ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Project /2012=\\--Perfect Dark Eternal--//=2012\
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well Harpiared. We all did not say that this was gonna be hard or its gonna be easy at all. We just are pointing out the most important things since we do all know what we are talking about dear.

Anyway if you do think this is so simple please give me a pic of like 3 fully finish levels with all perfect size textures added to it sometime this month. Then ill be impress then I will know this is easy for you.

Anyway next of all Harpiared. Keep all your post in one post. If you forgot to add anything more just edit your post and then you can keep it nice and clean in this topic for us.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:

Anyway if you do think this is so simple please give me a pic of like 3 fully finish levels with all perfect size textures added to it sometime this month. Then ill be impress then I will know this is easy for you.

This.

And (Harpiared) you keep preaching to us how easy it is (I've replaced my own share of textures in PD via the editor) bring us a really cool re-skin, I'd like to see it.,

Now I will give you this, getting the textures from Xbox will be hard but replacing them may be rather simple (Besides an issue mentioned above with the heads. N64 PD's are 3 parts as Xbox's are 1). It's more of the fact that it's absolutely ridiculously time consuming. Can I do it? Of course. But would I choose to? No, I don't want to waste weeks just replacing textures.

It's up to you, seeing as you want to challenge your self.

P.S. Good luck fitting the high res textures in! The editor (for the most part) will reject them as they are too big.

Last edited by acceptable67 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a good idea (except for certain "too different" textures like Ollllll0llllllO said). Original gameplay with XBLA visual upgrade.

Cool

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Extremist wrote:
This is a good idea (except for certain "too different" textures like Ollllll0llllllO said).

LOL

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Olllo :

Harpiared, i forgot to tell you , you will need to use both plugins rice and glide to dump all possible textures when using project 64 1.6.Etc.

Project 64 1.7 seems to show all that is needed (halos of light, skyes , dizzy effect gradients ,video "grain" etc) but PJ64 1.7, you can only get trough donation -

once you have the dumps , about 50 to 60 plus % of the textures should be replaced with not much problem

Another 20 to 30% will have to be warped or modified a bit to look right without the use of the editor

and my guess is that about 15 to 20% will require that you use the editor to re-adjust some triangle data to accommodate some textures properly

another small percentage might require some model editing with blender or hammer to re-map some triangles as well -

IN Spanish

Harpiared -
se me olvido decirte tendras que usar los dos plugins Rice & Glide para poder hacer un dump de todas las texturas posibles si usas project 64 1.6.etc.

Project 64 1.7 parece que muestra todas las texturas y efectos (como haces de luz, cielos, texturas de emborrachamiento, "estatica" de video, etc) desafortunadamente la version 1.7 solo esta disponible si haces una donacion

Una vez que tengas los dumps , cerca del 50 a un poco mas de 60 % de las texturas podran ser reemplazadas sin ningun problema

De un 20 a 30 % tendran que ser pandeadas o modificadas un poco para que se vean bien sin usar el editor

Y adivino que como que de un 15 a 20% de texturas podran usarse despues de utilizar el editor para reajustar la apariencia de las texturas a travez de la modificacion directa de algunos triangulos

Otro pequeño porcentaje puede requerir que se editen los modelos directamente usanado hammer o blender para hacer un "re-map" de sus triangulos

Queridos Brasileiros:
keep that nice V-game hacking tradition going, from beats of rage mods to MUGEN - i wish that there where more Mexicas involved....

Harpiared, you can post your stuff in portuguese alog with the english translation, i can't speak for the rest of the spanish reading crowd that hangs around here, but for me portuguese seems so similar to spanish, that reading it along with the english translation seems to work very well.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even though I was a little against this, I still am a Perfect Dark freak and would like to partake in this modding. I'll be on-board (Not with the stealing of the images though, I don't know how to do that from an Xbox! Smile )

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:01 am; edited 3 times in total

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:01 am; edited 2 times in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Harpiared wrote:
acceptable67 wrote:
EternallyAries wrote:

This.

And (Harpiared) you keep preaching to us how easy it is (I've replaced my own share of textures in PD via the editor) bring us a really cool re-skin, I'd like to se.....

Profiteer.
What can you do for this project?
I know very well that would be boring, and "ridiculously slow" but by chance I did not say in the equation, what each one does his part and the result turns?

I think that you are not reading my feedback.

What do you think I can do for your project?

I'm reading your feedback obviously... And the way you're typing sounds like you have an attitude/are very mad.

Harpiared
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Harpiared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: