ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Over lapping tabs and text in most programs I have.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:

I checked your fullscreen res and it looks like my desktop. My desktop is at 1600x900, so I don't think your res is too small

The res settings are completely irrelevant to how they display on the application, only in the game.

EternallyAries wrote:
Wait I got a idea. I really want to know if its not just me. So anyone here who has Windows 7 can you please use Mupen 64 and use Jabo Plugin. And tell me if its kinda over lapping at all?

I just upgraded to Windows 8 Consumer and I used to have it on my Win 7 machine, never used Mupen though. Always stuck with Project 64. (Obviously) much better and faster/lighter. Can't remember having overlapping problems.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well my laptop had a problem I had to do a factory restore.

Anyway I took a closer pic of my problem and.

Thats how it looks on my end. And thats Mupen as well Mistamontiel

Chances are i'm thinking its my video card that makes this window problem. And i'm also using the 1600X900 as well.

So anymore ideas before I get my money and go out to best buy and buy my self a new video card?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you dont have text overlapping on your other windows applications besides your emulator and modding tools please, do NOT purchase a video card!

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well then I wonder why this is only happening to me and no one else then. All i'm thinking its my video card but if you think its something else please do help me.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You've changed the style - your bar is red, I imagine your fonts are also changed, they are probably too large.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
You've changed the style - your bar is red, I imagine your fonts are also changed, they are probably too large.

Well I return everything back to its windows default. And its still mess up. I still have no idea why this is happening.

Then I lowered the fonts to the lowest I can get and its still messing up.

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.xente.mundo-r.com/radorn/radorn.themepack
try this and tell me if it works

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
http://www.xente.mundo-r.com/radorn/radorn.themepack
try this and tell me if it works

I tried it and so far it did not work. By the way love your theme looks like windows 2000. Smile

Anyway I took a pic and its still having the problems. To me I think its nothing about my font so far.

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Olllllo almost dead here

if it's the card drivers you are going to have to try out every
A - the oldest dirver you can find for your card -
B - a "medium" one
C - the newest ones-

you said before that you might break the machine by messing with them , but i don't see any reason why driver changing would mess it up -
whatever the brand -
Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- there might be a hotfix patch for your problem Y'know

any way , whatever the brand, figure out exactly the version you currently have , download the installer and make sure you can re-install the drivers to their current state -

if you need better graphics, go ahead and buy the new Video card -

in a semi-related note , i have seen many laptops with messed up video cards lately.....

Oldyz is getting suspiciously better - i think he GAVE ME the cold

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
Olllllo almost dead here

if it's the card drivers you are going to have to try out every
A - the oldest dirver you can find for your card -
B - a "medium" one
C - the newest ones-

you said before that you might break the machine by messing with them , but i don't see any reason why driver changing would mess it up -
whatever the brand -
Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- there might be a hotfix patch for your problem Y'know

any way , whatever the brand, figure out exactly the version you currently have , download the installer and make sure you can re-install the drivers to their current state -

if you need better graphics, go ahead and buy the new Video card -

in a semi-related note , i have seen many laptops with messed up video cards lately.....

Oldyz is getting suspiciously better - i think he GAVE ME the cold

Well I only had 2 videos drives to pick from. Using others and it force to stop installing. And when I tried the other video card option. It display everything right but Mupen and other programs that had the overlapping problem will not load. I had to revert back to my old card so things will load. Any other Ideas?

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ollllohhhhhhhh RATs

well, that is quite a mess, the new card its either even more incompatible with those programs, or -

have you tested other versions of MUPEN?
even the latest command line versions with a GUI?

i know that you want the MUPEN for on-line play tho , the one recommended for GE online.......

It also smells strongly of incompatiblility with direct x & the vid cards combo on MUPEN's end witha dash of windows 7 -

have you gone to forums that chat about the cards you have?
most of the time there is topics on how to fix Or what programs to avoid -

Ohhhh, i remember something - i came across an ATI card that had to be completely uninstalled using an external program - after doing so & re-installing an specific version of a driver the blasted thing worked fine for the program that was bugging a friend -

on this machine right now i have problems with pj64 - it will not work properly for PD until i install the latest driver -
For GE i have to boot from another drive with another driver because the latest messes up Goldeneye -

it is a conundrum - the most comon cards Nvidia & Ati are always messing something up -
another additional mess is that they change their configuration menus and somethings always go missing
(i hate computers)

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
Ollllohhhhhhhh RATs

well, that is quite a mess, the new card its either even more incompatible with those programs, or -

have you tested other versions of MUPEN?
even the latest command line versions with a GUI?

i know that you want the MUPEN for on-line play tho , the one recommended for GE online.......

It also smells strongly of incompatiblility with direct x & the vid cards combo on MUPEN's end witha dash of windows 7 -

have you gone to forums that chat about the cards you have?
most of the time there is topics on how to fix Or what programs to avoid -

Ohhhh, i remember something - i came across an ATI card that had to be completely uninstalled using an external program - after doing so & re-installing an specific version of a driver the blasted thing worked fine for the program that was bugging a friend -

on this machine right now i have problems with pj64 - it will not work properly for PD until i install the latest driver -
For GE i have to boot from another drive with another driver because the latest messes up Goldeneye -

it is a conundrum - the most comon cards Nvidia & Ati are always messing something up -
another additional mess is that they change their configuration menus and somethings always go missing
(i hate computers)

Well ill give another version of Mupen 64 a go. But if it still leads to the same problem. Do you know of a good video card to buy?

By the way I may as well tell you my video card. Its a Intel(R) HD Graphics Family.

Just in case if anyone wanted to know.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I swear, if you purchase a damn video card because of a simple text overlap I'm going to explode, not kidding you.

That's pathetic.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really, it's quite obviously the font size. You can tell not just from the spacing but from the difference in size between the tab labels and option labels.

I thought online compatibility was based on checksums versus ROMs and program versions. A resource modification shouldn't throw either of those.

acceptable67 wrote:
I swear, if you purchase a damn video card because of a simple text overlap I'm going to explode, not kidding you.

He wasn't kidding! Actual live feed from his webcam!

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:

He wasn't kidding! Actual live feed from his webcam!
[/quote]

How did you get feed of me! /suspicious

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: