ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Talking about of GF64
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the support of the gf64 team!

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is going to be great for multiplayer Smile i've been looking forward to this project ever since MF started talking about it.

I really hope this project doesn't die.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are doing our best to prevent that! I'd hope we'd be able to deliver something that's at least comparable to Goldeneye when we're finished Very Happy

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was reading through about GoldenFinger. Seems it is gonna hit 50 years this year! Exclamation That made me think, what over all progress has the mod made. I for one do not hear much about the project so I wonder about it every so often.
Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Progress is highly classified, but is very much continuing and going well.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Progress is highly classified, but is very much continuing and going well.

I think we're all hoping that the game meets the 13th of November deadline (which was never actually announced by the team, but it's the fiftieth anniversary of the film's release, so it does seem reasonable to assume that that's their intended target. And off topic, but Doctor Who returns a month before that (23rd August), with the new Doctor, Peter Capaldi, and us DW-fans are very keen to see how he portrays the Doctor. I have to admit that I don't think he looks promising at all, but then again, I thought Matt Smith was going to be rubbish, and he turned out to be arguably the best Doctor of all time. Same with Daniel Craig's Bond, many of us thought he'd be rubbish, but now think he's fantastic. So hopefully we'll be proven spectacularly wrong again, and Peter Capaldi will turn out to be utterly amazing as the Doctor - I've heard he's a really good actor, but I don't remember seeing him in anything except a disappointing film where he had a small part. He was good in that, but it was too brief a role to show him as anything but annoyed and impatient, really.

Come to think of it, has there every been an official game based on Goldfinger? Or even an unofficial, fan made one? You'd have thought so, seeing that Goldfinger is always in the top few "Best Bond film" lists, and many fans still cite it as being THE Bond fim. But I can't think of any Goldfinger games.

Actually, has there ever been a good Doctor Who game? I've seen a few weak ones (and the only video game I ever won was Doctor Who: Dalek Attack, which wasn't much good, and totally missed the point of Doctor Who, as you had to go around shooting enemies!).

Back to Goldfinger, by the way, one of the mods should change SubDrag's and Rey's posts, so that Rey's says "Do you expect us to wait, SubDrag?", and SubDrag's says "No, Mr Rey, I expect you to play any month now". Wink

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That I know of there has not been a GoldFinger game in itself. There have been levels from the movie and what not. GoldFinger himself was used in the Goldeneye Rouge agent game, but major spin off plot.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with any Doctor Who game is that it's seen as a franchise cash-in. As such, they'd slap something themed into a generic engine the same way they do for movie and TV tie-ins.

A better route for a Dr. Who game would be one of the visual/interactive story types. A lot of Who stories have been murder mysteries, and almost all have been some kind of mystery. IF has always been a good model for games of that kind.

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dr... Who? ;p budum chi, making new posts in a forum section that is barley touched.... mmmm

I saw on the Youtube Video that you are needing 10 or 20 sound effects? Do you need weapon sound effects? or has that been cleared up since Subdrag posted that?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe we're good on that now, but thanks for asking!

MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok...it's just a question that's begging to be asked after that last comment...

Any chance of updating the video perhaps? Wink

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since the game has missed the fiftieth anniversary as a release date (disappointing, but understandable), can you give us any idea of the ETA of the game's release, please? Not an exact date, of course (you never know what might cause delays in the meantime) but a rough idea of the current target.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hate to sound like Rare, but it'll be out when it's out. Holiday 2015 would be a good time, but we'll see as it gets closer so no official announcement yet. So stay tuned, work is still furiously going on for GF64!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I hate to sound like Rare, but it'll be out when it's out. Holiday 2015 would be a good time, but we'll see as it gets closer so no official announcement yet. So stay tuned, work is still furiously going on for GF64!

OK mate, thanks for answering.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:

I for one imagine this mod to be EPIC considering it's taking so long to get it finished. Can't wait to see the beast in action! Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: