ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Strange graphics in my pc
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Strange graphics in my pc Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everybody! If your guys know well goldeneye (and of course your guys know!), look at this image, a print from my emulator. Something wrong, right?

And this image I picked in the net. Compare with my print. This one is shaded, and is cool, like the one in nintendo 64 Very Happy

I use project 64 1.6 with Jabo's direct3D8 1.6. I don't have many knowledge in computers, but I think this problem is because of my system configuration. Following:

Windows XP SP3
Processor Intel Celron D 2.13Ghz
224 MB of RAM
Video card: S3 Graphics PRO savageDDR

A friend of mine said that my video card is very bad, but the others configurations are Ok. I can emulate any nintendo 64 game without lag or stuff like.

Oh, and the same thing occours to perfect dark. No shade, just a "plain" light level.

I'm counting on your guys!

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

Rey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly blame Project 64

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
I honestly blame Project 64

It doesn't happen to me.

I don't get it, why does everyone say 'Mupen' over Project 64?

PJ64 is the best emulator out there, easiest to use, what's to hate? It's not his emulator.

P.S. Check your brightness..

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the first image reminds me a gameshark code, I do not remember now what is the code that makes those effects. checks without the emulator you have activated the option chosen to remember cheats

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It appears as though the RGB values assigned to the level architecture aren't being utilized. That means that all of the textures are being displayed as-is, without any added colouration or darkening.

There was something like a "no shadows" GameShark code at one time, which looks quite similar to this.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed the RGB is not loading at all. Sometimes not only Project 64 has this problem also Mupen as well. It all depends on the video plugin you put in. I try switching it and see if anything changes if so. Then put your old video plugin back and try fixing some of the settings. If I had my emulators on hand right now I can check for you. But right now I don't have my files right now.

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:

P.S. Check your brightness..

Already checked. Doesn't happen what we want... Normal graphics. The screen either gets darker or brighter Smile

EternallyAries wrote:

try switching it and see if anything changes if so. Then put your old video plugin back and try fixing some of the settings.

Tried to change the settings. I can't use others video plugins, the screen always gets all messed up with weird white/grey dirt things. I can only use the Jabo's 3D without troubles, in any game...

And I'm not using any type of cheats.

Any other idea?? Very Happy

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok try this video plugin in Project 64.

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/2889

That is Rice video plugin. Its not as good as Project 64 Jabo3D8 but it can get the job done for ya.

Now if that don't work at all. You can try my same Jabo3D8 plugin.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j6l6uzsl0ykeyyn

This is the same one as yours but not edit or anything. So tell me if that works at all.

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried the version of jabo's of yours. Same thing, but now the sky is gone... Evil or Very Mad There was a patch here on the forum that fix this problem, or something like this, so no worries about this one Very Happy

And what about the rice plugin you recommended me? Sorry for being a dumb, but it's a plugin, right? There should be a DLL file or something like this, I only found a bunch of debug text files (without readme). Or am I doing it the wrong way?

But about Rice video plugin, I searched for it in the net. I downloaded one version for Mudlock.... I must say, I played goldeneye with those JABO's plugin without fog for so long, and I forgot how beatiful goldeneye graphic is Very Happy The rice plugin fix the shade/fog from Jabo's. The problem is some instability: Guards with four heads (!!!), some slow places, glitch screens, strange skies and so on... I think I must test the configuration and the ROM setting, right?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I guess they change the download for Rice Video Plugin.

Try this link from GoldeneyeForever.

http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/downloads/RiceVideo5%5B1%5D.5.1.zip

Just move the Video plugin into your plugin folder. And use it in the emulator.

Like I said its not perfect but it shall get the job done for your emulator.

And what is your Video Card anyway?

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the sky is still messed and some guards are four headed, but I guess It's better than no fog/shadows Smile The plugin is working the same thing as the other rice plugin I downloaded, the one customized by murdlok. Maybe I should play with the configurations and see what can I do. My system configuration, tell me if you wanna know something else I didn't posted Very Happy

Windows XP SP3
Processor Intel Celron D 2.13Ghz
224 MB of RAM
Video card: S3 Graphics PRO savageDDR

I don't know about video cards, so I don't know if this one is compatible with PJ64. And aside from the RAM memory, my system seems to fit all the minumum requiriments Smile

By the way, is there a better emulator for goldeneye than PJ64? Someone could write one specially for goldeneye, this game has too many issues when it comes to emulation Smile

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MAURO wrote:

By the way, is there a better emulator for goldeneye than PJ64? Someone could write one specially for goldeneye, this game has too many issues when it comes to emulation Smile

There is always Stolen's 1964 emulator modification. Built 60 frames specifically for Goldeneye. Shouldn't have a problem with the emulation.

The only thing that made PJ64 a great emulator was because it's lightweight, simple, cheat codes, and that F4 button that speeds up those annoying cutscenes/level loading gaps (In PD at least).

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:

There is always Stolen's 1964 emulator modification. Built 60 frames specifically for Goldeneye. Shouldn't have a problem with the emulation.

I tried this one. Goldeneye, and any other game, doesn't boot. I also tried to emulate goldeneye in mupen64, the same thing happen with project 64, no shading/fog or messed up skies/door and four headed guards... I guess it's time to buy another machine Sad

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MAURO wrote:
acceptable67 wrote:

I tried this one. Goldeneye, and any other game, doesn't boot. I also tried to emulate goldeneye in mupen64, the same thing happen with project 64, no shading/fog or messed up skies/door and four headed guards... I guess it's time to buy another machine Sad

Im sorry to say. But it might be just your video card. You might need to buy a new one so you can have it showing it right for you.

Great cheap cards are the intel brands. Not the best but it will get it showing right.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The one he is using is integrated, so I suspect the Video card also.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: