GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

RIP Nintendo 64 (update)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: RIP Nintendo 64 (update) Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this day will never come but sadly, after almost 15 years, the red light of my Nintendo 64 won't turn on anymore.
It was a quiet death, it didn't suffer at all. I just try to turn it on and it didn't respond.

I played with it not long ago, at Christmas, beating Ocarina of Time for the Nth time to see if it was true that Link had the triforce of courage on his hand in the last scene of the ending (and it was there!!! 13 years beating that game and I didn't notice it at all) and also trying to beat my Ancient Lake record in Diddy Kong Racing... My N64 seemed in good health back then. It never gave me problems; no crashes, no unrecognized cartridges, no deleted data...

Since I got the Gamecube back in summer 2003, the N64 wasn't my main console but I played with it from time to time.

It happened that tonight, on my way home after playing soccer (real football!!), my brother and I found a CRT TV left next to a dumpster. It looked ok so "Maybe someone bought a new plasma and didn't have space for the old TV", I thought (it happens sometimes). After dinner, I and my brother carried the TV to my room and I pluged in the N64 to see if the TV screen was ok, but the console failed. (the tube was broken too, argh!!!). Desperate, I tried my NES and it also didn't turn on!!! (hopefully it was a false alarm). My PSX is still working, though.

I think a friend of mine still has his old N64 and he never uses it so I have that replacement in mind. I'm not going to give up on N64, there are too many memories and amazing gameplays in those cartridges...
...The 120 stars of Super Mario 64
...my invincible team on ISS64 and the legendary rivalry with my brother
...all my records in Diddy Kong Racing
...all 30 medals in Lylatwars (Starfox 64)
...my almost 100% game in Bomberman 64 and it's explosive multiplayer.
...Ocarina of Time, the most amazing adventure I've ever played.
...GoldenEye 007, no words needed
...Wave Race 64 which I usually play in summer.
...Jet Force Gemini as the best adventure Rare ever created.
...Perfect Dark putting the N64 at its limits
...all the hours spent on Mario Golf
...those endless afternoons playing Smash BROS with other 3 friends (and some more waiting fot their turn)
...all the hours spent on Mario Tennis to complete it 100%
...the satisfaction of earning every golden medal in Pilotwings 64
...Those crazy multiplayers in Mario Kart 64
...and Mario Party 3 (oh! summer 2002)
...being the fastest of the galaxy with SW Episode I Racers
...and then save it from the Empire thanks to Rogue Squadron
...accomplished more than half of the total amount of platinum medals in Blast Corps.
...get my copy of Conker Bad Fur Day in 2009 but didn't beat it yet!

Rest In Peace, the system I had most fun with. Sad

Last edited by Sogun on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That sucks man!

I feel so bad. N64 gives me so much memories, and luckily mine still works. Was playing some Mario Party and Super Smash Bro's on it with my family last month. So much fun.

Sorry about your uh, loss. Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Crazy, I've never heard of one dying before for good! Try unplugging for a bit, once I use a gameshark and it wouldn't turn on for a bit (or show red light), but it was just power supply, letting it rest made it work again.

I'm sure you'll find another asap Smile

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Sogun I know how your feeling with your N64 console.

About 14 years ago. I had this Nintendo 64. It was working amazing and everything. I drop it from a 2 story fall. And it still work. It was made like a tank. but then my younger brother got to the N64 back then and drop a coin inside it. It never hurted it. But it had the annoying sound inside it and stuff every time you move it.

So then 9 years later after own the N64 for years. It all of a sudden stop. The LED light never turned on. It never booted. Shocked

I mean it drop from high place. I drop coke on it. I froze it in a freezer. Yes i froze it in a freezer back when i was younger i put it in there. Out of boredom. And it still work. I even drop a hammer on it. Shocked

And it still work. But then that day came and out of no where it stop working. And it never turn on and stuff. So I pick it up and notice it never had that coin sound in it at all. So I been thinking maybe that coin finely rip something inside the N64 and broke it 100% after all those years of taking care of it. (At least try taking care of it) It broke all because of that stupid coin.

I was so sad and everything. Thank god I had spare money to buy another N64 on Ebay.

Anyway I say do what Subdrag did. And start messing with it by turning it on and off once in a while. I might be a dead power supply.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had my N64 for 12 years now, and it still works fine. Granted, I also maintain it regularly with a duster and a cotton swab. EA, I'm suprised that your N64 lasted as long as it did, considering that it may have had long-term damage like microsopic cracks from the 2-storey fall plus the freezing and hammering. I have never treated my N64 like that.
Sogun, I understand that you must feel awful with the death (?) of your N64, but try what SubDrag said. My guess is that connecting it to that TV might have fried it, but I'm not sure. Don't despair, though; I'm sure you can find a new one somewhere...

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ollllllllloollll000000
SOgun -
Bomber man 64 is the most underrated game,
with the right 3 people , with 4 good controllers, it gets as fun as Goldeneye & Perfect dark
it may very well be why i like the N-bomb explosions in Perfect Dark so much....
I have 100% Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

International Super star soccer is still unequaled when it comes to customizing the game-play - (all manual controls was my rule, even the goalie) compared to modern soccer games.....
and then there was my weird mexico team -
friends & i , very human balanced 45 to 65 % ability players, BUT
LA BANCA , was full of superhumans - goku, vegeta, krillin, Pele, & so on -90% plus abilities for them -
(over all our team stats was 99% ranked)
WHAT You are missing the THQ wrestling games, i'm afraid -
Revenge, wwf2000, and No Mercy -
WWF2000 is my pick , because NO MERCY its really slow in 4 players - plus there is this nasty glitch that destroys the experience overall -
and believe me , if wwf2000 was editable completely, it would be much, much better than anything so far....

NOW - your n64 might not be dead - it is true, test it with another power supply - also - the switch might be dirty -
my n64 has acted like that and the solution was to pour isoproplylic alcohol in the switch using a syringe (jeringa) & then you move the switch about 80 times rapidly & wash its inside with more alcohol upside down -
after the alcohol is gone , try it again & hopefully it will work

Oldyz is spreading the word about ACTA at the market place -

http://www.stopacta.info/alertbox

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte, ahmen.. Crying or Very sad

Sorry for your loss..

I agree with you about bomber man oldyz, that was one of my favorite games to play with friends when I was younger.

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel so bad for you. I have mine since 2006 (purchased it used). The console is great, with luck I have another one which I won from my friend that traded it for an X box. But this topic brings me too many memories from my childhood... Oh, my beloved nintendo 64. I remember when I could sit with my brother and play perfect dark for 8~12 hours in sequence, good times.

Also, the triforce in link's hand is a big surprise for me too. I beated the game many times to find it out. Very Happy

EternallyAries wrote:

I froze it in a freezer.

You froze your nintendo 64?? Shocked Now that's the most amazing history in all my gamming life! Very Happy

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MAURO wrote:
I feel so bad for you. I have mine since 2006 (purchased it used). The console is great, with luck I have another one which I won from my friend that traded it for an X box. But this topic brings me too many memories from my childhood... Oh, my beloved nintendo 64. I remember when I could sit with my brother and play perfect dark for 8~12 hours in sequence, good times.

Also, the triforce in link's hand is a big surprise for me too. I beated the game many times to find it out. Very Happy

EternallyAries wrote:

I froze it in a freezer.

You froze your nintendo 64?? Shocked Now that's the most amazing history in all my gamming life! Very Happy

Indeed I put my N64 once in a freezer back when I was like 7 years old. Laughing

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oooooooh Sad that's so sad. I really would cry i that happened to me Sad
I owned a n64 when I was very young but it dissapeared for some reason Sad
my father emulated. but yes, isn't the same. Lucky enough, I know friends who own a n64 Smile I hope you find a solution quick, sogun. I feel so bad sad when reading it, almost began crying Sad Laughing

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got my N64 pretty much around launch. Then something beyond me went wrong and it randomly would keep resetting or right off upon power.. just unplayable..

I am on my second.. I forgot the site I ordered from.. Nintendo Repair Shop something along the lines.. it's that "transparent" purple one.. it's Cool all good Cool

I couldn't even find their little tool for replacing the obsolete jumper pak for the expansion pak. So I flatheaded it and it's still Cool all good Cool

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

IT'S ALIVE !!!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yay!!! Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I shall call it...
The Franken64! Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I shall call it...
The Franken64! Razz

Mwahahaha yes... And now with this Franken64 we will be able to do historical things with this discovery.

Anyway shogun. That great that it came back to life out of no where. And just in time for Halloween. Razz Also did ya shake it or do something to it. To make it start up again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: