ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How to make guards drop things? (and other problems).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: How to make guards drop things? (and other problems). Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, everybody! I am making my first level with a great progress, but now I have a really big problem, at least for me. I want to lock a door, and then assign a guard to drop one keycard, and then use this keycard to open the locked door, similar to many situations in the game (like the final door in caverns, and so on...). I have already tried it using the action blocks and searched for informations in the community, and even checked other levels to see how I do it. The only thing I learned is how to close the door, with the edit object option, but how I do the rest?

Also, using this topic, here go another question: How to delete my own paths? I assigned some to guards to walk, but now they are uselles. Any way to delete then easily?

And... I use the brush to "paint" some corners of the level, but the new colours don't show when I quick inject into ROM. Is there a special way to use this feaure?

Thanks to all your guys for the attention! Wink

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The door locking is actually done not via actions but object editor. Set the key bitflags to one of them, assign the key to the guard, then set the door lock flags to match, and then voila you ahve that!

For paths I guess you have to use the Path editor, can't use visual.

If you are using Rare's levels, shading isn't quite as simple, because I don't fully support all the displaylist options they do, so it won't look right. But in general you'd do Save project + rooms to actually save background changes, and then inject project.

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks subdrag, and...

1- I need to place the keycard somewhere in the level, like the cut-scenes objects and persons in Perfect dark (stored in some locked room)?

2- About the paths, I get it!

3- Is the tutorial in the vault explaining all the process for the project, right?

I didn't tried your tips right now because I lost my mouse, and it's a bit hard to operate the computer without mouse... Very Happy Very Happy

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can attach keycard to a guard, or just insert it on floor and then in object editor edit the lock flags. I think visual might be able to also edit lock flags.

There should be a tutorial on making all new levels on vault, relatively recently I updated it to be more comprehensive.

Rey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thought i should post it here since its already a topic.I got the guard to drop a key,but it doesent open.I go back to see and the TAG numbers for the locked door are back to 8 zeros.Every time i go and check if it changed it still is back to 0's.Why is it doing this and how do i fix it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: