ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Golden Eye 007 Fans, The best emulator IS HERE! 1964
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
And it has great online play on Project64.

Haha, that's hilarity

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you are looking for a graphic plugins that renders GoldenEye and Perfect Dark skies, you should look for Glide64 'Napalm WX' release 1. It's what I used for my Kakariko map screenshots. The sky not only moves but it's also more acurate than with Rice.
It handles special effects like distorsions of the vanish cap in Super Mario 64 (not even the Virtual Console on the Wii does it) and other Perfect Dark effects like blur, eyefish cams and light flares.
You need a powerfull PC to run it, though.

Download it from here: http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got it. Thanks.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Haha, that's hilarity

Well you do know that back then that was the only online play emulator that work. Before Mupen 64 you know.

And it was a great emulator for online play still is. I play Super Smash Brothers sometimes on that emulator. Since it works great on it.

And Mupen 64 i find it the best Goldeneye for online play ever. It has like little to no lag at all.

Now about that plugin you posted Sogun.

I got to see how this one works. I seen a lot of plugins but never i seen that plugin before. Thanks for posting it. Smile

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You don't use Napalm for online play, you use Jabo 1.8

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WCW NWO World Tour/Revenge/VPW1, needs Napalm. Wayne Gretzky's needs it for a smooth rink.

And in Mario Parties I have gone out of sync due to 3D8. Plus Napalm kills the flickering in them

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still find Jabo 1.7 to be quite lovely for any computer thu.

It runs great and it has like no slow downs. Very small mess up texture. Hardly notice at all.

It even works great for a 256 MB ram.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use the Napalm one now, it's good, but he's right, you have to have a good PC if you want to max it out.

I get 50 frames average if I MAX it all as high as it can go... It's pretty good.

I just keep my settings on the default on it and still get my old 60 frames, just with the addition of a working sky and goggles.

reaper1984
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

anyone got this to work with golden eye x?
Would be nice to try if that works better then mupen.
Rolling Eyes

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm excited to try out this Glide64 plugin. Will be doing that this evening hoepfully. Good to hear about it!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been out of scene for a while. Looks like I have a previous version of this plugin from 2008. Yikes, it's been a while!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone confirm this?

Perfect Dark
Frame buffer emulation must be disabled in multiplayer mode to avoid flickering. Most of the special effects used will not work without frame buffer emulation, but it's not that important for multiplayer.

---

In other words, no Slayer working in multiplayer. If I do recall, and I have a bad memory, this was the issue I had with the plugin. So for me, it's kind of important for multiplayer.

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
Can anyone confirm this?

Perfect Dark
Frame buffer emulation must be disabled in multiplayer mode to avoid flickering. Most of the special effects used will not work without frame buffer emulation, but it's not that important for multiplayer.

---

In other words, no Slayer working in multiplayer. If I do recall, and I have a bad memory, this was the issue I had with the plugin. So for me, it's kind of important for multiplayer.

Yes, that is correct. Split screen multiplayer will be useless unless you disable frame buffer emulation, which in turn, causes the game slow down at 1 FPS when using the slayer cam. I suggest using Jabo 1.6.1, but Jabo doesn't emulate team colors unlike Glide64 does.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. Yep, Jabo is the man. I have yet to really crack into his new version. Glide is great but I love the Slayer. Gotta have the cam view!

nadbohr
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: best multiplayer single screen experience? Reply with quote Back to top

sorry if that has been asked before, but what is the best emu + settings to get GE N64 running in multiplayer mode with 4 XBOX controllers?

greetings!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: