ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Attention: single player mission Issue. Sound Issue.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Attention: single player mission Issue. Sound Issue. Reply with quote Back to top

Ollllo here -

BEFORE making your single player patches

in case some of you have not noticed,
PLEASE ----
get rid of the annoying targetting noise -
YOUTUBE CLIP COMING SOON?
in single player & coop

BOND does not have "HEADshot tinnitus"
in the original game!! Exclamation

Bond does not have an R2 unit riding on his skull!!

Bond does not have cyborg implants!!

Oldyz is shooting @ desert rats with blasters

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't it disabled for classic site but not the pd version?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just tested. There's still the bleep sound when using classic sight (I never use sight but indeed I tested and it's there)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Odd rare kept that i'll look into disabling.

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Olllo here
thanks SubDrag -
I was thinking of disabling the sound using the sound tool as a last resort if the majority of you guys wanted to keep the "ringing"
by replacing the ring wav with a silent wav file - BUT
the only problem that might result is that the sound is also used for something else withing the game

If you can, please share the instructions to disable it for those who want to play PD without it -
or share the values to create a Gameshark code to disable the "ringing"

NOW i think some of you might actually like the ringing & to accommodate for this, a code or instructions might come in handy in case other single player patches for PD/GEX come out in the future & some players don't want to be annoyed by it.

Oldyz is searching for electronic junk

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you know which sound digit it is?

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

let's see - according to
Pendragon1995

its either
8005 Crosshairs scroll over a target *
or
8006 Crosshairs scroll over a target *
(different pitch for player 1 & 2?)

i'm checking out the xml file to confirm or look for something else that might be it

IN the sound tool , i replaced 0006 and 0007 with quiet wavs - it worked -

but now it seems that there is an issue with some sounds in PD -
if i replace sound 0006 or sound 0007 with something custom , the whole ROM loses sound in PJ64-
I'm afraid that some sounds might not be able to be easily replaced because they might mess the whole game -
( i was replacing the ringing sound with other sounds to make sure that 0007 & 0006 are different and - maybe player 1 ring player 2 ring?)
BUT
the custom sounds where only modified pitches , or volume changes - the resulting files wheres the same length & size , but they mess up the game's sound -

if this happens with these 2, there might be other files in the rom that can't be changed at all -

Last edited by oldyz on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're right. Looks like sounds 0006 and 0007 (in sound editor), so that's 0007/0008 in sound bank.

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

read the edited above - ran into some problems trying to make sure the rings belong to player 1 & 2
I'm crossing my fingers in hopes is just this machine -

-also i noticed that the sound tool arrows seem to change the order of the sounds instead of scrolling them one by one.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You use combobox to scroll, arrows to move! I was able to replace the sounds successfully, did you use N64 sound tool or GE Setup Editor? You need to use setup editor. And make sure it doesn't say too big.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Subdrag -
My secretario did everything yesterday with the sound tool -
we can't use the goldeneye editor, something is missing on this machine -

i still insist on something too

can a gameshark code be made to remove the sound from Perfect dark?
i want to play perfect dark again in the console with the sounds turned off
but i can't find the hexadecimal numbers that control sounds to replace them with silent sounds -

another thing 0007 & 0006 are the same sound?
or is one of them the indication that the rocket & the CMP150 are locked to target -

Olllo wanted to test this -
but sound tool did not work to replace 0006 & 0007 with success -

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure. At least with the editor I could replace fine. Should work in sound tool too though, unless too big. No easy way to do gameshark, but if we can TLB code that plays sound for this particular situation, which I'm trying to do, can maybe do via GS ASM codes.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do suppose removing the target lock indication sound effect(s) isn't a bad idea. Not that I really mind it being there, but it doesn't feel as necessary without the crosshairs changing colour, as well.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot about this, I meant to keep looking into how to disable this the correct way, but yeah, nulling out the sound is probably the easiest.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even with no crosshairs at all, no sight on screen, that sound will still be present. Pretty odd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: