ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Talking about of GF64
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Talking about of GF64 Reply with quote Back to top

Iv been thinking for awhile if i should post this,Think its time.
My opinion on the texture stuff is that the guards should be left alone[Color could change]The important characters Are the ones that should change.
I saw the first Vid about the project [SubDrags]i saw that the wepons also changed.Some wepons again my opinion should not change.
This might cause conflict but...Just stating my opinion,i dont know if theres much out there that agree.

Last edited by Rey on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There will be a couple weapons remaining from GE, like Walther PPK, but most are changing.

All of the characters are being replaced. Most are done. Believe me, you'll like the new ones!

Rey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
There will be a couple weapons remaining from GE, like Walther PPK, but most are changing.

All of the characters are being replaced. Most are done. Believe me, you'll like the new ones!
I seen the Soviet and the Magnum those looked decent but,I brought this up because most texture hacks come out looking weird because people dont fix the color,Or shine them.But ill believe.Time will tell!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry, these are quite good Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This isn't some half-assed project that a lot of mods turn out to be. The guys working on the new props, characters and weapons, are putting a great deal of time and effort into each model. They won't settle on something that is "good enough", and want to do their best to match Rareware's quality. It's a labour of love, done by people who long for a real sequel to GoldenEye. When you see more of the progress down the road, you'll see exactly what I mean. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only issue is time. In the early 1960's a fair number of these weapons just didn't exist yet, and for the most part the ones that do are Russian. Just going through the list:

• The Walther PPK would be proper to every book/film from Dr. No on except Tomorrow Never Dies which uses a different model.
  • Tokarev TT-33's and all the knockoffs thereof span from the 1930s into present day.
  • 1959 was the initial release of the scorpion.
  • The kalashnikov saw active service starting in 1949.
  • ZMG seems closer to a MAC-10 than an Uzi, which would place it in the 70's. It could though be the micro uzi which places it in the 1980s. Either way, it's too late of period.
  • The MP5K wasn't around until '76. Incidentally, the curved steel magazine came out in '77 The earliest form of MP5 came out in 1966, just after Goldfinger, if we presume a 1964 setting.
  • Spectres first came out in the mid-'80s, excluding them.
  • The M16 was designed in 1963 but didn't see service except in Vietnam until about 1970. Up until then, the mainstay US rifle was the M14. The specific model appears to be an M16A2, which came out post-Vietnam, although it could probably be passed off as either concidering the quality of the model.
    The M14 would be more proper to the setting, if only because of availability.
  • FN P90s get their name from the year of first production, 1990.
  • The magnum is likely the popular Smith and Wesson M29 of Dirty Harry fame but could also be a Ruger Redhawk. It's somewhat difficult to place the specific make simply because the model is rather crude. With a bit of work it could be made into virtually any .44 magnum from the 1890's on up. On eway or another, any final release should have a magnum in it.
  • You'd be guessing with the makes of the shotguns. The pump-action could be one of dozens of pistol-gripped shotguns, similiar to mossburgs, hawks, ithacas, remingtons, winchesters, and probably a few others. No idea what to make of the autoshotgun. Either way, a redesign would be in order and probably more of a shotgun dynamic to them.
  • The sniper rifle bears a great reseblance to certain french and commonwealth designs but also can't be specificly placed. In reality, most sniper rifles are bolt-action and farther range than what reasonably comes up in the game.

Everything else would either be movie-specific cameos, complete inventions, or unidentifiable.

One issue is that weapons appearing in Goldfinger should appear in-game. Another is that certain things requiring, say, solid-state electronics or weapons appearing decades after the setting simply aren't going to fit.
There's still going to be a great selection of stuff. Just, instead of a GE shotgun it might be a double-barreled stagecoach one. There's plenty of diversity even in the different setting.

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
This isn't some half-assed project that a lot of mods turn out to be. The guys working on the new props, characters and weapons, are putting a great deal of time and effort into each model. They won't settle on something that is "good enough", and want to do their best to match Rareware's quality. It's a labour of love, done by people who long for a real sequel to GoldenEye. When you see more of the progress down the road, you'll see exactly what I mean. Smile
I know there working hard to be one of the best mods of goldeneye.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

haha, yeah Ive got guns sorted Smile
And yeah, we're all taking our time with models and making them perfect, and about shading and colour, any model made that gets imported flat I am going through the list and shading them, so they will all look crisp by the end and release.

For my part, my textures will be very sharp sice I uv quite tight and I tend to use a lot of 64x64 grey and 4bit textures.

There are a couple of models that once I get to shading them I will be reducing the number of active textures by replacing some with others at greyscale (ones with gradients, they are all same, bicolour)

Trev

P.S. I actually think that once the project is finnished we will have acutally improved upon Rare's GoldenEye.

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
haha, yeah Ive got guns sorted Smile
And yeah, we're all taking our time with models and making them perfect, and about shading and colour, any model made that gets imported flat I am going through the list and shading them, so they will all look crisp by the end and release.

For my part, my textures will be very sharp sice I uv quite tight and I tend to use a lot of 64x64 grey and 4bit textures.

There are a couple of models that once I get to shading them I will be reducing the number of active textures by replacing some with others at greyscale (ones with gradients, they are all same, bicolour)

Trev

P.S. I actually think that once the project is finnished we will have acutally improved upon Rare's GoldenEye.
Naw naw naw,i respect the opinion of it gonna be better then rare's goldeneye but no,that is just Classic.

Rey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I ended up posting this in GEX ha but i deleted it.Wait Wait Wait.......wait i thought of something.Would be possible to use some of PD items like tables doors ECT to put to GF.I mean theres already been levels imported.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Possible yes, but I don't know of many ones I want, most I'd rather new.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD = 2023
GF = 1964

Most of the props in Perfect Dark were designed with a more futuristic look to them, which wouldn't suit the era in which Goldfinger took place. While it'd be nice to reuse props from either GE or PD, they don't all fit the tone and can even appear lazy.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
PD = 2023
GF = 1964

Most of the props in Perfect Dark were designed with a more futuristic look to them, which wouldn't suit the era in which Goldfinger took place. While it'd be nice to reuse props from either GE or PD, they don't all fit the tone and can even appear lazy.
Uuuuh you be texture hacking.
Any look that PD or GE has im sure the texture could be changed as you did the planes and people.

GhettoGangsta
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but thing is it would just be simpler to just create new weapons.

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On a side note,PD's drone guns may be able to be used in it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: