ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Over lapping tabs and text in most programs I have.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
Mupen is one of few projects actively being developed. On top of that. it's open source.

The system font itself may just be rather large. If you changed it from stock (they're using Tahoma now, right?) they probably just didn't allow their app to resize to compensate. Common problem.

One strange little solution would be to get ahold of a resource editor.
They allow you to reorgainize or, as in this case, resize the elements that make up the program's user interface. It's its own little nightmare, but I've done the same thing with the GE editor (back when I could run it) to set the windows sizable and align things better. If you know what you're doing, you can also make toggles for features that were otherwise removed, such as the cool backup and disassembler in Datel's official GS tools.

BACK UP THE APPLICATION BEFORE USING IT THOUGH!

Sounds like a good idea but if I did edit the code wont Mupen not be able to connect online at all? And if it can will it even be able to connect to players with there none edited Mupen with mine edited Mupen. This sounds like a lovely idea but it can also be a bad one if it wont let me connect to others if I fix this problem.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aries
did you try the windows compatibility mode?
are they existing still in windows 7?

if they are try all modes and see if they make any change

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry off-topic:

oldyz, ye forgot to color your font lol

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finally...
A post by Oldyz that doesn't strain my eyes. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Finally...
A post by Oldyz that doesn't strain my eyes. Razz

Agreed.

And Oldyz I tried everything but it still wont fix my problem. But I do have an idea. What if it was my video card?

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ollllo here :

Eye strain? what eye strain? Shocked
my font colour was rejected by the anonymous association of hypnotoads -
(which means is the opposite of their evil intentions)

back to the topic at hand,
Oldyz forgets what a pain the taiwanese Nvidia card he bought 3 years back caused me -
for some programs you had to use a previous version , for some games & the emulator the newest -
Like i said before , fixing the problem with the card's ability to configure them to specific Programs might work -
but before wasting anytime trying to look at the menus -
Do this: (in XP it was)
"Uninstall" the card
install the vga compatible driver, or start windows in failsafe mode -
Run the program and see if you get as far as the problem areas -
if they look OK then its the card drivers - or something that conflicts with them -
next the tough part --
test with earlier drivers
figure out if you can customize the program using the card's menus
pass some condor eggs over the machine and crack them to see if they have blood & hairs inside
pour some holy water on the machine
or try and get that Vcard changed

Oldyz is catching a cold that i brought in from weekend times

Last edited by oldyz on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, the dark blue on the medium blue isn't easy to read. I find myself either trying to focus harder while reading it, or just skimming through it. And considering the length of some of your posts, that's not a good thing. Why not try using another colour, if you have to make it more unique? Even cyan instead of blue would be better.

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cyan it is then - altho i always thought it makes eyes water -
un color muy chillante

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is much easier to read.
Thank you. Smile

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Honestly, the dark blue on the medium blue isn't easy to read. I find myself either trying to focus harder while reading it, or just skimming through it. And considering the length of some of your posts, that's not a good thing. Why not try using another colour, if you have to make it more unique? Even cyan instead of blue would be better.

I agree with Wreck here. The dark blue kinda hurt my eyes just like good old red did. Cyan looks wonderful with this background.

And the video card might be a problem but I dont think i'm gonna work on unstalling it and doing all that junk since I been known as the person who can make computer run perfect but can also break them to the point where they wont even turn on anymore. Rolling Eyes

But I am planning on buying a new video card soon. I might buy a AMD one for this laptop and get best buy to install it for me. Razz

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eternal, is that the only program that has overlapping text?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nope even some other programs like Super Mario Brothers X Editor. It had over lapping text and it makes it hard to see what i'm clicking and stuff.

And some other window programs also have it I just need to find there names again.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

okay, because if it's just Mario Development related software/applications it's the developers fault.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait I got a idea. I really want to know if its not just me. So anyone here who has Windows 7 can you please use Mupen 64 and use Jabo Plugin. And tell me if its kinda over lapping at all?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At first I wasn't sure, because of the tiny pics but I see your prob.

Damn, you have to use the Tab button ? Can't even click or see the drop arrow, that sucks

I checked your fullscreen res and it looks like my desktop. My desktop is at 1600x900, so I don't think your res is too small

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: