometimes when trying to get fullscreen really fast.
But waiting a little then choosing fullscreen solves it.
YOu really need to get this working.
It's so smooth! Sorta like Car Park:ish with mupen, but almost all the time, little slowdowns, here and there, but not as big of a deal as in project 64/mupen, when there's a lot of action going on.

Last edited by reaper1984 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How many frames you get is depending on your graphics card and how good your PC is

My PC is very good, so I get 60 on PJ64

The Auto-fire is a speed up plugin?

When I start my ROM I hear the really choppy music and I have no visuals and the graphics are fxxked.

reaper1984
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: THe settings are ZEROED in the RAR File (for some reason.....even tho i used my "own" files/settings when raring it)
You need to adjust the settings according to my first post.
SCROLL UP PEOPLE! Laughing

Last edited by reaper1984 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I understand ^^ I don't know of any though, I personally use FRAPS, but it slows down FPS.

Can I request this topic be moved to 'Emulation'?

reaper1984
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've posted in the wrong forum too? Hahaha, what an embarassing first post.........
But i guess i was so excited i really didn't "look" correctly.
Laughing Embarassed

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

reaper1984 wrote:
I've posted in the wrong forum too? Hahaha, what an embarassing first post.........
But i guess i was so excited i really didn't "look" correctly.
Laughing Embarassed

It's okay Very Happy

reaper1984
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you gotten it too work yet?
I'm playing it on my tv-screen now on my laptop (my other computer)
It works ev en better on that computer! So **** awesome!
But again the sound is a little out of sync, but when the game flows like it does, i really don't give a crap.
I rather play it this nicely, then the mupen/project 64 style.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok time for me to tell you all about emulators and how some work on old PC while other will work perfectly on new PC.

We will start with 1964. This emulator been out for sometime now. It has little to no slowdowns and it been known to work even on the oldest PC i seen to date. (not joking) But there are problems. It can at random time stall on you and freeze on you. It can also have random slowdown at some point. As in goldeneye. If you blow something up. It will slow down for a moment. And not every plugin works for this emulator. And one of the plugin that has problems loading is glide64.

So this is truely not the best but it is a great emulator to be use on an old PC.

Now Project64 and Project64K.

This is truely a great emulator i seen. It has little to no slowdowns at all. And it has great online play on Project64. As in 1964 is super laggy.

And all plugins i have tested so far since i tried it works.

It also has no slowdowns when it comes to blowing things up in goldeneye. Unlike 1964 it lags when blowing something up.

But there is one problem. Keeping a good CF from 1 to 10 on an old pc is hard. So when playing try forcing it in CF 3 to keep it from slowing down and speeding up.

Now comes the mighty Mupen 64.

This emulator is truely the best of the best i seen so far. It renders everything with out a problem. And there no slow downs at all in it. It even looks great with glide 64.

It can handle about all the games in nintendo 64. And it also has the best online game play. With very tiny DS problems. as long as you find a server that works for you that is.

But the only huge problem about this emulator. It need a very good computer to handle it.

But yeah here the emulator way i rate it.

1964 [Works great with old and new computer well and its a nice decent emulator.]

Project64 and Project64K [Works good but need somewhat a good computer for little to no lag that is.]

Mupen 64 [The best working emulator but also needs a very good computer to be play on.]

So yeah there you all go. Read this and you all tell me what you think is better out of the 3.

And i got my self 1500 post. Very Happy Big post for a 1500 post for me.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats on your 1500 eternal. In my opinion I still believe p64 is the better.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah it is a great emulator indeed acceptable67. It works great. But it still in need of some updating and fixing as well.

We both can say PJ64 and Mupen 64 are the best. But ect has it pros and cons.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
Ah it is a great emulator indeed acceptable67. It works great. But it still in need of some updating and fixing as well.

We both can say PJ64 and Mupen 64 are the best. But ect has it pros and cons.

Yeah. Have you found out a plugin that fixes the sky in the levels?

reaper1984
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, i just saw someone else has posted about this emulator i posted about, but strangely enough this emulator mod isn't mentioned anywhere almost.
So mupen can run this with 59-60fps constantly aswell? Too me when i switch between mupen/1964 (this build of it anyway) it's a huge difference in framerate. The 1964 is smooth and flows, when turning around in a circle, while mupen is not so smooth in comparison. However i agree there is some slowdowns, but i can't agree that 1964 slowsdown particularly on explosions? i could shoot many rockets and it just keept flowing on for me anyway? But then i have a modern computer too. So on old computers maybe it doesn't flow. But too me this is about finding the perfect emulator for golden eye, not for other games, and for golden eye i'd say the 1964 is so much more flowing/smooth then what i've got mupen/project 64 to do.
One map however that runs really smooth on mupen is the car park map.
Really like that one. Gonna have to try the Glide64 in mupen just because of this talking
Wink

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like i have said reaper1984. You need to have a very good computer to run it perfectly reaper1984.

and a plugin that fixes the sky? That be Rice's Video plugin. It will render the sky as a texture for you. It wont move but its the best you can do. Unless you get the new Project 64 1.6.1 and its update that radorn posted sometime ago.

That render the sky perfectly with moving clouds as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: