ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

SOPA PIPA and ACTA acts.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MAURO wrote:
My opinion? This is the right thing to do.

You don't know what will happen do you?

They will shutdown this site and any other hacking sites. They will shut down youtube. And they will shutdown any other video sharing websites.

All Rom hosting sites will be shutdown.

Anything that has one tiny pirated download added to a site will be shut down instantly.

we wont have free will to host any site we want anymore. Internet will slowly die as well if this pass.

So mind telling me why you agree with SOPA?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MAURO wrote:

Oi, do.. er.. jus..

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone read George Orwell's novel "1984"?

As a philosophical experiment it was quite interesting to think about a society like that (although, obviously, no one would like to live that way). I read it in the late 90's and I found some small similarities with our own society, although I never thought that the two of them would get closer and closer through the years (yeah, I'm beeing pesimistic here).

Ok, this message may have a lot of imagination and be very pesimistic but I wrote it that way so you can think about all the possibilities.

TV is highly manipulated to create specific currents of opinion. The news don't report about what is happening around the world but about what they want you to know. And sometimes they blatantly lie.
Internet is the place (probably the last one) where those interests can't take control. Of course you can find real info about things the main stream don't report and fake news (and crazy conspiracies) that the people make up, but it's up to you to tell the difference.
So now they will hurdle Internet to gain control over it and make it a second TV.

Now there's this law in the US recently approved about detaining US terrorist suspects without trial. I have also read about the posibility of expanding the Anti-Terrorist Law to target activists (I don't know if it's real, but imagine it is). There you got it: "the thought criminals" as they are called in the 1984 novel (sorry, I don't know how they are actually called in English). People that are arrested not because they commited a crime, but because they where thinking about it (and being against the goverment was considered a crime).

Also there's this new privacy policy that Google will take soon. They will have record of all of our activity in the google sites and link it with a very exhaustive profile. They will even track us by GPS if we are using google or youtube in our cellphone!
This is very similar to the concept of "telescreen" described in the 1984 novel (again, I don't know how is it called in English), a device similar to a TV screen that proyects images and also acts as a security cam.

Well, heh, just my thoughts.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MAURO wrote:

Olllllo¿?¿? really.....?

I would agree, if these Acts (SOPA, PIPA, ACTA, copyright modernization act for Canada) & countless other Heads of the Trademark Hydra would -
effectively- really & without question protect creators of music , art, books & games.

I would believe it if the blasted things would make it easier for anyone to copyright , trademark or patent things by lowering the prices & making it simple - But alas they will not - patents & copyrights will get more expensive & more complicated - (only for the service of the wealthy)
& part of the reason why is that they will not allow people to fight fire with fire -
Because if everyone would patent, copyright & trademark something (phrases, images, weird inventions) eventually Humanity will come to a ridiculous time when & where nothing can be improved on because someone else needs to give you permission to do so.....
AND THEN a reform about the way humanity puts blocks on its own progress would ensue hopefully

Sogun wrote:
Has anyone read George Orwell's novel "1984"?

As a philosophical experiment it was quite interesting to think about a society like that (although, obviously, no one would like to live that way). I read it in the late 90's and I found some small similarities with our own society, although I never thought that the two of them would get closer and closer through the years (yeah, I'm beeing pesimistic here).

Ok, this message may have a lot of imagination and be very pesimistic but I wrote it that way so you can think about all the possibilities.

TV is highly manipulated to create specific currents of opinion. The news don't report about what is happening around the world but about what they want you to know. And sometimes they blatantly lie.
Internet is the place (probably the last one) where those interests can't take control. Of course you can find real info about things the main stream don't report and fake news (and crazy conspiracies) that the people make up, but it's up to you to tell the difference.
So now they will hurdle Internet to gain control over it and make it a second TV.

Now there's this law in the US recently approved about detaining US terrorist suspects without trial. I have also read about the posibility of expanding the Anti-Terrorist Law to target activists (I don't know if it's real, but imagine it is). There you got it: "the thought criminals" as they are called in the 1984 novel (sorry, I don't know how they are actually called in English). People that are arrested not because they commited a crime, but because they where thinking about it (and being against the goverment was considered a crime).

Also there's this new privacy policy that Google will take soon. They will have record of all of our activity in the google sites and link it with a very exhaustive profile. They will even track us by GPS if we are using google or youtube in our cellphone!
This is very similar to the concept of "telescreen" described in the 1984 novel (again, I don't know how is it called in English), a device similar to a TV screen that proyects images and also acts as a security cam.

Well, heh, just my thoughts.

It is said that Orwell made the novel to Denounce what has been planned for decades....

Now , surprise surprise - I'm not that into books, i prefer to get my "book info" from friends & family (keeping the antiquated tradition of word of mouth story telling alive & well)

Now on to the green stuff:
Yes, tv is highly manipulated Especially US television -
i have monitored these past 2 weeks CNN, FOX news, MSNBC, even the new so-called progressive CURRENT TV -
NONE of them as far as i know have discussed ACTA - NONE - the left leaning channels discussed NDAA - SOPA PIPA , but that is as far as they went ---- the only half assed Reference to ACTA was made by Obama at the estate of the union thing - (he just mentioned "an agreement")
No surprise , since it has been kept secret since 4 or 5 years back.....

Telescreen -
The new generation of TV screens 3D tv screens, are Teles that at one point will have to have web connection for you to get the complete bang for your buck - THEY DO have cameras & microphones -
& as we all know (hopefully all) it will be a repeat of what cell phones are capable of gathering from you currently - smack-dab in to the middle of your house --

Now , Back to the books - here it is for us to read:

-http://www.george-orwell.org/1984-

Like i mentioned before, i don't like to read books, but experience (i guess) has given me enough instinct to notice that somethings are not right, that there is people who want to be on top of the pyramid at any cost and that in mexico & all over the world they are willing to keep everyone else dumb, poor, sick and depressed -

Oldyz is at the 4th level of the pyramid, passing the atole that is to end at the tip of a finger....

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
MAURO wrote:

You don't know what will happen do you?

They will shutdown this site and any other hacking sites. They will shut down youtube. And they will shutdown any other video sharing websites.

All Rom hosting sites will be shutdown.

Anything that has one tiny pirated download added to a site will be shut down instantly.

we wont have free will to host any site we want anymore. Internet will slowly die as well if this pass.

So mind telling me why you agree with SOPA?

Well, I don't use any hacking site, aside from goldeneye vault and this forum, and as long as I know, distribute IPS or Xdelta Patches is not illegal (but contribute...). Youtube, err... I don't think it will be shut down, but it will never be the same anymore, that's right...

To Tell the truth, I don't remembered the hacking sites when I posted my last post, I just remembered of the sites that host illegally music/movies/magazines and so on... Sorry for not remember the hacking sites, trully... Very Happy

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
MAURO wrote:

Oi, do.. er.. jus..

?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MAURO wrote:
acceptable67 wrote:
MAURO wrote:

Oi, do.. er.. jus..

?

Personally I'd be pissed off if some of the sites I visited most were shut down.

Just don't understand how it's the right way to stop piracy.. (Which you can't... Piracy will live on forever.)

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:

I would agree, if these Acts (SOPA, PIPA, ACTA, copyright modernization act for Canada) & countless other Heads of the Trademark Hydra would -
effectively- really & without question protect creators of music , art, books & games.

I would believe it if the blasted things would make it easier for anyone to copyright , trademark or patent things by lowering the prices & making it simple - But alas they will not - patents & copyrights will get more expensive & more complicated - (only for the service of the wealthy)
& part of the reason why is that they will not allow people to fight fire with fire -
Because if everyone would patent, copyright & trademark something (phrases, images, weird inventions) eventually Humanity will come to a ridiculous time when & where nothing can be improved on because someone else needs to give you permission to do so.....
AND THEN a reform about the way humanity puts blocks on its own progress would ensue hopefully

That's exactly want I mean! Nobody respect the artist, just contribute with piracy. That's a good thing about SOPA/PIPA. The bad is that the material is too expensive and, many times, with low quality (here in brazil) and the imported material is WAAAY more expensive, so, this just hurts our money. Very Happy

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
MAURO wrote:
acceptable67 wrote:
MAURO wrote:

Oi, do.. er.. jus..

?

Personally I'd be pissed off if some of the sites I visited most were shut down.

Just don't understand how it's the right way to stop piracy.. (Which you can't... Piracy will live on forever.)

This organization doesn't shuted down any site I like, or visit. I agree with you, piracy will live forever, but, come on: You can think of another way to, at least, lower the piracy? And I agree, this organization is taking heavy...

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ollllo

Brazillian Mauro?
Mauro do brazil.....

Piracy comes about because things are made really tough to get -
windows costs about 300+ dollars in Brazil, which i'm sure its no easy task unless you have a really really nice job -

back in 1998 Goldeneye cost me about 80 dollars, thanks to the grey market - if i had bought it in an official nintendo store, the bloody thing would have cost me about 200 dollars -
& no i made sure they where not stolen - some of the grey market guys buy in great bunches or have a contact that does so - then they get the goods across the borders without paying the ludicrous taxes -

More great prices - Luigi's mansion 1300 pesos (about 150 dollars at the time)

Has it gotten better? well if you go to wallmart or Sams club you might see nowdays bundles that cost the same as their canadian or american versions, unfortunately most of the games that cost about the same tend to be the shovelware types....
and how do wallmart /Sams bypass the nasty taxes that inflates the prices? - tax breaks - AKA bought politicians

& even then -videogames prices do not seem to drop at all, the constant price for games in the 90's was 30 to 50 dollars, and now-days is still the same -
the truth is they are cheaper to make now (the copies) so i see no reason why the prices have not dropped at all...

Now another weird thing - Mauro & folks:
if you have seen the videos about SOPA , PIPA, you should know that it was the very same Media companies that got the whole file-sharing ball rolling, they would promote the downloading of their songs, they provided the tools, they hosted the links on their websites -
even anti DRM software -
I'm pretty sure the same story applies to the pirating of games , especially Sony's tremendous success in latino america, all they had to do is "share" a bunch of game psx images in a few 1st months & the ball rolls by itself later on....

how to combat the pirating? i would start by selling the stuff at least 2 & a half times the pirate price, games for 13 to 15 american dollars - and make absolutely sure that the price is the same in all countries, so at the very least 1 third of the world gets their copy ensuring that they can make a profit and also that users get easy & free access to extra content for having their original copy....

Oldyz is at the Helm, landlubbers

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Going off topic real quick.

The title of this topic has been change to. SOPA PIPA and ACTA act.

And MAURO. As a reminder don't double post. If you feel like you left anything out on your post. Just edit it and be done with it.

Anyway back on topic.

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OOOOlllllllyyyyyaAAAAAAAAARrrrrrGGGG!!!!!!

Vas a ver Soguuuuuuuuuuuuun!!

That blasted 1984 book is more like a handbook for despots than a warning-
a double edged sword of a book if i ever seen one...

good thing it is kinda short

somehow instinct always told me that's how it is & slowly where we are headed - the question is how far are we & if the threshold of no return is still far enough away.

Oldyz is laughing at my pain

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
ollllo

Brazillian Mauro?
Mauro do brazil.....

Piracy comes about because things are made really tough to get -
windows costs about 300+ dollars in Brazil, which i'm sure its no easy task unless you have a really really nice job -

back in 1998 Goldeneye cost me about 80 dollars, thanks to the grey market - if i had bought it in an official nintendo store, the bloody thing would have cost me about 200 dollars -
& no i made sure they where not stolen - some of the grey market guys buy in great bunches or have a contact that does so - then they get the goods across the borders without paying the ludicrous taxes -

More great prices - Luigi's mansion 1300 pesos (about 150 dollars at the time)

Has it gotten better? well if you go to wallmart or Sams club you might see nowdays bundles that cost the same as their canadian or american versions, unfortunately most of the games that cost about the same tend to be the shovelware types....
and how do wallmart /Sams bypass the nasty taxes that inflates the prices? - tax breaks - AKA bought politicians

& even then -videogames prices do not seem to drop at all, the constant price for games in the 90's was 30 to 50 dollars, and now-days is still the same -
the truth is they are cheaper to make now (the copies) so i see no reason why the prices have not dropped at all...

Now another weird thing - Mauro & folks:
if you have seen the videos about SOPA , PIPA, you should know that it was the very same Media companies that got the whole file-sharing ball rolling, they would promote the downloading of their songs, they provided the tools, they hosted the links on their websites -
even anti DRM software -
I'm pretty sure the same story applies to the pirating of games , especially Sony's tremendous success in latino america, all they had to do is "share" a bunch of game psx images in a few 1st months & the ball rolls by itself later on....

how to combat the pirating? i would start by selling the stuff at least 2 & a half times the pirate price, games for 13 to 15 american dollars - and make absolutely sure that the price is the same in all countries, so at the very least 1 third of the world gets their copy ensuring that they can make a profit and also that users get easy & free access to extra content for having their original copy....

Oldyz is at the Helm, landlubbers

(Portugues?) Yeah, I know. I purchased a CD in june/2011... It was R$70,00 (more or less... US$40,00), imported. I don't have a job, so I saved money for three months. End of conclusion: I was broken, but with a good quality material. Here in brazil, cd's are expensive but with a crappy quality (booklet, acrylic, SOUND, and all...). To import, it gets even more expensive (tax rate, or something like this...). If they want to us to buy original, they need also to make it with the same quality of the other countries. Now I need to buy an worthless material and end broken? Nah! Also, I don't think they can lower the price of some thing.... Have you stopped to think how it's expensive for the artist to record an cd? I don't think the prices will go down easily... If they make an good piece of disc... It's a great start for me! (I said: start). Very Happy

EDIT: Sorry for (I forgot your username..) to double post. Will never happen again.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ ollllo
Oh, so I made someone to read the book Very Happy I hope you liked it even if it's depressing at some times.

The book was writen in 1949 an was inspired during the Spanish Civil War (1936-39) where Orwell fought.
http://george-orwell.org/looking_back_on_the_spanish_war/0.html

I recommend a movie I saw recently. It's called "Network" and it was made in 1976. Although it is highly awarded (it won 4 oscars: best actor, best actress, best actress in a supporting role and best writing; plus a nomination for best actor in a supporting role) I've nerver heard of it.

The plot is about how TV networks look for more and more benefits at all cost and the way that influence even the news.
The movie has 3 or 4 speeches that are worthy. Here's part of the first one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tBnhe8ciCw

Even if it was filmed 35 years back the message is very present.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Olll0
@ Mauro -
you mean that legal cd's in Brazil have defective manufacturing?- or are way too expensive in normal stores -
Pirate music & pirate cds in general develop some kind of weird fungus that eats away the metallic data of cd's -
I hate Cds' because of that , not to mention that the most delicate part of cd's is the top more than the bottom, even the legal ones have that horrible defect -
Dvd's dont have that trouble because the data is sandwiched between 2 plastic discs - but in CD's the data is just a thin film of Aluminum type material protected only by a thin coat of plastic or just the sticker -

either way i dislike the disc medium & the tremendous waste they'll make for 1000s of years -

about the prices - at about 5 to 8 american dollars, with well distributed % of the money made & everyone in the music industry might end up well paid - NOTE - not filthy rich , but well paid-
Of the money earned on a 40 dollar cd - maybe 3 to 6% to the Slaves that make the plastic disks cover prints & boxes, 8 to 16% to the actual musician, 10 to 20% for marketing & artists - and what's left goes to lawyers & the corporation-
additional money in some countries goes to taxes that mostly end up in some Swiss bank account later on.....

Now pirates are not any better mostly - they can sell on the cheap because they skip the lawyers, marketing & the fat cats -
The worst of them that are tied to organized crime use Slave labor too...

So that is why i don't buy music at all, either i record it from the radio, buy used CD's or borrow from friends - 448000 hz WAV files are what i look for too , but no one seems to sell those......

@ Sogun -
Well you did finally get me to read a Book -
I had been putting it off for about 15 years now - since it's said it is required reading.
i assure you the book did not surprise me at all -
because all over the world we see all those things happen already.
Network is one of those movies that i see only in little fragments from time to time - never really had actively searched for it , BUT i'm sure its on youtube & officially for free.

I have no doubt that TV is a powerful force now-days -
if way back the Spanish-American war was great for selling Newspapers, i can only imagine how beneficial constant warfare is to Modern media-

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

watch out because i think some long-ish PM is coming later on your way, about the book Laughing

Oldyz went to get some food - ceviche of octopus is me Meal ARRRRrrrrrrrrrggggggg!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: