ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Project /2012=\\--Perfect Dark Eternal--//=2012\
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well...

You could just purchase the XBLA version for Xbox.

o_o?

It's a lot of fun.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thinkn everybody is missing the point. A generic texture swap would, for the most part, work. When textures aren't recycled you have two options.
You could either assign a 'blank' texture ID to it proportional to the image you want. The model would only require simple ID number changes, the blank image would compress incredibly well, and you can still do the replacement.
Otherwise, you could hardcode some or all of the images.

To do a face, clip out the section you're going to use. Look at that image. It's pretty close. Even if it wasn't, leave that one behind at first. Seriously, this is just a little time-consuming. It isn't difficult by a long shot.

Ice Mario just doesn't check his messages very often. He'll get around to messaging you. In the meantime, work out the ID->image assignment so the whole project goes much faster.

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just being a fool.

Best of luck with this project anyway...

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you try the textures from rwp? I don't think anyone here has capability to rip.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This discussion only started on this message board three days ago. Any one who may have the ability to rip the textures from the XBLA version of Perfect Dark may either be busy, or hasn't noticed this topic. As others have said, Ice Mario doesn't check his e-mails on a daily basis, and may even be a bit slow to respond. You'll just need to wait patiently to see what he says. Many of us also have other PD or GE projects on the go, and that takes up most of our free time.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't a lot of the objects and guns in the XBLA version's poly's increased? Wouldn't this make a deformed texture?

Still curious how this would turn out...

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I approve to this project. Even if I own the real game on Xbox360.

Anyway point is ripping texture from one game to another is very time consuming also very frusting if needing to resize it to a smaller or bigger size just to show up better in the game it self.

Like here a good point. Let say you want to replace a very detail wall texture with a Xbox360 PD remake texture. You need to first pull it out of the game. (I do not know how to do that) Then you can add it right into the old PD game it self. But wait there may be a problem. What if the texture is another size to the real texture from the game? Resizeing it can take time. Since if you resize it you will lose some detail to the real texture and it might look more blurry then the remake one.

Also texturing the guns is another problem. But I'm not even gonna get into that one.

Also the models in the remake also has been change from the N64 version. This can also lead to problems about texture importing as well.

And Pming Ice Mario you say? I've not heard about him in ages. You be lucky to even have a pm back from him in less then 2 to 3 days. Most likely longer since from what i'm reading from everyone else.

Other then the problems it self. This project will be great if it can be pulled off that is.

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: