ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE XBLA Possible?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: GE XBLA Possible? Reply with quote Back to top

So I emailed Nintendo about goldeneye and rareware, and this is what they said:

Hello,

Thanks for writing. As you may know, In order to diversify our portfolio of developers and projects, we sold our controlling interest in Rare, Ltd. to Microsoft back in 2002. While Nintendo's great franchise characters such as Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Star Fox remain exclusive to Nintendo systems, Rare retains the rights to franchises and characters they created, including "Killer Instinct," "Perfect Dark," "Conker," and "Banjo-Kazooie." For this reason, games featuring these franchises and characters will likely remain exclusive to a Microsoft platform now and for the foreseeable future.

That said, there hasn't been any announcements for the type of games you described to be released in North America. More importantly, we do not have any information that tells us this game will or won’t be announced, but I will pass along your comments to the departments which make those decisions.

We often hear from excited fans asking if a particular game is going to be announced. I don’t want to dampen any excitement you feel about these games, but I want to make it clear that until Nintendo makes an official announcement of a particular game there is nothing we have to share about it—regardless of any rumors you may have heard or announcements from Nintendo subsidiaries elsewhere in the world.

If or when we do make an official announcement about any of these games, we will share all the exciting details on our website (www.nintendo.com). Until that happens, we appreciate your patience and ask that you continue checking the website.

Sincerely,

Gabby Allen
Nintendo of America Inc.

They replied within the hour, and i also made fun of activision, maybe they feel the same way

It can be possible if was made for the xbla and wii u

Anyway, we need massive amounts of people to message them about GE for the wii u and xbla

noalegal@noa.nintendo.com

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The videos that were leaked were impressive. Not sure, but I do think that if it ever does happen, they will mess with it. Fiddle might be a better word. It appears programmers can't leave well enough alone. I'll stick with original game outputted to HDTV for now. Plus all the great new custom levels.

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Color me pessimistic, but I doubt spamming Nintendo will make them release the GoldenEye 007 port any time sooner. They already know there is a demand for GE, which is why they boasted about the Wii version at E3 2010.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Olllolllllooh boy....

I've said it once
I've said 4 times now.....

Mass mail your obsolete Goldeneye carts to the home of NOA's president
& Nintendo Japan's president & maybe they'll get the point.

sometimes to obtain you have to give something up....

Oldyz is across the street, fighting with the street lamp

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

obsolete... Shocked

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
The videos that were leaked were impressive. Not sure, but I do think that if it ever does happen, they will mess with it. Fiddle might be a better word. It appears programmers can't leave well enough alone. I'll stick with original game outputted to HDTV for now. Plus all the great new custom levels.

they wont, all they were gonna add were online and new multi player maps
pd on xbla is the n64 game with the same glitches

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD XBLA is a replica, not a port. There are differences, not to mention the controls like holding down a button to bring up your inventory. But with that said I will always remain a skeptic of these kinds of releases. If it's a port, then OK, but if it's not, then it's up to the discretion of the programmers of how it turns out. Not to say they want to mess it up, but I'm sure they will find something.

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
PD XBLA is a replica, not a port. There are differences, not to mention the controls like holding down a button to bring up your inventory. But with that said I will always remain a skeptic of these kinds of releases. If it's a port, then OK, but if it's not, then it's up to the discretion of the programmers of how it turns out. Not to say they want to mess it up, but I'm sure they will find something.

That controller issue is a thing i tried to prevent with all my mighty mighty might at the forums back then -
many times 'twas repeated to follow the precedents set by emulation + 360 controllers, but they sure did not listen-

If the much needed Goldeneye ports are ever made, this is an issue that has to be watched with laser focus to prevent ugly controls

radorn wrote:
obsolete... Shocked

Ollllo here:
The game itself it's still a wonderful thing - timeless
The hardaware is a complete sadness to see it die,
I can maintain my N64 pretty well,& i have metal components
but still -
i can see signs of decay in the n64's plastic already, the
N64's contact "comb" will not last forever either, the cartridges are in pretty good shape tho-
+ there is the ugly rumor that the chips within some carts lose their memmory after 20 years (can't confirm that one & i hope its not true)

BUt the biggest issue are the blasted controllers - as you can see from some other threads around these parts, the controllers are & WILL be an issue, once those are gone, the N64 cart version is pretty much useless-

HOw many carts where made?
how many are out there pretty much abandoned?

I have 3 copies & can pretty much part with 2
If such Mass mailing protest scenario where to happen &
as a bonus - related to recent events these past 2 years- i would send Satoru Iwata half a dozen goldeneye wiis

Oldyz is still commuting - no change for the bus clown

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im sorry to say this to you all. But i still can not see this happening ever.

I mean Nintendo lay it down on Microsoft and Rare. I just still cant see this happening. Even in a 100 years. unless Nintendo and Microsoft settle in on a deal.

But if this happens. They will need to fix the controls and stuff. Like the aim. I do for the love of god. If they at all put the same controls from PD Xbox360 version. Into goldeneye Xbox360. I will kill Rare.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

with the WiiU getting released soon I do believe that the chances of seeing Goldeneye appear(either port or "remake" like PDXBLA) are a bit higher.
Why?
Well one of the other reasons why it didn't happen on xbla and Wii is because the Wii would have gotten an emulated version while the xbla would have gotten the full on updated remake.But now that the WiiU is more powerful then the wii and presumably the 360 I think both systems would be getting the same updated game.

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

STOLEN_TEXTURES wrote:
Color me pessimistic, but I doubt spamming Nintendo will make them release the GoldenEye 007 port any time sooner. They already know there is a demand for GE, which is why they boasted about the Wii version at E3 2010.

i doubt they know there is a high demand for it, they think its settled with activiison game

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jayloonar wrote:
STOLEN_TEXTURES wrote:

i doubt they know there is a high demand for it, they think its settled with activiison game

Perhaps, but it would take more then just spamming Nintendo's email accounts to allow the XBLA port to be released. One of the reasons I suspect Nintendo denied the release was that GoldenEye Wii was being developed at the time, and Nintendo didn't want to jeopardize the exclusive Wii release/contract agreements with Eurocom.

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

STOLEN_TEXTURES wrote:
jayloonar wrote:
STOLEN_TEXTURES wrote:

Perhaps, but it would take more then just spamming Nintendo's email accounts to allow the XBLA port to be released. One of the reasons I suspect Nintendo denied the release was that GoldenEye Wii was being developed at the time, and Nintendo didn't want to jeopardize the exclusive Wii release/contract agreements with Eurocom.

what ever, but we can spam them saying to allow it for te xbla and wii u

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jayloonar wrote:
STOLEN_TEXTURES wrote:
jayloonar wrote:
STOLEN_TEXTURES wrote:

what ever, but we can spam them saying to allow it for te xbla and wii u

Why would they listen? Spamming Nintendo will not "allow" Nintendo to release GoldenEye XBLA. They will just reply back with same vague marketing PR, and that's all that will come of it. Mother 3 fans had did the same thing, and the best they got was Reggie admitting that there is such a demand, which turns out wasn't enough for Nintendo to release Mother 3 in english.

Last edited by stolen on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PaRaDoX wrote:
with the WiiU getting released soon I do believe that the chances of seeing Goldeneye appear(either port or "remake" like PDXBLA) are a bit higher.
Why?
Well one of the other reasons why it didn't happen on xbla and Wii is because the Wii would have gotten an emulated version while the xbla would have gotten the full on updated remake.But now that the WiiU is more powerful then the wii and presumably the 360 I think both systems would be getting the same updated game.

Ooooololololllllllooooooooooohhhh..

Brilliant - i had completely blocked out the wiiU possibility-
and come to think of it, a wiiu port would be very similar if not entirely compatible with a Nintendo 3ds version - (for on-line multiplayer purposes)
For 1 they both would have very similar-ish control schemes.

It s time to hijack one of Oldyz's threads and change it a bit,
to discuss what is surely to happen somewhere in the multiverse....

Oldyz is at work, breathing in lead fumes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: