ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

I have a serious problem with Winodws 7/XP/PD Editor usgage!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: I have a serious problem with Winodws 7/XP/PD Editor usgage! Reply with quote Back to top

My first major problem is with my computer running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edition that is totally bitchy (just like me) with the Perfect Dark and GoldenEye setup editors. It fails to visualize solo levels a lot even when I run the program as an administrator. It always says that a module, device, or something called g_pd3dDevice is missing and I don't know how.

I want to fix the editor for my computer's native OS so **** bad because I dread having to use Windows XP just to mod the game. I only play on the main operating system anyway. It would be a hell of a lot nicer to just get it working on Windows 7. I'm serious about solving this. Do I need to use Dependency Walker (I don't even know how to)? Or should I try something else? Please help me for God's sake and God bless you if you can solve my problem! Confused Mad

PUHLEAZE! Crying or Very sad

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Run as XP SP3 Compatibility, I think that helps. (And admin as you are)

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This used to happen to me. it happened because I tried to "do something else" while the visual editor was loading or processing something.
by "do something else" I mean clicking/moving the window, changing focus to another window, whatever.
While visual editor is "working" just don't do anything and wait for it to finish or suffer the consequences xD.

Now, if this iss not your problem, then I don't know how else to help, sorry.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This still happens to me the odd time, but like Radorn said, it's quite often caused by the user (or even another program) trying to access something while the Editor is attempting to load the Visual window. I do get the "Trying to recover..." message while working in Visual mode now and then, but it can usually recover okay. I think it might crash in Project mode, though.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This also happens to me when I try opening the visual window.

It always recovers for me and I never have a problem. But it happens when I have more then one program running on this laptop. Try closing all programs then load the setup editor. If that still don't work. Look in the task manager and see shut down programs that are running in the background.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to always get this too. There was something weird thought that I did that made it stop.

Mind you it's not the DLLs problem, your operating systems problem, nor your hardware (It's the structure of the program).

Yes, it happens when you aren't clicking at other windows or moving the mouse around, too.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's fixed now. I think I can use the editor just fine on my Windows 7 now by running in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and as administrator. I have both of those checked in the properties for the desktop shortcut. Now I can get back to work on Carrington Institute for multiplayer. I also have an idea which could be the first custom solo mission for Perfect Dark...

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Off-topic:

00Dark, check your PM box in case you've missed it, a question about your DD Labs conversion to combat simulation

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistaMontiel -
change the name of the "mario 64" topic to MK64
mortal kombat 64?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Smile Surprised Shocked Confused

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pffft I'm not into the MK and especially not SF

Exclamation THE KILLER INSTINCTS ARCADE BABY !! RAREWARE RULES !!! Exclamation

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: I am PRAYING for an update to PJ64 Reply with quote Back to top

PJ64 needs a SERIOUS update for people running windows 7 64 bit premium and have AMD processors I cant run Pj64/ 1964 or any emulators on my f*cking computer!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr I bought a 32 bit laptop just for gaming now with windows xp professional The level editor seems to work okay on my 64 bit BUT it does me no good because I cant emulate the game!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Microsoft continues to go back wards into incompatibility HELL Cool

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just notice this topic gone beyond WAY OFF TOPIC. 1st a PM notice. 2nd a topic rename notice. And now a complaint about Project 64. Shocked

I find this topic way off.

Anyway back on topic.

I'm glad you got the Goldeneye editor working 00Dark. And i'm really expecting to see this level in action when its release since I really want to play it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: